Landry = The Real Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landry = The Real Deal

I know he's only played PG for half a season, but man does he look impressive!

He had his "freshman moments", but I can't wait to see what a full offseason as the main guy, does for his development!

We could very well be looking at the next player in WSU's NBA pipeline (sans McDuffie, of course)!
    The Assman

Landy looks far more NBA ready to me than Markis does.

Comment

Hot take: HCGM is maybe the best developer of guards in the history of college basketball. Name another guy that more consistently produced guards that could compete at such a high level nationally. If you can do that (which would be hard in and of itself), see how many of those coaches did it with the same level of recruit that HCGM has used.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        True, but he's older and I am hoping they both stay for four years!
        The Assman

Comment

I know we all like to laugh at Mark Adams, but during the Missouri State game this year, he kept referring to Landry as a "sit down and shut up" type of player. He's right. Landry has shown that he has a killer instinct that most of us had no idea about.

Landry was the best player on the floor yesterday.

Comment

I have a friend and co-worker who is very knowledgeable and watches a lot of NCAA and NBA basketball. He just remarked to me a few minutes ago that, based entirely on his skills, he wouldn't be surprised to see Shamet go after next year. I can't really disagree with him. As a 6'4" PG he has the size to be very attractive to NBA teams.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              I have a friend and co-worker who is very knowledgeable and watches a lot of NCAA and NBA basketball. He just remarked to me a few minutes ago that, based entirely on his skills, he wouldn't be surprised to see Shamet go after next year. I can't really disagree with him. As a 6'4" PG he has the size to be very attractive to NBA teams.
              Cut down the nets and declare for the draft; I can live with that.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I'm just glad we were able to sneak another NBA guy out of the Flagship's backyard.

Ouchies.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                  I know we all like to laugh at Mark Adams, but during the Missouri State game this year, he kept referring to Landry as a "sit down and shut up" type of player. He's right. Landry has shown that he has a killer instinct that most of us had no idea about.

I kept hearing Adams in my head yesterday afternoon, especially during that last 7:25!

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post

I'm pretty sure he said that about Dequon Miller too, which makes it look a little bit less important.

Comment

As much as I hate the idea of Landry leaving early, I can't help but think how much that would help recruiting. Guys will see him going as a lottery pick and realize that coming to Wichita State doesn't necessarily mean you have to stay 4 years and doesn't mean you can't become a lottery pick.

Comment

Landry has the killer instinct of Kobe. Seriously, those shots in the last minutes were rediculous...
                        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

New face of the program going forward

Comment

I think Zach Brown is owed some huge credit too. For someone who had been struggling with shooting to hit those huge shots against Dayton and Kentucky as impressive. Add his lock down defense and without him I'm not sure where those games end.

Comment

To be lottery ready, he needs to gain weight and strength to finish more often around the rim. He could have made a lot of 3 point layups with some strength. He'll be here for two more years in my opinion. But he is a natural point guard with some of Fred's personality traits (patience, and leadership, etc.) and his 6'4.5" height and reach. Fred may be a little more fiery and competitive.

Comment

Working...
                              X