K-State Wichita State series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-State Wichita State series?

I heard from a co-worker this evening that K-STATE and Wichita State are in talks about a series and he thinks it will happen.

I haven't heard anything about a series but he some connections (outside) with WSU basketball so I lean towards believing
    him. But does anyone have confirmation either way?

It's been reported in the media that Bruce Weber is open to it, now that WSU is in The American and not the Valley. Personally, I will believe it when I see it.

It better not be an Intrust thing either because those jerkwads need to come to Koch.
    78-65

Comment

I really could care less one way or the other, not that anyone asked me.

Would have been an okay non-con while we were in the Valley of Dearth, but now that we are in the AAC it's nothing that changes my pulse. No one in the country - save for K-State fans - has any question anymore as to the current pecking order of things.

Comment

I think playing in state schools is good for the state.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
          So did I....at one time. But with K St and KU playing each other twice a year, I'd now only go for:

1) State requires one of #2 or #3

2) Playing one on the road, the other at home each year or

3) Playing one H/H one year and playing the other H/H the next.

Comment

Prefer the Kansas schools adopt the Iowa routine for State Universities playing one another in MBB.

Comment

Weber won't be around to make this series happen.
              Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                I've always found this to be an interesting opinion. Care to elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxcity View Post
                  Weber won't be around to make this series happen.
                  They just gave him a contract extension last month.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    They just gave him a contract extension last month.
                    Without increasing his buyout. That contract extension isn't worth the cow pie it's drawn in.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxtop View Post
                      I've always found this to be an interesting opinion. Care to elaborate?
                      I enjoy talking sh!t with my neighbors. There's a lot of local vested interest in the 3 D-I schools.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Bruce has indicated for a few years an 'interest' in playing the Same, but it always seems to fall back to he's only willing to do so if the Shockers get much worse or his team gets much better. I don't see either happening, so I don't see a series while Bruce is still there. He needs wins to keep his job and playing WSU doesn't get him wins.

Comment

I'd love to see in state matchups with KU and KSU every year. KU's argument of they have everything to lose is a non issue now. While they are way ahead of us in recruiting, when it comes to on court product we're now equals. KSU is clearly below both, but I like having fun games on the schedule and both these games would be fun.

Comment

I would love seeing the schools play every year. It would certainly help build tradition, give fuel for all the "we're better than you" talk, and generally make for a fun atmosphere in the state of Kansas realm. When we lived in NC, the rivalry between Duke, UNC, and NC state was a lot of fun. Sure, they are all in the same conference, but it was still enjoyable to see the competition.

Comment

I won't be surprised if this happens. The timing is perfect for KSU.

WSU is senior-heavy and will likely not be a pre-season top-25 team next year (I'm just arguing the outside opinion here). Weber knows the Shocks are a bigger brand than K-State now and are in the nothing-to-lose position. WSU will have played 3 games this year against Big 12 opponents, so there won't be a negative stigma associated with scheduling us.

Comment

Working...
                              X