• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
      Originally posted by BA2929
      Originally posted by ISASO
      Did a WSU fan call Monmouth a JUCO?

No, but I bet a lot of JUCO schools could have beaten Monmouth this season.
      Not exactly sure how Monmouth plays into this, but the year Bradley beat KU, WSU handed them their asses 2 times...
      I'm sure WSU could have beaten KU that year. KU really shouldn't have even been a 4 seed that season. They only got it because they won the Big 12 Champ game. They lose in the Big 12 tourny at any point and they get a 6 seed or lower.
      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
        Some funny (in a pathetic way) responses over there.

You have to love the "WSU fans have no place complaining about cheating" comeback. Let's see, it's been nearly 30 years and six coaching staffs removed since ours (yes, we actually cleaned things up), and they've had some biggies twice since then, and only one coaching staff removed. I think we've earned the right to be critical. Besides, we're always being told our history doesn't matter.

And does anyone else find it odd that their basketball teams seem to fear the likes of Bucknell, Bradley, SIU and Davidson more than the likes of Villanova and UNC? They are two possesions away from being ousted in the NCAA's by non-BCS teams in four straight years.

Perhaps their teams have an inferiority complex to thoes they think are inferior to them. Jayhawks are such complex creatures. :roll:
        Does that include the Utah State game they almost blew? I think they won that one by 3 also.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
          Originally posted by BA2929
          Originally posted by wsu789
          I really hope my KU alum wife, who just doesn't understand why so many Shocker fans think KU fans are arrogant pricks, will read that thread.

The best comment was complaining about the inaccuracy of comments that Darnell Jackson got paid to play and then alleging that WSU was doing the same thing with Carr, et al. It is they who need to do their research.

Nice straw man, BA.
          What would you call a WSU fan that insists on telling each KU fan he meets about KU's many problems? Arrogant? Flaunting WSU's track record the past 25+ years in the face of KU fans seems arrogant, at least to me. The street goes both ways. KU fans are arrogant because of their success in basketball. WSU fans are arrogant about the infractions issue because that's the one thing they have over KU in men's basketball. Maybe if WSU fans would stop bringing up the issues all the time KU fans wouldn't keep insulting WSU, I know I would stop. Everyone on here always seems to have what they think are the right answers and comments, including me, but most of them just turn out to be arrogant or elitist in some way, shape, or form.
          That article was written by a KSU fan right?
          I wasn't referring to that article, I was referring to this:

Every KU fan I've encountered this week had no idea that they were on probation and they all seemed a little stunned when their ignorance was wiped away.
          and this

Obviously, my instincts from Journalism School are showing through when I feel the need to provide another side to the "KU Story". Why should people be allowed to walk around ignorant when they have the opportunity to be enlightened? Don't you want to be well-educated when you make choices?

Further, certainly KU fans who know about the probation aren't trying to ignore their cheating ways and/or hide it from anyone, are they?
          Arrogance? I think it is. 2-way street my friend. Now not every WSU fan is like this, in fact, there are really only a handful of people on here that feel the need to bring up KU's problems whenever someone starts a topic about them, but the same goes with KU fans. I only bring up WSU's problems, etc, because someone else decides to start jabbing at KU. In fact, I'll turn the other cheek and not ever mention KU athletics again. Fair enough? :wsu_posters:
          "You can observe a lot just by watching."
          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
            Some funny (in a pathetic way) responses over there.

You have to love the "WSU fans have no place complaining about cheating" comeback. Let's see, it's been nearly 30 years and six coaching staffs removed since ours (yes, we actually cleaned things up), and they've had some biggies twice since then, and only one coaching staff removed. I think we've earned the right to be critical. Besides, we're always being told our history doesn't matter.

And does anyone else find it odd that their basketball teams seem to fear the likes of Bucknell, Bradley, SIU and Davidson more than the likes of Villanova and UNC? They are two possesions away from being ousted in the NCAA's by non-BCS teams in four straight years.

Perhaps their teams have an inferiority complex to thoes they think are inferior to them. Jayhawks are such complex creatures. :roll:
            It was Lew Perkins that came in to clean up WSU, and it was Lew Perkins who came in and found the mess at KU. Without Lew and his reputation, they wouldn't have got off as easy as they did in '06.

Beating UNC was their equivalent of the "Battle of New Orleans".

Now they can say "Remember the Alamo"..
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
              I wish I understood their point of about Wichita and their snobbishness about it.

Both the east and west side of Wichita are every bit as sophisticated as anything in Johnson County.

And they mistake our dislike of their arrogance and self-entitlement as jealously.

Interestingly enough, last week leading up to the KU-UNC, their inferiority complex about UNC shone through brightly, if anyone listened to the KC area talk shows.

