Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Bracketology -Joe Lunardi

Posted: 02/12/18

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

#2 Cincinnati vs #15 Rider in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

#6 Wichita State vs. #11 UCLA/#11 Kansas State in Dallas, Texas

#7 Alabama vs #10 Houston in Charlotte, North Carolina

First Four Out
    Temple

Comment

• FadedCrown
      FadedCrown commented
      Editing a comment
      Dallas, nice.

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
    ESPN Bracketology -Joe Lunardi

Posted: 02/12/18

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

#2 Cincinnati vs #15 Rider in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

#6 Wichita State vs. #11 UCLA/#11 Kansas State in Dallas, Texas

#7 Alabama vs #10 Houston in Charlotte, North Carolina

First Four Out
    Temple
    Palm has (according to 810 WHB) #6 WSU vs #11 Middle Tennessee.

Comment

• WSU up to 6.23 on the Bracket Matrix this morning.
      Kentucky is right ahead at 6.16, and about 10-15% of the contributors haven't yet updated to include UK's loss on Saturday.

Nice to see brackets lining up fairly evenly with poll rankings. The two should never, and are never, perfectly aligned for anyone, but the days of WSU being ranked #10 and getting a 10 seed seem to be behind us.

Comment

• I would like to see a WSU vs KSTATE game in the dance that way we could be crowned king of basketball in the state of KS. I just don't understand why they are afraid to play us. I think that only KSTATE are willing to do it.

Comment

• Jamar Howard 4 President
          Jamar Howard 4 President commented
          Editing a comment
          10 vs 1. That's WSU's NCAA wins vs KSU's over the last 5 years.

KState gets the bronze in the state of Kansas, and it isn't even close.

• Until we actually see a change from years past where the selection committee has played games with us, I'm going with the old standby - Screwed Again.

Comment

• I think 6 seed for us is about right as of now. If we can beat cinci twice then maybe we can get up to a 4
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Warren Nolan shows us with 2 tier 1 wins this morning. UH has moved up to #30 in rpi and Baylor is in the 60s. http://warrennolan.com/basketball/20.../Wichita-State

Comment

• The Athletic has WSU headed to Nashville to face 10 Butler and then 2 Auburn. https://theathletic.com/239176/2018/...ichigan-state/

At this point I don't agree with the Shockers being seeded below Kentucky, Arizona State or Seton Hall.

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Wu View Post
                I would like to see a WSU vs KSTATE game in the dance that way we could be crowned king of basketball in the state of KS. I just don't understand why they are afraid to play us. I think that only KSTATE are willing to do it.
                why would we give a game to KState? We have nothing to gain. Maybe if they agree to 2 games at Koch, 1 neutral, we might consider it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                  The Athletic has WSU headed to Nashville to face 10 Butler and then 2 Auburn. https://theathletic.com/239176/2018/...ichigan-state/

At this point I don't agree with the Shockers being seeded below Kentucky, Arizona State or Seton Hall.
                  It’s a Seth Davis involved website. That says it all.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    why would we give a game to KState? We have nothing to gain. Maybe if they agree to 2 games at Koch, 1 neutral, we might consider it.
                    Agreed. KState is a distant 3rd in the state’s pecking order. They need us more than we need them.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Yes i really don't understand why they do not want to play us in Non Conference. It has always been the NCAA tourney. What are they afraid of. Is it because shockers will make it a home game at KU and KState. We will show up in numbers for sure and will bring lots and lots of revenue to these games. A 1 and 1 would be nice. They just think they are above us. Well guess what. They are very wrong. And that's why i hate KU. Not to much hate for KState though.

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Wu View Post
                        Yes i really don't understand why they do not want to play us in Non Conference. It has always been the NCAA tourney. What are they afraid of. Is it because shockers will make it a home game at KU and KState. We will show up in numbers for sure and will bring lots and lots of revenue to these games. A 1 and 1 would be nice. They just think they are above us. Well guess what. They are very wrong. And that's why i hate KU. Not to much hate for KState though.
                        Let it go, we are above wanting or needing to play them. We will get our chances in the tourney.

Comment

• Jamar Howard 4 President
                          Jamar Howard 4 President commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I am not above "wanting" to play them, nor do I feel bad about it. It would be entertaining for fans and good for WSU. I want it to happen, period.

• I admit that this is based on feel and not metrics, but I think if we win the rest and split with Cincy, we should be no worse than 5. And that, to me would be a borderline screw job. 3 seed is attainable with 2 wins vs Cincy.

If we split with Cincy and drop another to non Cincy, I will accept a 6 seed.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I don't want to be greedy...and I just hope the team can simply take things one game at a time...but what seed would be deserved with a 28-5 record that includes THREE wins against Cincinnati?
                        78-65

Comment

Working...
                      X