Louisville Punishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisville Punishment

Does Wichita State get a Final Four win?
    The status of Louisville's national title could also be at risk, as the NCAA ruled the school must vacate all basketball records in which student-athletes competed while ineligible from December 2010 and July 2014.

Louisville coach Rick Pitino received a five-game ACC suspension as part of discipline from the NCAA regarding a sex scandal that engulfed the program.

Originally posted by washedup View Post
    The status of Louisville's national title could also be at risk, as the NCAA ruled the school must vacate all basketball records in which student-athletes competed while ineligible from December 2010 and July 2014.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ive-games-ncaa
    No. But our loss would be removed. Also, sidenote, it would really piss me off. Louisville was the best team in the country that year, and they cheated to get there. WSU was a close 2nd by April. I had no doubt at the time that our F4 game was the de facto championship game.

Comment

seems like awfully light punishment... cleveland state is in shambles this morning.

rip tark

Comment

I say bring on Michigan for the title.

Comment

I say bring on Michigan for the title.
          #do-over

Somebody go find Malcolm Armstead. Start with the YMCAs, he has to be in one of those.

Comment

I can't wait to see a similar hammer dropped on UNC for their fake classes.

/sarcasm. NCAA sucks

Comment

How about "no classes university"?
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                How about "no classes university"?

I think the appropriate reference here would be the University of No Classes (UNC).

Comment

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ive-games-ncaa
                  Wow!
                  SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                  gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

Man...to this day I'm still pissed whenever I think of the BS Luke Hancock tie up call, and this just kind of makes remembering the game sting all over again with no possibility of having a crack against Michigan in the title game.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      No. But our loss would be removed. Also, sidenote, it would really piss me off. Louisville was the best team in the country that year, and they cheated to get there. WSU was a close 2nd by April. I had no doubt at the time that our F4 game was the de facto championship game.
                      As weird as it sounds, no, our loss would not be removed. We still wear that L.

But yeah, I will go to my grave believing that we would have beat Michigan.
                      78-65

Comment

Sleezeball Pitino throwing a fit about it. Disgusting.

Comment

Per Pat Forde on Twitter:

Chuck Smrt says vacated games would include 2013 championship game. School will appeal.

Vacating records from 2010-14 certainly encompasses the championship season of 2012-13. Need more clarity on what that entails.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                            Man...to this day I'm still pissed whenever I think of the BS Luke Hancock tie up call, and this just kind of makes remembering the game sting all over again with no possibility of having a crack against Michigan in the title game.
                            The peculiar calls in the last 8 minutes of that game even had KU fans I know bewildered. Number 44 knocks Baker down and pops him in the chops on the way. As we head to the commercial, the Commentator mentioned a possible flagrant foul. We come back to hear it was a double foul? What? Then #44 strikes again. We have an inbounds pass and Carl Hall jumps straight up to catch it. #44 goes up for it too and smashes into Carl Hall trying to catch the ball, knocks him back and down on his can, gets the ball, and passes ahead for the uncontested basket for them. No blood, no foul? WOW!!!!! Hmmm. I could go on but I will spare ya'll because the misery is too perplexing to bear. Even with all of that, the Shocks had a few break downs of their own or still could have won. Yes, Michigan was a very winnable game with the Shocker squad that year IMO.
                            Last edited by forevershockerfan; June 15, 2017, 12:26 PM.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by sdshox View Post
                              Per Pat Forde on Twitter:

Chuck Smrt says vacated games would include 2013 championship game. School will appeal.

Vacating records from 2010-14 certainly encompasses the championship season of 2012-13. Need more clarity on what that entails.
                              Wow
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                              X