X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Countdown Thread

Anything you want to say as a Valley fanbase? Because you have only

HELLO AAC

days to do it in (more like 5 1/2 but I didn't decide to do this at midnight).
    • Does anyone know when the Valley/AAC logo will be changed in Koch?
    • So what is the sentiment about playing Valley teams?
    None - we are done with Valley teams!
    45.12%
    One - for nostalgia sake
    37.80%
    Two - Keep up the old rivalries
    15.85%
    > 2 .. In fact I want to stay in the Valley!
    1.22%
    Last edited by Ixiah; July 1, 2017, 05:39 AM.

If they get their RPI's up, I have no problem playing Valley teams...especially Bradley.

Comment

I can see HCGM giving Indiana State a game, considering the good relationship he has with Greg Lansing.

Comment

If Bradley is able to get back to the NCAA tournament on a regular basis I would be up for a H/H with them but the clock is quickly running on out on them ever being able to become a basketball power again. 2 for 1 with SWOMO is fine if they can finish top 100 every year.

Comment

As long as the RPI's of the team was top 100ish I would be ok with a home and home due to more than enough travel distance in conference play in the AAC. Most likely UNI or MSU.
          Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
          Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Only Bradley... at Koch only or perhaps a 2:1 or 3:1

Comment

Buy games would be fine against the top 7 or so in any given year

H-H works IMO if you can project a team will be Top 100 in each of the seasons under contract (and probably top 50 in at least one of those). Consistency makes that pretty tough - below are the RPIs for ISUr, UNI, MSU and BU (seemingly the most likely targets) for each of the last 6 years:

ISUr: 39; 118; 53; 133; 106; 99
              UNI: 158; 66; 11; 112; 80; 72
              MSU: 211; 236; 237; 93; 198; 127
              BU: 219; 304; 280; 264; 179; 268

You really gotta thread the needle with the performance laid out above for a H-H to make sense. UNI in 2014-15 and 2015-16 would have been fine, but will they (or any of their peers) repeat that soon? Seems unlikely.

A 2 for 1 with the Panthers is something I could get comfortable with at any given time as long as Jake is there. From a pure numbers standpoint, the same probably fits for ISUr so long as Muller is around but that isn't happening for obvious reasons.

Hopefully Bradley gets their act together (and I think Wardle is in the process of making that happen in a hurry).

Comment

h2h against nearly any of the top mvc teams. the shockers are in the aac now.. it wouldn't damage their rpi, kenpom, haslem, whatever.

i've also been saying for years now, ku should do a h2h series with wichita state.. it wouldn't have damaged ku's rpi. actually might have enhanced it.

Comment

Drake is Drake
                  For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                  - said no one ever...

Comment

IMO the MVC is now in the Shockers' rear view mirror and needs to stay there! OOC games need to be scheduled with Teams that enhance the Shockers' reputation and opportunity to be ranked in the Top Ten; IMO no team from the MVC can help with this need.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                      h2h against nearly any of the top mvc teams. the shockers are in the aac now.. it wouldn't damage their rpi, kenpom, haslem, whatever.

i've also been saying for years now, ku should do a h2h series with wichita state.. it wouldn't have damaged ku's rpi. actually might have enhanced it.
                      Of course WSU wouldn't have damaged KU's RPI. Our RPI has been Top 50 for years now. That is not a statist ally valid comparison with anyone currently in the Valley.

ISUR was Top 50 last year, but how confident are you that will be Top 50 next year. I would be surprised if they crack 100, and may be as bad as 175+. MSU may crack the Top 100 this year but without Alize Johnson, the next year, they may lose some games they shouldn't and with a bad Valley schedule, they are liable to jump up to 200 again the next year. Let's give it some time before we jump in and find out what the future of the MVC is. Right now we'd be gambling for sure.

Comment

Speaking of Countdown, could we get the Game Countdown temporary set to the AAC Entry Countdown?

Comment

Here's a quote to show how grounded in reality SWOMO fans are

Wichita would never lower themselves to come here in basketball. Do we all understand the level of disdain the Wichita admin had for the Valley at the end? They were like a small town prom queen just begging any big city, old money guy to marry them and take them away from it all. Never mind the fact that their guy in the small town treated them great and gave them everything they could and the big city guy is going to treat them as if they're another toy.
                          Perfect example is how the MVC moved the conference tourney to KC and the AAC is only willing to consider Hartford as a tourney location and isn't willing at other options.

Comment

Wait. Did the MVC really move their tourney to KC?????
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                              Wait. Did the MVC really move their tourney to KC?????
                              Meter
                              78-65

Comment

Working...
                              X