• 5 seed lines for 2 Top 50 losses lol.

Palm is so predictable.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Joe Lunardi, ESPN

Updated: 01/22/18

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Wichita State #5-Seed vs. #12-Seed Lousiana in Boise, Idaho.

Cincinnati #4-Seed vs. #13-Seed South Dakota State in Boise, Idaho.

SMU #11-Seed (Last 4 in, first Dayton, then if win, on to Dallas) vs. #11-Seed Syracuse

Houston #12-Seed (Last 4 in, first Dayton, then if win, on to San Diego) vs. #12-Seed Boise State

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
        Joe Lunardi, ESPN

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

SMU #11-Seed (Last 4 in, first Dayton, then if win, on to Dallas) vs. #11-Seed Syracuse

Houston #12-Seed (Last 4 in, first Dayton, then if win, on to San Diego) vs. #12-Seed Boise State

You are welcome SMU & Houston.....
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• those losses by us were actually good for the conference. We're not used to seeing this type of effect in the Valley

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
            Joe Lunardi, ESPN

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology

I was told that we are a borderline NCAA team with a 12 seed resume.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I was told that we are a borderline NCAA team with a 12 seed resume.
              You were told that if we keep playing like we did last month, we'll end up between 9-11. Not that we were there today, before playing Cincinnati, UCF, @SMU, @Temple or the entire the AAC tournament. Most of our tough, seed determining games lie in the next month and a half and we either improve or lose a bunch of those games.

Comment

• ESPN Bracket has us as a number 5. Which if we end up a 5-10 seed will be OK for us.

Comment

• Palm has moved the Shockers to a 6-seed (up from 7), facing winner of K-State/Virginia Tech play-in game in Detroit. https://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...tology/bracket

Lunardi keeps the Shockers as a 5-seed, but remain 17th on the S-curve. Facing New Mexico State in Boise. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology

Comment

• The Athletic released their first-ever Bracket Watch today. https://theathletic.com/215684/2018/...-overall-seed/

WSU (7-seed) playing Providence in Charlotte.
                    Cincinnati (4-seed) playing Loyola in Boise.
                    SMU (11-seed) playing Creighton in Wichita.
                    Houston (11-seed) playing TCU in Dallas.

Comment

• A 7 seed? lol ok

Not surprising considering this is Seth Davis’s turf.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• we need smu and UH to beat Cincy. This will firm up conference bids and put us back in the race for 1st place. We keep winning and the seed line will take care of itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          we need smu and UH to beat Cincy. This will firm up conference bids and put us back in the race for 1st place. We keep winning and the seed line will take care of itself.
                          Really? You think? I'm in the camp that wants Houston to MAYBE beat Cinci once to get them into the tourney, but overall I want Cinci to win as many games as possible so that when we beat them twice, it looks as good as possible.

Comment

• SHOCKvalue
                            SHOCKvalue commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Winning both home and away with Cincy seems pretty optimistic.

• Dan
                            Dan commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I don't think its realistic, just said best case scenario for our seed.

• WichitaStateGuy
                            WichitaStateGuy commented
                            Editing a comment
                            All great points, gents!

• It is easy to forget, as we root for Cincy, that they are competing with WSU on the S-Curve. As long as they are ahead of WSU, as they are currently, I'm rooting against them.

I've given up rooting that WSU will pass folks like Villanova, Virginia , or Purdue, but I'm rooting against pretty much anyone currently ranked between 10-30. These teams are the true competition for the Shox.

(Yes, I know Cincy is #8 in the polls, but most bracketologists don't have them quite that high, and also, WSU has a unique opportunity to catch them since they have 2-3 games head to head.)

Comment

• FadedCrown
                            FadedCrown commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Now what would be a nice touch on our resume is if our Home win versus Houston becomes Q1. They need an RPI of 30+. They have a 48 right now, with a projected RPI of 39 if they win all games except for 2 games versus Cincy, and a road game versus SMU. Let's hope they win that game versus SMU (or steal a Cincy game), so they get in the Top 30.

• agree Jamar, I'm rooting for Houston tonight. Makes our loss to them better and gets us a step closer to catching Cincy.

Comment

Working...
                          X