2017-2018 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    Remember when we were still in the Valley and Creighton didn't want to play any of us after they left? We're doing the same thing and probably for the same reasons.
    WSU was good at the time Creighton left. WSU vs Creighton was a rivalry worth continuing. Beyond that, I don't blame Creighton too much for showing little interest in the other schools.

Who in the current MVC is good? There isn't a single team in that league that has managed top 100 finishes in KenPom each of the last 2 years. I'm all for finding interesting non-con games, and former MVC opponents would, IMO, fit that bill, but at some point, WSU needs quality competition. It seems Valley teams are all too up and down to count on any of them being very good 1-2 years from now.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
      Remember when we were still in the Valley and Creighton didn't want to play any of us after they left? We're doing the same thing and probably for the same reasons.
      Completely different. I believe the discussion here is regarding the NCAA tournament. If Creighton didn't want to get matched up with us the in the tournament, I don't blame them. We'd whup their ass. As someone else mentioned, the familiarity Valley teams still have for our system gives them an advantage most teams would not, so I'd rather avoid them in the tournament for the next few years or so.

As for the regular season--which is not the discussion here but I'll address it anyway--we've routinely and consistently had strong RPIs since Creighton left. I believe the highest was the undefeated team which was top 10-15, and the lowest was two years ago or so when it was in the 30s. Creighton has no excuse (other than they don't want to lose). I don't want to play most Valley teams because their RPIs are atrocious--there are some exceptions and I would be OK playing them.
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• BRACKSKETBLOGS

SEEDING PREDICTIONS
        January 8, 2018

10th most accurate bracket prediction site over the past 5 seasons (according to bracketmatrix)

1 Seed: Villanova, West Virginia, Wichita State, Purdue
        2 Seed: Michigan State, Cincinnati, Duke, Oklahoma
        3 Seed: Virginia, Arizona State, TCU, Xavier
        4 Seed: Arizona, Seton Hall, Texas Tech, Kentucky

Comment

• Eric
          Eric commented
          Editing a comment
          Where the hell is flagship?

• Rocky Mountain Shock
          Rocky Mountain Shock commented
          Editing a comment
          KU's too busy shredding car titles and other documents to play good basketball this year

• Lunardi has Wichita in Dallas vs .... Drake!

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• Can someone put together what our seed line would look like this year with our OC schedule but substitute Mo valley teams for our conference schedule. Figure winning all but one or two of the conference games.

Comment

• proshox
            proshox commented
            Editing a comment
            Someone at Harvard or MIT did the analysis... I think they projected at least a 3 seed delta

• Jamar Howard 4 President
            Jamar Howard 4 President commented
            Editing a comment
            Figure same record in each conference? I'd say 1 loss in the MVC is about equivalent to 2-3 losses in the American.

• https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba.../bracketology/

2 in latest Palm bracketology

Comment

• Jerry Palm must of had surgery,his head is not up his ass...it must have been painful to put us as a 2 though.
            I like basketball,cuz if i wasnt for Basketball,i wouldnt be playin Basketball today

Comment

• pogo
              pogo commented
              Editing a comment
              Not so fast he has Arizona as a 5 seed in the east and Cincinnati as a 5 seed in the west which is also our bracket.. If you gave any thought to where a team should go why send one team in the west east and a team more east to the west. No I think his head is still up and locked.

• Originally posted by WUwolf View Post
            Jerry Palm must of had surgery,his head is not up his ass...it must have been painful to put us as a 2 though.
            Lol, but now that we are not in the RPI sinkhole called the Valley, we actually have a decent looking resume.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
              Can someone put together what our seed line would look like this year with our OC schedule but substitute Mo valley teams for our conference schedule. Figure winning all but one or two of the conference games.
              Rpiforecast.com only lets you change 5 games.

1. AAC with 3 losses, all on the road to Cincy, SMU, and Houston. 25-5, SOS 41, RPI 5.

2. Replaced both Cincy games, and 3 other away games against SMU, Houston, and UCF with H/H with UNI and Valpo, and an away game against Evansville. All middle RPI of the Valley. Have only 1 loss to Temple away. 27-3, SOS 76, RPI 11.

3. Same as option 2, but added loss to UCF at home. 26-4, SOS 76, RPI 14.

Being able to change more teams to the Valley would have a worse effect, but remember that the bottom 2 games in the Valley are much higher than the bottom 2 games in the AAC.

