Dayton Message Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flyer Visitor View Post
    And as I stated, WSU stats may still be better. Just wish there was a source that published tournament team's stats vs. season stats. Do you know of one?
    I did save the 2016 KenPom stats saved before the tournament(s). WSU had 3 games, due to the first 4 crap. So It's not too surprising that against a team that is close as hell Kenpom wise that they lost. For reference: WSU - 70, Vanderbilt - 50; WSU-65 Arizona-55; Miami-65 WSU-57 Before:
    • 12 Wichita St. 11 MVC 24-8 .9005 108.9 81 89.9 1 67.0 267 -.080 333 .5367 122 102.1 261 100.8 39 .6524 26

After:
    • 13 Wichita St. 11 MVC 26-9 +22.55 110.2 67 87.6 1 66.5 301 -.079 332 +3.90 91 104.2 144 100.3 60 +7.51 10

For reference: Pre:
    • 27 Vanderbilt 11 SEC 19-13 .8641 112.9 32 96.1 34 68.6 192 -.110 346 .6947 27 107.9 35 100.4 26 .6234 45
    • 16 Arizona 6 P12 25-8 .8927 116.1 17 96.5 40 69.2 151 -.033 262 .6304 70 106.1 69 101.3 63 .3871 304
    • 13 Miami FL 3 ACC 25-7 .8971 117.2 12 97.1 44 66.8 281 +.054 53 .7335 11 109.5 7 100.3 23 .5401 136

• 25 Vanderbilt 11 SEC 19-14 +18.80 112.6 40 93.8 23 68.8 180 -.105 346 +9.23 45 108.8 46 99.5 33 +5.95 26
    • 19 Arizona 6 P12 25-9 +20.95 115.7 20 94.7 29 69.5 141 -.038 272 +7.81 61 107.8 65 100.0 45 +0.13 161
    • 15 Miami FL 3 ACC 27-8 +22.44 118.3 11 95.9 42 66.3 306 +.077 32 +12.55 6 111.3 4 98.7 10 +5.04 36

(Well, crap, it looks like they aren't completely comparable, as there was a switch from Pyth to AdjustedEM, for the overall stat: http://kenpom.com/blog/ratings-methodology-update/, but in either system you can see how close things were between WSU and Miami.) Prior to that, I recall KP having ND as higher than we were, and KU about our level. Indiana was significantly lower. Played probably their best game that year. So I would rely upon it as a far better predictor than most. In the end, we have to win. It's something we are good at.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Interesting, considering all 32 predictions on your prediction thread all have Dayton prevailing, with a few of them by around 20.
      I would say Flyer fans stand behind their team and put their hearts into rooting for the Dayton Flyers. When Dayton wins an NCAA Tournament game, Flyer fans are ecstatic. When Dayton losses an NCAA tournament game, Flyer fans are extremely disappointed.

Are Shocker fans any different?

Comment

• Originally posted by King Rollo View Post
        If you're going to the game we need to meet and compare our Golden whistles over a beer.

Here, I'll show you mine if you....ohhhh, never mind. This is a G-rated site. Regardless...nothing but the best for UDPride's best!

Careful. Don't want to get shockref too excited.

Are all little league refs like this? Rollo and shockref are almost the same guy. Next time I'm low on confidence in the tank I'll make sure to coach a bitty ball game in their league.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by nwflyer View Post
          I would say Flyer fans stand behind their team and put their hearts into rooting for the Dayton Flyers. When Dayton wins an NCAA Tournament game, Flyer fans are ecstatic. When Dayton losses an NCAA tournament game, Flyer fans are extremely disappointed.

No, but you were the one ballin out with YouTube clips of "overconfidence". I guess you must've forgot what board you were on.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

We are, actually.

Ever hear Garrison Keiller's oft-repeated monologue about the residents of Lake Wobegon on the Prairie Home Companion radio show? We were the inspiration, in fact. Not to brag...

Comment

No, but you were the one ballin out with YouTube clips of "overconfidence". I guess you must've forgot what board you were on.
              I don't get satisfaction from the disappointment of opposing team's fans. The comments about LaSalle and the A10 hit a soft spot of mine. Sorry for responding with a painful memory for Wichita St.

I think the over whelming majority of people associated with Dayton basketball (Coaches, players, fans, ..) have great respect for Wichita St. basketball. I don't expect that respect to translate into Dayton players, coaches, or many fans predicting a loss to Wichita State or any other team in the NCAA tournament.

Comment

• I think WSU wins by 20 - because WSU is that good.

I do enjoy that Dayton fans have already started a thread looking for their new coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                  This "they havent played anyone" is getting old. No we havent. But past teams have, and there is little doubt that this team is at least as good if not better than any marshall team, and there were some great ones. We know the caliber this team is because we can compare them. Other people cant. This is going to be a fun dance.
                  Exactly my thoughts.....just couldn't ever get it into words.
                  Don't sweat the petty things .....and.....don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• We haven't played anybody, true. But we did what any top 20 team would do with our schedule the past couple months...We absolutely annihilated them. This is where margin of victory should matter.

Also noticed they pointed out how we struggled against the only good defenses we faced. They included Illinois St, which we definitely did NOT struggle against the past 2 times we faced them....
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I also still say they probably haven't seen a defense like ours either. They seem to think they will score like normal. Good luck with that... Lol
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I don't get satisfaction from the disappointment of opposing team's fans. The comments about LaSalle and the A10 hit a soft spot of mine. Sorry for responding with a painful memory for Wichita St.

I think the over whelming majority of people associated with Dayton basketball (Coaches, players, fans, ..) have great respect for Wichita St. basketball. I don't expect that respect to translate into Dayton players, coaches, or many fans predicting a loss to Wichita State or any other team in the NCAA tournament.
                        So it's ok for Dayton fans to be overconfident on their board but not for WSU fans on theirs? Did I sum that up correctly?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by King Rollo View Post
                          If you're going to the game we need to meet and compare our Golden whistles over a beer.

Here, I'll show you mine if you....ohhhh, never mind. This is a G-rated site. Regardless...nothing but the best for UDPride's best!

Hey! That's the same whistle I use to call my ho's to room 310 to pay my money!
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

So it's ok for Dayton fans to be overconfident on their board but not for WSU fans on theirs? Did I sum that up correctly?
                            It's all good. Fan message boards are for fun. But if you are going to revel in the disappointment of a massive underdog like LaSalle, a #13 seed in the 2013 tournament, a team that has made the tournament once in the last 25 years, a team that still plays basketball in a gymnasium, then someone like me(just me personally - not the entire Flyer fan base), might be guilty of trying to post a clever response.

Enjoy the excitement and anticipation of the NCAA tournament. Out of here ...

Comment

• I get it.

You have a beef outfit and a store.

We have a beef outfit and a store.

You are going to try and make money.

We are going to try and make money.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• We might as well all get mad at each other and start a rivalry if we are about to play regularly in the AAC.

Why is the state of West Virginia so windy? Because Dayton blows and VCU sucks!

Comment

Working...
                                X