2017-18 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
    I've always said this when they play each other. It pissed my Ku family and friends off when I mention they are playing the sunflower showdown for second place.
    Golfing against a KU and KjSU pair this morning. The KU guy marked my ball on the green with an ugly blue marker with KU on it -- it so unnerved me, I missed the putt badly.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
      Golfing against a KU and KjSU pair this morning. The KU guy marked my ball on the green with an ugly blue marker with KU on it -- it so unnerved me, I missed the putt badly.
      Next time make that putt and throw that ugly piece of s### in the pond. Lol
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
        Next time make that putt and throw that ugly piece of s### in the pond. Lol
        Great Bend lacks water! Otherwise good idea. Maybe the cow pasture?
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          Great Bend lacks water! Otherwise good idea. Maybe the cow pasture?
          Even better!!!
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Jon Rothstein's AAC Offseason Notebook: https://www.fanragsports.com/cbb/rot...ason-notebook/

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
              Jon Rothstein's AAC Offseason Notebook: https://www.fanragsports.com/cbb/rot...ason-notebook/
              A nice start to the article:

The addition of Wichita State completely changes The American’s perception from a national perspective — that alone adds some major cache. Add another top-15 team in Cincinnati and a slew of programs that have legitimate NCAA aspirations in UCF, SMU, UConn, Temple, and Houston, and you have some serious depth in a league that severely lacked it last season.
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Jon Rothstein's AAC Offseason Notebook: https://www.fanragsports.com/cbb/rot...ason-notebook/
                uh oh.. he picked landry shamet as his aac player of the year.

and.. temple won the conference two years ago? and now get their best player back from injury? temple will be tough, tough, tough. it's a good thing wichita state will be tough, tough, tough.

Comment

• Temple has a guy named Shizz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                    Temple has a guy named Shizz.
                    they always do. it's philadelphia.

Comment

• Just read Rothstein's article -- pretty cool for the Shocks. Oh, and no pressure or anything, Landry.

Comment

• Wow do I like this new conference.

Comment

Sounds like a tough and improved Conference to keep the Shocks on their toes and prepare us better than times past. Is our new Conference Tourney the week the Valley plays or the following week when the Big 12 plays?
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                            Sounds like a tough and improved Conference to keep the Shocks on their toes and prepare us better than times past. Is our new Conference Tourney the week the Valley plays or the following week when the Big 12 plays?
                            Same as the B12.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

GGG is up the task, as we all know!!!

Comment

The conference championship game will be played immediately prior to the selection show on CBS. Taking over the Big 10 time slot as they are moving their tournament up a week.

Comment

Working...
                                X