Dayton Message Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
    Hell - I think a promotion / relegation system could improve D1 basketball.

Top 100, 101 thru 200, 201+

Teams would play themselves in and out of the championship pool on a yearly basis.
    Bingo.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyer Visitor View Post
      In full disclosure mode, our Rollo - self-appointed King of the Flyer Nation - is a high school ref. He knows first hand how games are called can impact the results.

And I disagree with one point. I think we can run on you guys. What impacts that is our defensive rebounding. Can we get enough opportunities to run?
      I agree somewhat with this. An excellent defensive rebounding team vs an excellent offensive rebounding team. A lotta "want to" deciding things.

WSU hits the o-boards hard, and because of that, is susceptible to allowing break opportunities. Of course, WSU is the 4th best 3 point shooting team in the country, and one of the best offensive rebounding teams in the country, so a few things have to go right for UD to get run out opportunities, much less capitalize on those opportunities.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        We've beaten a lot of "senior-laden" teams this season. Not sure that is a relevant data point whatsoever.
        MVC championship game.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Rollo View Post
          Is ShockRef your King?

Shocker nation knows no king but the King in the South Region, whose name is Gregg.

Comment

In full disclosure mode, our Rollo - self-appointed King of the Flyer Nation - is a high school ref. He knows first hand how games are called can impact the results.

And I disagree with one point. I think we can run on you guys. What impacts that is our defensive rebounding. Can we get enough opportunities to run?

Right or wrong, I personally have lamented playing all this lesser competition. I believe our team is built to thrive when playing a more physical brand of basketball, ie the game that is played at the top end of D1 ball.

I believe it's entirely possible that WSU will get even better playing bigger, stronger, more physical and athletic teams. HOWEVER, that assumes they won't have a (negative) adjustment period, and that more than anything, is the x factor.

I'm not saying UD can't or shouldn't win. Clearly the metrics, rankings and Vegas say that already, at least they say WSU is more likely to win than not. The teams will decide who wins.

Comment

We have our own resident ref. I hope yours isn't half as insufferable as ours.

PS - Does yor ref have any dangerous stalkerlike infatuations with any of your current or former players?

I'll hang up and listen.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Why wouldn't Gonzaga want to do a biennial home/away match? They would be guaranteed a major match that they get to play at home every other year. I don't see why they/we wouldn't get that started post haste?
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                  I am a benevolent King. Loved and respected by all.

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                  PS - Does yor ref have any dangerous stalkerlike infatuations with any of your current or former players?
                  No....but I do haveth a keen interest in Royal opposing cheerleaders...but who doesn't?!

King Rollo the Swag....OUT!

Comment

• I like Dayton and if I am Miller I am playing the underdog. I just hope Shox don't go flat early, like they have done in the past and try to play catch up. I think Dayton will win that scenario. Why I am optimistic, WSU has played great last 5 games, Dayton hasn't. I am thinking the Shox will win this 77- 68

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      WSU hits the o-boards hard, and because of that, is susceptible to allowing break opportunities. Of course, WSU is the 4th best 3 point shooting team in the country, and one of the best offensive rebounding teams in the country, so a few things have to go right for UD to get run out opportunities, much less capitalize on those opportunities.
                      In general I agree about teams that attack the offensive boards but I don't remember us being particularly susceptible to fast breaks this year. I could be misremembering or maybe the teams we played just aren't run and gun style. I do feel like we seemed to give too many easy looks when we pressed.

Comment

• I like this Rollo character. He brings entertainment.

Do you think we can sign him during the upcoming free agency period?
                        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                          We've beaten a lot of "senior-laden" teams this season. Not sure that is a relevant data point whatsoever.
                          It's very relevant. Paris Lee's senior leadership resulted in ISU losses to Murray State and a 1-2 record against WSU.

But it's the most quoted reason he won the MVP over Landry Shamet.

Comment

• If Shamet and Frankamp match what they have been doing, dont give a **** who has seniors, no one's beating us.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

I'll hang up and listen.
                              LOL, I miss the BOBB/ShockRef feud. That was some hilarious stuff!
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I miss Graham Hatch.

Comment

Working...
                                X