New AHC Donnie Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
    247 shows Baylor, Arizona, KSU, Virginia, TCU, Creighton, and Vandy with interest.
    Davidson, Northwestern, and Miami have offered.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Could the mods at least consider copying this information over to the Miller Kopp thread? BTW, Dan, I believe you wre one of the first to tout him. He looks to be someone who is blowing up. Great catch.

I hope we get him. It would continue a long line of some very good players we've recruited from Houston.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        I like him, reminds me of a bigger Ron Baker. Plays high school ball at a small private school, probably didn't get much exposure until he started playing for the Defenders.
        There it is! Didn't take long for the seemingly obligatory Ron Baker comparison for any white guard with skill.

Comment

• Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
          There it is! Didn't take long for the seemingly obligatory Ron Baker comparison for any white guard with skill.
          I was thinking more in terms of size/strength, although maybe not the quickest guy on the court, decent handles too. Seems to have a good outside game but can also take it to the rack. He's bigger than Ron so he can get up over the rim a little better than Ron did.

Comment

• Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
            Dick move.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              Here are his other offers listed at verbalcommits.com:

Northwestern
              Texas-Arlington
              Incarnate Word
              Stephen F. Austin
              Youngstown State
              Murray State

Am I to get excited?

I mean I understand we have done very well in the "diamond in the rough" category, but they can't all be. This dude ain't even an across-the-board 2 star recruit. He'd be a solid "meh" for even Evansville, for goodness sakes.
              Regarding a question about who else was after him, can you guess who this Shocker is: "also considered Murray State, Middle Tennessee State, Morehead State, Northeastern and others."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                Regarding a question about who else was after him, can you guess who this Shocker is: "also considered Murray State, Middle Tennessee State, Morehead State, Northeastern and others."
                Reaves?
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  Reaves?
                  Nope. A proven Shocker.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    Nope. A proven Shocker.
                    I'd guess Cotton based on being in the South

Comment

I'd guess Cotton based on being in the South
                      Winner, winner, chicken dinner. We here on SN didn't even know who he was.

Comment

I was thinking more in terms of size/strength, although maybe not the quickest guy on the court, decent handles too. Seems to have a good outside game but can also take it to the rack. He's bigger than Ron so he can get up over the rim a little better than Ron did.
                        I was thinking Gordon Hayward.

Comment

• Well, SBT, he has a little more growing to do to catch up with Hayward. Wasn't Hayward also an outstanding tennis player before he shot up like a weed? So GH probably has some athleticism, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                            I was thinking Gordon Hayward.
                            Donnie Jones is similar to Gordon Hayward?
                            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                              Well, SBT, he has a little more growing to do to catch up with Hayward. Wasn't Hayward also an outstanding tennis player before he shot up like a weed? So GH probably has some athleticism, too.
                              How tall is Hayward? How tall is this kid? Is this kid closer to Baker in size than he is Hayward? You could be on to something there.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                                How tall is Hayward? How tall is this kid? Is this kid closer to Baker in size than he is Hayward? You could be on to something there.
                                Ron Baker was listed as 6-4 at WSU. 6-3 for the Knicks.

Gordon Hayward is listed at 6-8.

Miller Kopp is listed at 6-6 or 6-7 depending on the site.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X