No announcement yet.

2017-2018 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems to me that if more emphasis is put on the quality of the opponent you play on the road, then Wichita State got out of the Valley just in time. This is going to help the P5 schools and other schools that play quality opponents on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
      This is going to help the P5 schools and other schools that play quality opponents on the road.
      It'll never change.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
        It seems to me that if more emphasis is put on the quality of the opponent you play on the road, then Wichita State got out of the Valley just in time. This is going to help the P5 schools and other schools that play quality opponents on the road.
        It'll suck for Syracuse.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
          It'll suck for Syracuse.
          Nah -- they can change the criteria, the metrics, whatever you want to talk about until the cows come home, and nothing will ever suck enough for Syracuse to keep Boeheim out of the tournament. And since he'll be coaching through periodic suspensions until he's about 100, Syracuse will be in there as long as we're paying attention.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
            Nah -- they can change the criteria, the metrics, whatever you want to talk about until the cows come home, and nothing will ever suck enough for Syracuse to keep Boeheim out of the tournament. And since he'll be coaching through periodic suspensions until he's about 100, Syracuse will be in there as long as we're paying attention.
            I am all for railing on Syracuse, but I believe that they were kept out last year, so it's not like they always get the benefit of the doubt.
            78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
              I am all for railing on Syracuse, but I believe that they were kept out last year, so it's not like they always get the benefit of the doubt.
              They were left out last year.

They do always receive the benefit of the doubt. There was no doubt they did not deserve to be a tournament team last year. And they STILL almost got in.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                They were left out last year.

They do always receive the benefit of the doubt. There was no doubt they did not deserve to be a tournament team last year. And they STILL almost got in.
                84th in the RPI and Boeheim felt like they got screwed. That is a sense of entitlement only possible from the NCAA slobbering all over him for decades.

Comment

Jerry Palm released his first 2017-2018 bracketology today. https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...-july-madness/

Comment

Wonder how many seed lines Facepalm elevated the Shocks solely as a result of their switch to the American?

I don't remember, and have better things to do than look it up -- did he think WSU even deserved to be seeded as high as tenth last March?

Comment

I'd take that bracket in a heartbeat. No Kentucky for once and a payback to the Spartans would be nice!
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

The guy who swore WSU didn't deserve an at large last year has Illinois State as a 9 this year.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                          Wonder how many seed lines Facepalm elevated the Shocks solely as a result of their switch to the American?

I don't remember, and have better things to do than look it up -- did he think WSU even deserved to be seeded as high as tenth last March?
                          The asshat didn't think we deserved an at-large. He thought we had to win conference tourney. It's all about the conference move, ridiculous.

Comment

He's pretty bad.
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              The guy who swore WSU didn't deserve an at large last year has Illinois State as a 9 this year.
                              Which is interesting giving there will likely be no opportunities for top 100 wins in the valley for whoever is in first.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                Which solidly backs up the notion that Palm is a troll. ISU isn't even a favorite to win the conference this year, based on the predictions I've seen.

Comment

Working...
                                X