Edit: 4. Added loss to SMU at home. 25-5, SOS 76, RPI 24

Note: Something must be a little gimmicky with their Wizard, because they currently have us projected with 3 losses in conference and at #8 RPI, not #5. I assume that is because of the odds of not losing the 3 toughest games and losing 1 or more lesser conference games.
              Last edited by ShockTalk; January 12, 2018, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• The 2018 Bracket Matrix

Bracketmatrix 11/10 11/23 12/1 12/9 12/16 12/24 1/1 1/6 1/8 1/12
                Seed 1 6 3 1 6 1 1
                Seed 2 27 8 10 12 14 7 8 7 9 17
                Seed 3 10 4 10 10 5 10 8 12 19 27
                Seed 4 2 2 4 4 13 16 15 15
                Seed 5 2 1 1 1 1 6 10 15 12 11
                Seed 6 1 4 3
                Seed 7 1 1 3 1 1
                Seed 8 1 1
                Seed 9 1 1 2 1
                Not Rated 1
                Totals 48 16 25 24 31 32 46 54 58 72
                Seed 1 13% 19% 4% 19% 0% 0% 0% 2% 1%
                Seed 2 56% 50% 40% 50% 45% 22% 17% 13% 16% 24%
                Seed 3 21% 25% 40% 42% 16% 31% 17% 22% 33% 38%
                Seed 4 4% 8% 13% 13% 28% 30% 26% 21%
                Seed 5 4% 6% 4% 4% 3% 19% 22% 28% 21% 15%
                Seed 6 3% 9% 6%
                Seed 7 4% 4% 9% 2% 2%
                Seed 8 2% 1%
                Seed 9 3% 3% 4% 2%
                Not Rated 2%
                Totals 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100%
                Overall 2 Seed 2 Seed 2 Seed 2 Seed 2 Seed 4-Seed 4-Seed 4-Seed 4-Seed 3-Seed
                Average 2.30 1.81 2.84 2.75 2.55 3.94 4.15 4.00 3.64 3.34

Comment

• Lunardi's latest bracket is out. Still a #2 seed playing Drake in Dallas with Miami and Missouri

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• CBS Bracketology

Real time updates by CBS College Hoops expert Jerry Palm on NCAA March Madness Bracket Projections

CBS Sports is helping you get ready for March Madness with the latest news, picks, and predictions for the 2024 NCAA Basketball Tournament Bracket.

#2 Seed - Wichita State vs. CSU Fullerton in the West Region

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post

WSU was good at the time Creighton left. WSU vs Creighton was a rivalry worth continuing. Beyond that, I don't blame Creighton too much for showing little interest in the other schools.

Who in the current MVC is good? There isn't a single team in that league that has managed top 100 finishes in KenPom each of the last 2 years. I'm all for finding interesting non-con games, and former MVC opponents would, IMO, fit that bill, but at some point, WSU needs quality competition. It seems Valley teams are all too up and down to count on any of them being very good 1-2 years from now.
                      Most Creighton fans would like a new home/home with WSU. I think it will eventually happen, or at least a game at Sprint.

Comment

• Lunardi update...

3 seed in Midwest.

Starts in Dallas with Wright State. Winner gets Gonzaga/Boise State.

KU 2. Purdue 1.

I would take that bracket right now with zero complaints.
                        78-65

Comment

• FadedCrown
                          FadedCrown commented
                          Editing a comment
                          WuShock16 Your comment should offend me, but it doesn't

• WSUwatcher
                          WSUwatcher commented
                          Editing a comment
                          By the way, #3 (assuming it beats #14) faces the winner of #6 vs. #11, Doc and WuShock. I personally think that's a good place to be in the bracket, and I really don't care whether WSU ends up #3 -- which will obviously require some righting of the ship at this point -- or #6. Either is fine with me, and of course we've seen that even a spot in the 7-10 or the dreaded 8-9 game is not necessarily the kiss of death for WSU.

• WuShock16
                          WuShock16 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Watcher, reread Doc’s comment. I think he meant exactly what he said.

• CBS Sports is helping you get ready for March Madness with the latest news, picks, and predictions for the 2024 NCAA Basketball Tournament Bracket.

Down to 7 in Palm's latest, playing Georgia.

Comment

• shocks02
                          shocks02 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          7 in Palm means we'll be 5-seed with everyone else.
                      Working...
                      X