No announcement yet.

2017-2018 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for a current look at the state of the NCAA basketball tournament contract, here’s the lineup for the Selection Show channel today

Norbit, The Interview, Get Hard, NCAA Selection Show

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
      Just for a current look at the state of the NCAA basketball tournament contract, here’s the lineup for the Selection Show channel today

Norbit, The Interview, Get Hard, NCAA Selection Show
      lol
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• This site sucks at actually ranking teams but is decent at selecting the field overall (misses 1.5 per year). The last team in isn’t even considered to be on the bubble by any bracketologists. How great would it be if they got blindsided and left out?

Comment

• I will say this, you have to keep in mind that during halftime of the Cinci - Memphis game someone from the NCAA said they had already seeded through 8 lines. I know they keep scrubbing, but in the grand scheme of things WSU lost a competitive 1 possession game.

I know those of us as fans are gnashing our teeth over late game performance, but I doubt the committee is discussing minutiae that detailed.

Before the conference tournament it was said how difficult it would be to move up a seed line. Conversely, i think moving down very much will also be difficult. With teams like Auburn getting thrashed by Alabama I can't see how losing a toss up game is going to affect us that much. Especially after 8 sed lines had been set.
          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• I think Lunardi's most recent bracket has us at Dallas as a #4 playing Vermont and then the winner
            of Clemson and Loyola...........I hope he is spot on

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
              I think Lunardi's most recent bracket has us at Dallas as a #4 playing Vermont and then the winner
              of Clemson and Loyola...........I hope he is spot on
              Well Vermont is not making the tournament, so I imagine the bracket has not been updated.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

http://www.unf.edu/~jcoleman/dance.htm

This site sucks at actually ranking teams but is decent at selecting the field overall (misses 1.5 per year). The last team in isn’t even considered to be on the bubble by any bracketologists. How great would it be if they got blindsided and left out?
                If that happened, that would cancel out yesterday's heartbreak in a second.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

http://www.unf.edu/~jcoleman/dance.htm

This site sucks at actually ranking teams but is decent at selecting the field overall (misses 1.5 per year). The last team in isn’t even considered to be on the bubble by any bracketologists. How great would it be if they got blindsided and left out?
                  And with Davidson stealing a bid today...

Comment

• I forgot the Creighton AD is the chairman of the committee so it won’t happen, but I can dream for a few more hours.

Comment

• POP
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                        Early returns on the bracket matrix seem to average out to around 4.8

i still feel 5/6 is the question
                        Bracketmatrix is updated and WSU is the last 4 seed. So the collective wisdom of all of the bracketologists are in disagreement with you. Avg 4.35. But I am sure you knew that.

Comment

• Jamar Howard 4 President
                          Jamar Howard 4 President commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The first handful of brackets to come out had a lot of 5s. Yes, now that most brackets are current, the avg is a bit lower.

And yes, I know the majority are debating 4/5 and I’m debating 5/6. I’m admittedly a little more pessimistic on WSU than the avg.

What’s your point?

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

Bracketmatrix is updated and WSU is the last 4 seed. So the collective wisdom of all of the bracketologists are in disagreement with you. Avg 4.35. But I am sure you knew that.
                        You weren't just debating 5/6, you had some pretty unequivocal statements about WSU not having a #4 seed resume, but you are in a VAST minority. That's my point. Nothing less nothing more.

Comment

• Jamar Howard 4 President
                          Jamar Howard 4 President commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Is this what has you up in arms?

Given all that has happened around the Shox the past 48 hrs, I simply can’t see a way WSU ends up in the top 16 for a 4 seed.

• Lunardi and Palm has WSU as #4

Comment

• Maybe it’s already been asked, but will WSU only play the Fri/Sun sites since they host on Thurs/Sat?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
                            Maybe it’s already been asked, but will WSU only play the Fri/Sun sites since they host on Thurs/Sat?
                            I don't think there is any such rule. I have seen their projection at both Dallas or Boise. Boise is Friday/sunday and Dallas is thurs/sat

Comment

Working...
                          X