No announcement yet.

KU's reaction to Sunflower articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indy's right about Jackson. I'm sure Jackson didn't know a family friend couldn't drive him from OKC to Lawrence or help his mama out. I don't see that as KU "cheating".

OTOH, a lot of WSU fans still remember the Ozell Jones incident that kept WSU out of post-season for 2 years. His HS forged his transcript. WSU didn't know. Jones didn't know. Hard to self-report something like that. The NCAA found it. Jones was forced to leave WSU and 2 years post-season ban ensued. One of those years would have had 4 future NBA players - Antoine Carr, Cliff Levingston, Ozell Jones and Xavier McDaniel.

There is some lingering sense that the NCAA slaps the wrists of the "big boys" and makes an example of the rest. Add in Asst. FB coaches taking tests for players to get them eligible and KU, while on probation for that, wins the Orange Bowl. That kind of stuff sort of sticks in the craw of WSU fans who watched the NCAA dismantle and ban 2 years of possible F4 BB teams.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Also a very good point Aargh
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Aargh, KU fans really want you to be ignorant of all the injustice. They just want you to be like them - a big, happy, ignorant and arrogant fan of KU because they win a lot of games. They win and that's all you need to know, mister.

After all, it's "just WSU". They're disposable. They can't compete with all the winning they do at KU. They only way they can compete for a national title is to cheat, just like they did in 1965 - right?

Conversely, KU flexed its royal muscles in '52, '88 and '08 without a hint of impropriety - right?

So ditch your integrity and join the party! Your life will be so much more enjoyable as a brain-dead, historically-ignorant, morally-bankrupt KU fan. Trust me!

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
          Aargh, KU fans really want you to be ignorant of all the injustice. They just want you to be like them - a big, happy, ignorant and arrogant fan of KU because they win a lot of games. They win and that's all you need to know, mister.

After all, it's "just WSU". They're disposable. They can't compete with all the winning they do at KU. They only way they can compete for a national title is to cheat, just like they did in 1965 - right?

Conversely, KU flexed its royal muscles in '52, '88 and '08 without a hint of impropriety - right?

So ditch your integrity and join the party! Your life will be so much more enjoyable as a brain-dead, historically-ignorant, morally-bankrupt KU fan. Trust me!
          In other words:

If ignorance is bliss, then being a KU fan must be pure euphoria.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

In one of my classes I have three freshmen who are always wearing ku gear. I asked them why they don't support WSU. All 3 replied "I went to ku for a semester so I'm kind of an alum. I have to support them."
            That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
              Lets be honest. The guy who wrote this is an idiot (KSU fan shows that)! The fan who sent it to the KU friend is an imbecile who wants to stir up trouble! The KU fans that pay any attention to it are morons and the WSU fans who care are still my fellow Shockers!

:D :posterwu: :D 8) 8)
              I spoke with taylor today.

Hes a lil embarassed about messing up some facts.
              he started writing the article wednesday night, it was for a deadline on thursday.

ALSO.
              It was an opinion article, kinda like bob lutz writes in the eagle.
              Lutz writes about the cardinals, how about we fire him for not writing only about the royals. or as a royals fan?

THE Deal with the sunflower
              as a student, and knowing several employees there. including myself... for like a week. wants to work their,
              its apparently not a fun place to work.

Taylor is a journalism student.
              And like i said earlier,
              he doesnt claim to be a shocker fan.

Also, isnt it a journalists job to be unbiased?

You can say all u want about Darnell, but cheating is cheating, KU has had so many warnigns, over and over, like ROYAL said earlier, weve had our mishaps, but weve cleaned up our program, ku just continues to cheat....

I have a buddy whos a ku student and ku fan, but also not a blind idiot, he sees the players driving around allt he time...

Is it odd that most of them are driving Escalades, and fancy sports cars?
              Im sure they all just have lots of money from their parents to pay for those right?

Maybe their parents our wealthy snobby ku alums?

Wait, most of these guys arent coming from rich families.
              This isnt harvard folks.

KU fans keep saying, everyone does it....

YOu know it isnt that ku does it, its more that they do it over and over, without any change...
              History gives me little reason to think that anything will.
              Neither does the way the ncaa handles it.

Michigan gets banned for two years from the tourney...
              ku gets a slap on the wrist?

Its also odd to me, that the day after the ncaa takes two schollys away, Brady Morningstar decides he is gonna pay his own tuition.
              Sure maybe his parents do, but i wouldnt be surprised if ku is right back to cheating....

Taylors point, was, Why is it that ku fans are so oblivious to all these historical facts about the school they love?

