2017-18 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
    Can we still call that in-bounds play "Redbird" if we are no longer playing Illinois State?
    We're definitely not calling it "green wave"!

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
      Can we still call that in-bounds play "Redbird" if we are no longer playing Illinois State?
      Seeing as how it seems a good number of UConn fans are not in favor of sharing the conference standings with WSU, let's call it "Husky".

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        Seeing as how it seems a good number of UConn fans are not in favor of sharing the conference standings with WSU, let's call it "Husky".
        Not sure we will see that play again. Rare is the team as **** stupid as ISUr!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
          Hey we don't know that yet! lol I know some coaches and teams might get jealous with the new cowboys in town!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
            Yes.

That play was put in two years ago (suggestion by Asst. Coach Steve Forbes) to use against the ISUR defense when the ball is inbounded under the goal on our offensive side. It's been used 2 times and successful 2 times during those two years only against ISUR. That should tell you something.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
              From what little we saw of CJ it appeared, to me anyway, that if Austin were to redshirt WSU wouldn't miss a thing. Austin's minutes could easily be replaced by this guy being on the floor. He showed definite D1 ability, and then some.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NOQG0Nzuf4
              I don't think anyone questions that CJ has big-time D-1 ability, although his skills aren't the same as those Reaves brings to the table. So if he were to substitute for Austin in the 2017-18 version of this season's 10 man rotation, I agree that it might well not be worse, just a bit different. And we still haven't accounted for SHJ or Midtgaard.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                I don't think anyone questions that CJ has big-time D-1 ability, although his skills aren't the same as those Reaves brings to the table. So if he were to substitute for Austin in the 2017-18 version of this season's 10 man rotation, I agree that it might well not be worse, just a bit different. And we still haven't accounted for SHJ or Midtgaard.
                No doubt about it. CJ tries to out-athlete you. Austin tries to out-think you. A very interesting tandem and, hopefully, complimentary skill sets during their Shocker careers.

Comment

Hard to say either one is the better than the other. CJ brings high D1 skills to the table: quickness, keeps his head up (vision), decent off guard handles, 2 guard size (legit 6'4"), doesn't have a hitch in his jumper and gets it off quickly, decent ball handler. His biggest plus might be that GGG likes his DHas a pedigree as well.

His slow start last summer hurt his progress. A year or two down the road I don't see how he couldn't be a factor. You can tell I'm pretty geeked about this kid/team!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    No doubt about it. CJ tries to out-athlete you. Austin tries to out-think you. A very interesting tandem and, hopefully, complimentary skill sets during their Shocker careers.
                    So what you are saying is we should expect Austin to "out-think" the defense by drawing them into allowing CJ to "out-athlete" them to a back side #SCTop10 Alley Oop every time down the floor? I'm ok with that.

Comment

Nm
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        So what you are saying is we should expect Austin to "out-think" the defense by drawing them into allowing CJ to "out-athlete" them to a back side #SCTop10 Alley Oop every time down the floor? I'm ok with that.
                        Well maybe not every time down the floor. Austin will no doubt want to share the rock with other teammates.

Comment

He might be over the top. But can't help but like the guy...

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...84928401782048
                              So, we won't get Mitch and Mark anymore? That sucks. Mark is over the top, but he loves the Valley and WSU. Mitch has probably the greatest voice in broadcasting, except for the game this last season that he had laryngitis.
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...84928401782048
                                Yeah, he isn't my favorite color guy but I thought his facebook post was very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X