Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What term (classification) would you prefer to choose to describe the AAC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What term (classification) would you prefer to choose to describe the AAC?

Because classification of universities and conferences play such an integral part in the descriptive process in print media and other broadcast media avenues, what term (classification) would you prefer to choose to describe the AAC?
    FBS
    1.09%
    Group of Five (G5)
    4.35%
    Major or High Major
    45.65%
    Power 6
    40.22%
    Other
    8.70%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by WuShock Reaper; April 10, 2017, 01:27 PM.

I'd start by referring to it as the AAC.

Comment

Mike Aresco: “AAC Working To Be A Power 6 Conference” - Sports Talk Florida

By James Williams
      October 21, 2016

I chose "Power 6" because that is what the conference is pushing for for both football and basketball to describe the entire AAC conference, and plus it is preemptive against the Big East using that label for their basketball conference.

Comment

Wichita State and a new bunch of also-rans.

Comment

P6 sounds sad and desperate.

Edit: Is Valley P13?
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
            P6 sounds sad and desperate.

Edit: Is Valley P13?
            Yep.

See our BIG EAST fans to the north.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Let's just call all of D-1 basketball the P31 so we can scrap the P31.

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I invented and trademarked P-31 a long time ago. Not many Creighton fans try the P-6 thing, it does sound sad and desperate. I think a Bluejay fan trolled here several months ago throwing out the P-6. But he was trolling. Shocker fans, don't do it!

It is P-5 and no more. Frankly, when the Big 12 media rights expire, it will become the P-4. Oklahoma, Texas and the boys will all scatter to the ACC, Pac, SEC and B1G. The Big 12 will cease to exist and the AAC will be the top non-P-4.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

"Wichita State addition moves AAC closer to Power 6, says conference head Mike Aresco" - Sports Illustrated

by Joan Niesen
                  04/10/17, 2:55pm

"Last week was a big one for the American Athletic Conference, which added Wichita State to its ranks on Friday, immediately boosting its basketball resume and bolstering its claims that it should be the sixth league in a “Power 6” conference tier. A day after the announcement, Sports Illustrated spoke with AAC commissioner Mike Aresco about the addition of the Shockers, which he termed a “win-win,” and the state of his conference...."

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                    I'd start by referring to it as the AAC.
                    I fixed the typo.
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                      I fixed the typo.
                      Thank you for fixing my "Stupid" error!

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                        I invented and trademarked P-31 a long time ago. Not many Creighton fans try the P-6 thing, it does sound sad and desperate. I think a Bluejay fan trolled here several months ago throwing out the P-6. But he was trolling. Shocker fans, don't do it!

It is P-5 and no more. Frankly, when the Big 12 media rights expire, it will become the P-4. Oklahoma, Texas and the boys will all scatter to the ACC, Pac, SEC and B1G. The Big 12 will cease to exist and the AAC will be the top non-P-4.
                        I dunno MVJ. I've perused the BJ board and I see it dropped a lot. Although not nearly as much as the BIG EAST board, where it's thrown in every other sentence.

Edit: For CAPS LOCK correction.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

All I know is if the rest of the AAC is trying to go around calling themselves P6, it is hardly us trying to pretend something ourselves. I've already seen where some AAC fans and even the commissioner himself is saying P6. Not much we can do about it to downplay it. It's what THEY want, and it's why they added us.

Comment

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              I dunno MVJ. I've perused the BJ board and I see it dropped a lot. Although not nearly as much as the BIG EAST board, where it's thrown in every other sentence.

Edit: For CAPS LOCK correction.
                              I don't go to either board. I don't hear it bantered at games. If they do talk P-6, it's stupid. I have only seen it here. Once. Never at the CenturyLink Center.

P-4, P-5, P-6 is a football reference, not basketball. The Big East doesn't play football, not a P-6. Wichita State doesn't play football, Wichita State, without football, joining the AAC doesn't make the AAC a P-6.

Frow Wikipedia:

I know the AAC wants to be a part of the P-6, they put stickers on their helmets, but that ship has sailed, there are five autoaualifier football conferences and the AAC is not one of them.
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                              X