The Countdown Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
    Losing to us at CKA means nothing. Losing at pretty much any Valley school is a "Bad Loss" on Selection Sunday.
    Yeah but we could be charitable...you know for their Super Bowl (again)!!! Not! Lol

In all seriousness...I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing to play a Valley team...but for a while...let's let that stink clear the air for a couple years first.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
      Losing to us at CKA means nothing. Losing at pretty much any Valley school is a "Bad Loss" on Selection Sunday.
      There were times when we were a bad loss. That didn't stop us from complaining.
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
        The Valley will always be part of our history. I have no problem playing any of them home or away. Isn't that a higher road than the one taken by the many schools we've cursed over the years for refusing to come to CKA or even play us at all? Are we going to morph into those we've vilified?
        yes. If you and one or two others keep saying this, Gregg and others who do the scheduling will probably lose their mind and begin scheduling Valley teams because they feel so sorry for them forgetting about they underspent, scheduled Krappy teams because they wanted to win, and forget their attitudes that WSU can just "suck it" because we were almost the only team investing money in our program and caring if we had an at large NCAA resume. (Sarcasm intended)

Comment

For some odd reason I truly believe that our basketball schedule will reflect the needs of the basketball program and its needs. Whether that team comes from the mvc or other conferences. Probably way out on a limb but thats just me.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
            For some odd reason I truly believe that our basketball schedule will reflect the needs of the basketball program and its needs. Whether that team comes from the mvc or other conferences. Probably way out on a limb but thats just me.
            Exactly. Well-stated.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
              Very well said! I hope that after a year or two, and a change in players at WSU, that we do two home and homes against MVC teams annually.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Has Creighton played any Valley teams yet?

Comment

Originally posted by wheathead View Post
                  Has Creighton played any Valley teams yet?
                  They owed Loyola a game from BracketBusters.

Comment

Only one MVC team...A Ben Jacobson coached northern Iowa team

Comment

We could have a game against an MVC team this year.

WSU is possibly a 3 or 4 seed. The Valley's auto-bid is likely to be a 13 or 14 seed. The Selection Committee could set up a WSU/MVC game.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

No more than one every year. Any more looks like we can't let go.
                        Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          We could have a game against an MVC team this year.

WSU is possibly a 3 or 4 seed. The Valley's auto-bid is likely to be a 13 or 14 seed. The Selection Committee could set up a WSU/MVC game.
                          And even if the MVC autobid was higher, I wouldn't put monkeying with WSU's seed to get that matchup past the selection committee.

Comment

I'm just wondering, how many of you are planning to buy a new Skocker tee shirt tomorrow, hopefully a shirt sporting an American logo?

How many of you are planning on wearing it wherever you go? Even if you spill nacho cheese sauce on it.
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

And I'm talking that cheap nacho cheese sauce that has imitation peppers in it and can't be cleaned. Worse than movie theater nacho sauce, the stuff you really love, but tell everyone you hate, just because you would be embarrassed if anyone knew you loved it.

The stuff that stains worse than Chef Boyardee Mini Ravioli.

Oh, you know you love the mini ravioli, too!
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                                And I'm talking that cheap nacho cheese sauce that has imitation peppers in it and can't be cleaned. Worse than movie theater nacho sauce, the stuff you really love, but tell everyone you hate, just because you would be embarrassed if anyone knew you loved it.

The stuff that stains worse than Chef Boyardee Mini Ravioli.

Oh, you know you love the mini ravioli, too!
                                Pro-tip: Mixing the two sounds like a terrible idea.

It isn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X