No announcement yet.

2017-2018 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is Cincy uncatchable if we win AAC tourney?

Comment

• Jamar Howard 4 President
      Jamar Howard 4 President commented
      Editing a comment
      They are that far ahead through 31 games. Them losing in the semis and WSU winning it all doesn't overcome the fact they won the regular season by 2 games and will have better computer numbers regardless of what plays out.

• So UCF/Houston game is an interesting one for our resume and I'm not sure what we want. A UCF loss likely keeps them q2/3 road/home split(there's a small chance depending on action around them they manage top 75 but it's pretty slim), a win easily bumps them up to q1/2. So assuming we were to beat either opponent, a UCF win nets us a q1 win through upgrade and a q2 for the tourney game, a Houston only gets us the q1 for the tourney game, but the Houston win is much more impressive if the committee pays attention to the details.

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
      ShockdaWorld commented
      Editing a comment
      They only pay attention to the details if it fits their narrative when it comes to making excuses for their bad decisions.

• I'm not worried about projecting RPIs, quadrants, and the like -- I just want UCF to beat Houston because I think that result will greatly improve WSU's chance to win the tourney.

Comment

• WSU as a 4 seed just seems like the overwhelmingly most likely outcome right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
        WSU as a 4 seed just seems like the overwhelmingly most likely outcome right now.
        So that means we're going to Boise.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Nice, but not satisfied. I want two more wins.

Comment

• Something tells me our seed line has now been determined and cemented by the committee.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you think Cincy is a 3 right now? If so, we could take it away.

• ShockerPrez
              ShockerPrez commented
              Editing a comment
              I think that since our rubber match will be too late and close to the release of the brackets, the committee has just made the decision on where we will end up.

I don't really believe they keep updating up to the last minute. Its too much of a task. I think they have enough data on cincy and WSU. Our wins today were all they wanted. The more I think about it, the more I think they are past us and looking at bubble teams and destinations.

Editing a comment
              ShockTalk, I would be flabbergasted if WSU passes Cincy under any scenario.

• Cincy might end up a 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
              Cincy might end up a 2.
              And us a 3....but unfortunately the P-5 grabs all those spots. Damn favoritism....
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Not only did other teams not help us by moving to Q1 this week, we actually had 2 move out of Q1. Rough week

Comment

• Updated through Friday's games.

If WSU wins the AAC Tourney (assuming wins over Houston and Cincy)…

Uncatchable (9)
                  Virginia, Villanova, Xavier, Kansas, Duke, Michigan State, Purdue, Cincy, North Carolina

WSU Needs Help to Catch (2)
                  Tennessee (Uncatchable with win today)
                  West Virginia (Uncatchable with win today)

Could Go Either Way (4)
                  Texas Tech
                  Auburn
                  Michigan
                  Arizona (No idea how committee will treat injuries & scandals.)

Too Close For Comfort (5)
                  Clemson
                  Gonzaga
                  Kentucky (Probably wouldn't catch the Shox, but today we root strongly for Alabama)
                  Ohio State (I'd be really surprised, but still, worried until I see the Committee's results)
                  Arkansas (Only would be slightly concerned if they win 2 more)

A 2 seed is impossible
                  A 3 seed is a long shot and requires winning the AAC Tourney
                  A 4 seed is very possible regardless of the next 48 hours
                  A 5 seed would be my guess if WSU loses today
                  A 6 seed is the absolute floor, and only possible with a loss today and other bad stuff happening (like Arkansas AND Kentucky both winning today)

Comment

Updated through Friday's games.

If WSU wins the AAC Tourney (assuming wins over Houston and Cincy)…

Uncatchable (9)
                    Virginia, Villanova, Xavier, Kansas, Duke, Michigan State, Purdue, Cincy, North Carolina

WSU Needs Help to Catch (2)
                    Tennessee (Uncatchable with win today)
                    West Virginia (Uncatchable with win today)

Could Go Either Way (4)
                    Texas Tech
                    Auburn
                    Michigan
                    Arizona (No idea how committee will treat injuries & scandals.)

Too Close For Comfort (5)
                    Clemson
                    Gonzaga
                    Kentucky (Probably wouldn't catch the Shox, but today we root strongly for Alabama)
                    Ohio State (I'd be really surprised, but still, worried until I see the Committee's results)
                    Arkansas (Only would be slightly concerned if they win 2 more)

A 2 seed is impossible
                    A 3 seed is a long shot and requires winning the AAC Tourney
                    A 4 seed is very possible regardless of the next 48 hours
                    A 5 seed would be my guess if WSU loses today
                    A 6 seed is the absolute floor, and only possible with a loss today and other bad stuff happening (like Arkansas AND Kentucky both winning today)
                    OK. I agree. Those 1 and 2 point losses were killers. We had one 3 point win and two 4 point wins. On the other side, out of our 6 total losses, we had one 2 point loss (Temple) and two 1 point losses with 2 of those 3 games in hand at one time. Win at Temple, RPI goes to an 8. Also hold on to win against ND, RPI goes to a 6. Win either of those and we're probably sitting at a top 3 seed right now. Win both and a 2 could have been ours' with a win over Cincy.

Comment

• Early returns on the bracket matrix seem to average out to around 4.8

i still feel 5/6 is the question

Comment

• five at Dallas

Comment

Early returns on the bracket matrix seem to average out to around 4.8

i still feel 5/6 is the question
                          I hope, for the first time in your life, that you're wrong.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Editing a comment
                            Like when I predicted 6 bids for the MVC in 2006?

Editing a comment
                            But hey, I’m just a pessimistic guy who is never wrong, eh?

• Kung Wu
                            Kung Wu commented
                            Editing a comment
                            No, more like your Trump predictions.
                        Working...
                        X