It just kills me how ku fans are like we never did that!
              its like
              YOUR AD ADMITTED TO iT.
              These arent conspiracy theories, these our historical facts.

Taylors a good friend of mine, he is a KSU fan, but at least hes not a shocker fan who wears a jayhawk shirt during the tourney.

Had taylor had another day to finish his story, it would have been errorless. Hes a dang good writer, hes in his first semester, and hes already working at the eagle.

I feel as a friend i must defend him.

And i hate to say it, everyone at the sunflower(I worked there for a lil while as a photog) are fairweather fans. My first day i was already debating rooting for all 3 teams with people.

At the sunflower you work a lot of hours and get paid very little...
              so its just a job that journalism students do for their resume.

Go Shox...

in the words of Ramon Clemente on his facebook status(public) during the ku memphis game...
              "I AM ROOTING FOR WSU."
              "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
              CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

KU fans proved they are a very humane and classy bunch when they began taking shots at a plane crash that killed dozens of innocent people.

Kudos to them.

LOL at the 'luxurious' people of Lawrence, Kansas and Kansas City for thinking they are a blip on any kind of national radar. No one outside of the midwest ever hears about Kansas City.

Class and intelligence abundant in the hills of northeast Kansas.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Also pretty funny to see the people who think anything related to Wichita is garbage care so much about what the Sunflower has to say.

Ironic.. maybe?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                    Also pretty funny to see the people who think anything related to Wichita is garbage care so much about what the Sunflower has to say.

Ironic.. maybe?
                    I hate to say it considering our fued...
                    however.
                    it is rather ironic.
                    Its like ku fans have such a superiority complex, that even when they win the national championship, they have to belittle a school who wasnt in the tournament and they wont even play.

O and by the way man, im rooting for the yankees over the bosox, im so sick of all the fairweather bosox fans.

Comment

I thought this was very funny:

Nevertheless, the inferiority complex is legit. I was walking by the admissions office one day wearing a KU shirt, and a lady stopped me, pulled me in, and handed me a WSU shirt to wear. It now serves as a nice undershirt. I'd get snide comments quite frequently, especially when WSU was temporarily ranked higher. I shrugged it off. I remember the days when WSU was a baseball school...it's now barely even relevant there.
                      I imagine that probably a majority of posters there are probably pretenders who have never stepped foot on campus (anywhere).

Comment

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
                        O and by the way man, im rooting for the yankees over the bosox, im so sick of all the fairweather bosox fans.
                        LOL.. :good:
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                          I thought this was very funny:

Nevertheless, the inferiority complex is legit. I was walking by the admissions office one day wearing a KU shirt, and a lady stopped me, pulled me in, and handed me a WSU shirt to wear. It now serves as a nice undershirt. I'd get snide comments quite frequently, especially when WSU was temporarily ranked higher. I shrugged it off. I remember the days when WSU was a baseball school...it's now barely even relevant there.
                          I imagine that probably a majority of posters there are probably pretenders who have never stepped foot on campus (anywhere).
                          Hit the nail on the head. I'd love to know the percentage of people wearing KU gear around here/KC/etc. actually have attended the school. I'd bet the percentage is really low.

In reality, the number of KU fans appears to be so high is because they actually acquire the majority of the bandwagon fans.

That last sentence made me chuckle. Ignorance is truly bliss.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Its like, all the people who were patriots fans.... just because of all the games they win.

My roommate is also rediculous.

He is a Missouri fan, A KU fan and a KSU fan.

and a WSU fan.

Hes from Overland Park.

hes the biggest fairweather fan ever.

Comment

Brady Morningstars parents are pretty well off.

Nobody claimed any wrongdoing from Washington State after reading the piece on the guard who gave up his 'ship so they could bring in a high talent freshman. Everyone thought that was a great story and classy move. The kids family had money and he wanted to help his team. That's basically what Morningstar did.

I hate defending KU but the first example that you seem to want to pound away (Jackson) is a horrible point that has been exposed but you refuse to comprehend. (Although we do understand your comprehension skills are lacking) And the Morningstar issues is also a non factor at all.

KU has issues and has violated NCAA rules. But the two you've brought up aren't going to get major punishment. One was a friend of the family who nobody knew was doing anything wrong and the other is no violation whatsoever.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

History repeated itself for KU 20 years later with an NCAA title. Congrats. Great team.
                                If history again repeats itself next season, they won't be able to defend their title because they will be on NCAA probation. THat's all you need to know about their history of cheating.

Comment

Working...
                                X