The Countdown Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    There are no boats (or planes) that go to that island.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
      Meter

Got it thx. My apologies as it has been north of 118 degrees here recently and AZ Shocker has probably lost a few gazillion brain cells this past week. For future reference (at least from May to Oct.)...please excuse my shortcomings. This is an unholy land and as of late my occupation working outside in this godforsaken heat has put me (if I may use a quote from The Princess Bride) in the pit of despair!!! Lol
      Attached Files
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
        Got it thx. My apologies as it has been north of 118 degrees here recently and AZ Shocker has probably lost a few gazillion brain cells this past week. For future reference (at least from May to Oct.)...please excuse my shortcomings. This is an unholy land and as of late my occupation working outside in this godforsaken heat has put me (if I may use a quote from The Princess Bride) in the pit of despair!!! Lol
        Ummmm...I'm sorry, but to lose a few gazillion brain cells, you have to have them in the first place...so I'm not buying your excuses.

I apologize. I have been hanging out with Doc a bit too long. When you open the door like that, I feel compelled to walk right through it. :bball_spin:
        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
          Ummmm...I'm sorry, but to lose a few gazillion brain cells, you have to have them in the first place...so I'm not buying your excuses.

I apologize. I have been hanging out with Doc a bit too long. When you open the door like that, I feel compelled to walk right through it. :bball_spin:
          Lol. No apologies necessary. I dont mind leaving the door open. I can take the "heat". Pun intended. :)
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

#3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

#2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Heard some of the cactus are melting...

Don't forget your mitts!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              Heard some of the cactus are melting...

Don't forget your mitts!
              Indeed. The term (and feel) "spontaneous human combustion" certainly is at play here. Good God man!!!
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

#3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

#2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I would like to keep playing Missouri State in volleyball, men's and women's basketball, baseball and softball. Our volleyball teams in paticular have had some great battles over the years. Right now the Shocks have the upper hand in men's basketball but the Bears have it in baseball. Good solid non-conference opponents in both women's basketball and softball. We could do a lot worse.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  I would like to keep playing Missouri State in volleyball, men's and women's basketball, baseball and softball. Our volleyball teams in paticular have had some great battles over the years. Right now the Shocks have the upper hand in men's basketball but the Bears have it in baseball. Good solid non-conference opponents in both women's basketball and softball. We could do a lot worse.
                  For selfish reasons - I would like to see WSU play the Bears in all sports. It's an easy trip to Springfield to see the Shox - plus bragging rights of course

Comment

I'd favor playing MSU in all the minor sports. Past that, travel gets to be a consideration in the minor sports. Some Valley teams aren't a comfortable bus ride, and saving travel $$ in the non-con could be a consideration for the minor sports.

I will follow MVC basketball sort of like I follow KU football. It won't be because I give a rat's ass about who wins the game. Well, with KU football, I am amused and entertained when they get beat by the FCS cupcakes on their schedule.

MVC basketball will still be better than KU football, but I will watch it for amusement, not because I feel any affinity for any of the schools. It's hard to sympathize with teams in the Valley after they failed to maintain respectability for the conference.

I may actually enjoy football season this year.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Indeed. The term (and feel) "spontaneous human combustion" certainly is at play here. Good God man!!!
                      But its a dry heat

Comment

BTW, who's the one person who voted "> 2, in fact I wanted to stay in the Valley"? I would love to study you.

Comment

I voted none, however, I would be willing to modify my position if, say a current MVC team maintained a top 75 RPI for three consecutive years then WSU would consider a Home/Home schedule arrangement. If a MVC team maintained a top 150 RPI we would considered a one time Home "Buy" game. If they average >150 RPI we will give them a referral to play the University of South Florida, Tulane, or East Carolina.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                            BTW, who's the one person who voted "> 2, in fact I wanted to stay in the Valley"? I would love to study you.
                            Perhaps we need another poll to see who the board thinks that may have been. Personally my money is on mini-shock.

Comment

The Valley will always be part of our history. I have no problem playing any of them home or away. Isn't that a higher road than the one taken by the many schools we've cursed over the years for refusing to come to CKA or even play us at all? Are we going to morph into those we've vilified?
                              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                                The Valley will always be part of our history. I have no problem playing any of them home or away. Isn't that a higher road than the one taken by the many schools we've cursed over the years for refusing to come to CKA or even play us at all? Are we going to morph into those we've vilified?
                                Losing to us at CKA means nothing. Losing at pretty much any Valley school is a "Bad Loss" on Selection Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X