No announcement yet.

Louisville Punishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Louisville was in the old Big East in 2013. The American Athletic Conference got their NCAA shares after the split so this might have a negative financial impact on our new conference.
    Last edited by Signman; June 16, 2017, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
      See, that's the issue...all of the punishments are for things in the past... The only thing they lose going forward are 4 scholarships over a 4 year span, and Slick Rick has his best recruiting class ever coming in this year. So there really is no mess to clean up from a basketball standpoint....
      You are right that basketball probably wouldn't be affected, but I can't imagine that Gregg (or more importantly...LYNN) would like an environment where those sorts of things were tolerated and even encouraged.
      78-65

Comment

Best case scenario, this is a tee-up for the North Carolina win and title vacation. I am not holding my breathe, but will keep hope alive.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Mike & Mike reporting this morning that according to recruits testimony more than one assistant new of the problems. How high did it go up the coaching chain?

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
            Mike & Mike reporting this morning that according to recruits testimony more than one assistant new of the problems. How high did it go up the coaching chain?
            You can bet that all of the coaches knew about it but I'm sure that RP kept it at arms length. He is informed about it but doesn't want to know the details.
            Last edited by shockmonster; June 16, 2017, 08:42 AM.

Comment

There were no charges for prostitution. There is no evidence the Rick Pitino knew or was involved.
              Related question - Would theese guys be on Gregg Marshall's payroll, or WSU's?

Dominic Okon
              Director of (Basketball) Operations
              Devon Smith Manager of Player Development
              Ryan Hillard Special Assistant to the Head Coach
              Because if they aren't getting paid by Marshall, and such an act happened here...... "failure to monitor" should be applied to these guys....

Darron Boatright
              Director of Athletics 316-978-5498 dboatright@GoShockers:.com
              Becky Endicott Senior Associate AD/SWA 316-978-3250 rendicott@GoShockers:.com
              Rege Klitzke Senior Associate AD/Business Operations 316-978-3251 rklitzke@GoShockers:.com
              Ruth Matz Director of Administration and Personnel

Why is it the HC's failure to monitor, if he isn't the one who hired them?

Comment

So, so glad we got rid of @ShockerFever: and kept @mini-shock:.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  So, so glad we got rid of @ShockerFever and kept @mini-shock.
                  I'm not a moderator, but only one of those individuals has routinely thrown around vulgar insults to members and visiting members from other teams alike for simply holding opposing views to their own. The other has not, and just has some opinions which do not happen to fit the ShockerNet zeitgeist (even though I think those opinions are wrong).

EDIT: to correct any misconceptions that this board "got rid of" Fever.
                  Last edited by Kel Varnsen; June 16, 2017, 10:01 AM.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                    You can bet that all of the coaches knew about it but I'm sure that RP kept it at arms length. He is informed about it but doesn't want to know the details.
                    I don't agree. I don't think HCRP knew. I think his assistant was, as @RoyalShock: stated, an idiot without a moral compass that was trying to act big time and wanting to party. Hiring kids is always risky, and in my opinion HCRP's real failure was NOT staying in the loop, more than it was being IN the loop. I know that's not a popular opinion around here, but it makes the most sense.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      So, so glad we got rid of @ShockerFever and kept @mini-shock.
                      We didn't get rid of Fever. He only had a short term break.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        I don't agree. I don't think HCRP knew. I think his assistant was, as @RoyalShock: stated, an idiot without a moral compass that was trying to act big time and wanting to party. Hiring kids is always risky, and in my opinion HCRP's real failure was NOT staying in the loop, more than it was being IN the loop. I know that's not a popular opinion around here, but it makes the most sense.
                        Actually very plausible, KW -- but isn't that what the NCAA refers to (and quite correctly, as hard as it is for me to endorse anything done or said by the NCAA) as failure to monitor, or even lack of institutional control?

Comment

My thought is doesn't Pitino and any head coach for that matter get a schedule for a perspective prospect's visit?

They have that stuff planned down to the very minute.
                          Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

Real tough to stomach: https://twitter.com/ericcrawford/sta...12955474604032 I don't particularly care what Pitino knew or didn't absolutely disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
                              Real tough to stomach: https://twitter.com/ericcrawford/sta...12955474604032 I don't particularly care what Pitino knew or didn't absolutely disgusting.
                              I heard on the radio that Louisville's argument (at least part of it )was that amount of money being paid was only $50. Girls less than 18 years of age were involved.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                                I heard on the radio that Louisville's argument (at least part of it )was that amount of money being paid was only $50. Girls less than 18 years of age were involved.
                                I've seen that argument too, which in of itself is terrible, but I suppose that totally justifies prospect 3's rape. Yes, it is rape.

Comment

Working...
                                X