No announcement yet.

Louisville Punishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to college athletics, where everything that goes around comes around, and you never really know who won the title until all the prostitution records are sorted through.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Typical power conference elitist sportswriter. He talks about the Michigan championship game, about Duke's loss to Louisville in the regional final, even about NC A&T's first round loss. But somehow he manages to overlook the one game Louisville was in position actually to lose, their toughest of the tournament, against a team we all know about here but apparently doesn't register in his memory.

Maybe joining the American will cause these clowns actually to notice and remember what WSU does.

Comment

I assume that Pitino would also have to forfeit any contractual bonus payments?
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          Post season bans and loss of scholarships punishes the current players, not the coaches. Have Pitino deliver a $100,000 check in person to each other head coach in the conference and to the head coaches he played in the NCAA. And inform the press of each and every meeting to deliver the check. AS for the assistants, fine them heavily and file criminal charges.
          But future 10 and 20 year reunions should reflect the cloud over this team. If the banner stays, in 10 years, they will celebrate their National Championship with all of the past asst. and head coaches, and players, and fans with a banner still hanging. The cloud will be lifted. These infractions were serious enough that the cloud should never totally disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            But future 10 and 20 year reunions should reflect the cloud over this team. If the banner stays, in 10 years, they will celebrate their National Championship with all of the past asst. and head coaches, and players, and fans with a banner still hanging. The cloud will be lifted. These infractions were serious enough that the cloud should never totally disappear.
            Where did I say the banner should stay or the championship. I was addressing the post-season ban and loss of scholarships (that is future, not retroactive).
            I agree, the cloud should stay, the banner & trophy should not.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

The NCAA is as corrupt as the worst offending school.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
                The NCAA is as corrupt as the worst offending school.
                Louisville will squirm out somehow. The powerful are never held to account. Only little guys. The NCAA is corrupted by the powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                  Where did I say the banner should stay or the championship. I was addressing the post-season ban and loss of scholarships (that is future, not retroactive).
                  I agree, the cloud should stay, the banner & trophy should not.
                  I was more trying to add to what you said than argue against it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                    You guys are jerks. I was having a good day.
                    It has been said: "misery loves company."
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Give 'me the death penalty and Pitino a 10 year show-cause.
                      Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                        Louisville will squirm out somehow. The powerful are never held to account. Only little guys. The NCAA is corrupted by the powerful.
                        Exactly!

They would rather go after Southern Miss than Louisville.
                        Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

Slick Rick has seemed to avoid the due punishment for his crimes for years.

That being said, I hope the Louisville job doesn't come open anytime soon.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                            Slick Rick has seemed to avoid the due punishment for his crimes for years.

That being said, I hope the Louisville job doesn't come open anytime soon.
                            In a sick sort of way, I kinda hope it does so that it can be proven yet again that 3G is not going anywhere. While Louisville is certainly considered to be a "great job," I'm going to guess that 3G has no interest cleaning up Pitino's scummy mess.
                            78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                              In a sick sort of way, I kinda hope it does so that it can be proven yet again that 3G is not going anywhere. While Louisville is certainly considered to be a "great job," I'm going to guess that 3G has no interest cleaning up Pitino's scummy mess.
                              See, that's the issue...all of the punishments are for things in the past... The only thing they lose going forward are 4 scholarships over a 4 year span, and Slick Rick has his best recruiting class ever coming in this year. So there really is no mess to clean up from a basketball standpoint....

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                                Typical power conference elitist sportswriter. He talks about the Michigan championship game, about Duke's loss to Louisville in the regional final, even about NC A&T's first round loss. But somehow he manages to overlook the one game Louisville was in position actually to lose, their toughest of the tournament, against a team we all know about here but apparently doesn't register in his memory.

Maybe joining the American will cause these clowns actually to notice and remember what WSU does.
                                Man you do have a thing about "power conference elitist" tags. I really saw nothing wrong with what he wrote and I didn't take exception to any of it. I got from the article the reason he mentioned Duke was that Louisville beat Duke in the Elite 8, preventing Duke from reaching the Final Four -- we were already in the Final Four and our reaching that stage had nothing to do with Louisville. The same goes for NC A&T that Louisville beat in the first round -- a 16 vs a 1. I don't think what the writer said could be classified as "elitist". He could have mentioned us, but we didn't have to go through Louisville to get to the Final Four -- we had to go through them to stay there, and we didn't do that. He mentioned Michigan once because they were the team Louisville beat in the Championship Game. I'm not sure the writer is the one with the "elitist" attitude here.

Comment

Working...
                                X