And to the point about looking down on Wichita; with all due respect, they live in friggin' Kansas City. KANSAS CITY! KC ain't Paris, London, New York, Chicago, LA or even Philadelphia.
              When I moved to JoCo 22 years ago, I quickly saw the low grade nervousness around the Jayhawks getting their halllowed #1 seeds in the Big Dance... years later the losses to Bucknell and Bradley (among others) confirmed my observations. Under Larry and Roy, mostly Roy, they built a comfy little cocoon in Allen Field House. Whenever they stepped out of the friendly confines of AFC and the Big8/12, life wasn't so easy...

Fortunately for them, they hired Bill Self, and gradually, he as taken them to the next level. I'm not a KU fan, but I like Self, and like it or not, they will be just tough enough going forward to not have too many embarrassing games (fortunate for their nervous fans).

Having said that, I am more interested in getting our program back to 2006 levels on a consistent basis....

:goshocks:
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

After reading that thread, all I can say is that we can be thankful that if we're going to have KU fans here, the ones that actually post here (Indy and another guy who's name I can't think of right now) aren't like the ones in the thread that I just read.

Comment

I suspect the KU fanbase believes they are above criticism from the WSU fanbase simply because they normally win more games.

Comment

I have three beliefs that causes a dislike of KU. (1) Their administration and supporters have done their best to stop Wichita State University from becoming the best that it can be, (2) Roy Williams turned WSU in for wrong reasons, (3) they refuse to play us. Their fans being arrogant is not one of the reasons. I darn well plan to be arrogant right back at them when we become better than them year after year!
                    In the fast lane

Comment

I have had the privilege of attending and obtaining degrees from two wonderful institutions of higher learning in this great state. I have great affection for both schools. I was in the crowd in Greensboro two years ago and experienced the very same tears of joy I shed last Monday night (yeas I'm a girl). When I'm exposed to all this negativity - it is like watching siblings that you care for tear each other apart. I realize that I am probably in the minority - but I don't feel any of that "sense of superiority" that some people think all KU fans have (and yes I know that there are many KU fans out there that are completely intolerable snots). But I've had as much fun at Koch Arena as I had at Allen Field House. I just wish we could all get along - but then again - I still pray for Peace on Earth.

Comment

The guy that wrote the article is a KSU fan, why he is even writing for the Sunflower is a question the staff of the Sunflower should be made to answer. None of WSU problems went as far as paying the players to pay and we haven't even appeared to have any problem in 30 years. Except to "Hound Dog" Roy Williams eyes who couldn't believe that WSU could out recruit a hometown boy over big bad KU. Maybe KU offered him so much money Roy Boy couldn't believe he turned them down?

Comment

Originally posted by Zardoz
                          The guy that wrote the article is a KSU fan, why he is even writing for the Sunflower is a question the staff of the Sunflower should be made to answer. None of WSU problems went as far as paying the players to pay and we haven't even appeared to have any problem in 30 years. Except to "Hound Dog" Roy Williams eyes who couldn't believe that WSU could out recruit a hometown boy over big bad KU. Maybe KU offered him so much money Roy Boy couldn't believe he turned them down?
                          Another important point is, that the opinions of a Sunflower Reporter (yes, the Sunflower is WSU's newspaper, but...) are just that person's opinions--nothing more. Editorial comments. I'm sure not ALL KU fans are arrogant, just like not ALL Shocker fans are. We're limited on getting a sample from people who happen to post on these message boards. Hopefully most KU fans realize all this as well.

With that said, did I say I didn't like KU already? :lol:

Comment

Question: Why the F do we care?
                            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

That is exactly why i cant stand KU, they are so arrogant, they think they are the only team in the world. And they treat us like their red headed step child.
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by Ksedg
                                I have had the privilege of attending and obtaining degrees from two wonderful institutions of higher learning in this great state. I have great affection for both schools. I was in the crowd in Greensboro two years ago and experienced the very same tears of joy I shed last Monday night (yeas I'm a girl). When I'm exposed to all this negativity - it is like watching siblings that you care for tear each other apart. I realize that I am probably in the minority - but I don't feel any of that "sense of superiority" that some people think all KU fans have (and yes I know that there are many KU fans out there that are completely intolerable snots). But I've had as much fun at Koch Arena as I had at Allen Field House. I just wish we could all get along - but then again - I still pray for Peace on Earth.
                                It's no fun to get along all the time. Besides, when some KU fans get their jollies at giving WSU crap it's awfully fun to give it back to them and watch the shock in their eyes when you bring up something they're not so proud of, like being on probation or having a deadbeat dad on the roster.

Comment

Working...
                                X