No announcement yet.

2017-2018 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"NCAA tournament preseason bracketology: Projecting the field of 68 ... in November" - USA TODAY Sports

byShelby Mast and Scott Gleeson
    Published 9:20 a.m. ET Nov. 6, 2017

preseason-bracket-18.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
      "NCAA tournament preseason bracketology: Projecting the field of 68 ... in November" - USA TODAY Sports

byShelby Mast and Scott Gleeson
      Published 9:20 a.m. ET Nov. 6, 2017

preseason-bracket-18.jpg
      That's just an abysmally constructed bracket.

So, could be pretty accurate.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        It's mainly just designed-- at least as related to the South -- to pair Kentucky and WSU again.

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

That's just an abysmally constructed bracket.

So, could be pretty accurate.
      Wait, we play FGCU so can that matchup happen?

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

Wait, we play FGCU so can that matchup happen?
        And we also play Baylor, which could potentially be our 2nd round opponent. Based on past experience of B12 teams, though, they will go down in a fiery blaze, so we would play Indiana instead.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post

And we also play Baylor, which could potentially be our 2nd round opponent. Based on past experience of B12 teams, though, they will go down in a fiery blaze, so we would play Indiana instead.
          Is that even allowed?

Comment

I THINK we could play Baylor in the second round since we only play them once. I think teams that play each other twice can't meet until the Sweet 16, and teams that play each other three times can't meet until the Elite 8.

As for Florida Gulf Coast, no, we could not play them, but I think that the person putting this bracket together didn't want to take the time to explore every single possible conflict with the bracket pairing rules...and I don't really blame them. I wouldn't read too much into it.
            78-65

Comment

Interesting bracket. They have us playing a team we will have already played in the regular season FGCU. And potentially playing another team we will play in the regular season in Baylor...so basically 2 rematches...and then of course the annual Kentucky stop-gate.

Also...is Louisville allowed for post-season??? And if so...how???
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                See: Carolina, North

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                  The NCAA hasn't punished anyone implicated if the recruiting scandal yet. I would be surprised to see anything happen before next year, if they even bother to do anything at all.

Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

"Arizona, Duke headline preseason bracket" - NBC Sports

By Dave Omme
                    Nov 6, 2017, 9:18 AM EST

Find all the latest college basketball news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

"We have to start somewhere, so why not at the top?..."

NBC Bracket.JPG

Comment

"Giant Killers: Introducing this year's batch of teams that could cause trouble" - ESPN

John Gasaway, ESPN Insider
                      Posted: 11/07/17, 7:38 AM CT

UCF's 7-6 center Tacko Fall is a big reason why the Knights could join teams like Charleston and San Diego State -- and a good part of the Ivy League -- as Giant Killers in this season's tournament. Yes, it's never too early to prepare for March Madness.

"Welcome to the first installment of Giant Killers (GK) for 2017-18. This hardy ESPN perennial alerts you to teams that, come March, are purpose-built to upset a "Giant" that is seeded at least five lines higher than the "Killer."

Bear in mind that some of the greatest Giant Killers of recent years have in fact been major-conference teams. (No. 10 seed Syracuse in the 2016 tournament certainly comes to mind.) However, I want to take a first cut at spotlighting the serious GK potential that, as always, lurks just outside the six major conferences.

Let me state at the top that if Wichita State is again seeded low enough to qualify as a Giant Killer, the men's basketball committee will (again) have some serious and possibly even extinction-level-event explaining to do. That being said, these are your preseason non-major Giant Killers for 2017-18...."

I dont have access to the complete article, but UCF and Charleston are on his list of GK's.

Comment

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Lunardi just released his first bracketology since the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                          http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology

We cannot play SMU in the 2nd round?? Why are these things so wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                            http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology

Surprised Lunardi made the mistake of putting us and SMU in the same pod. We can't play a conference mate until the Sweet 16. Otherwise, I'd take that bracket.
                            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

Surprised Lunardi made the mistake of putting us and SMU in the same pod. We can't play a conference mate until the Sweet 16. Otherwise, I'd take that bracket.
                              Yeah he is usually pretty alert on things like that

Comment

Working...
                              X