Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dayton Message Board

Please play nice

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

It would be nice if they could at least spell "Wichita" correctly while dissing our team. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
      It would be nice if they could at least spell "Wichita" correctly while dissing our team. Sigh.
      One more 'chip' for the proverbial shoulder!!!:)

Comment

Odd how we get more respect on the Kentucky boards than on Daytons. Lets play the game and see.
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
          I laughed when I read this because we too have a pet-peeve when people refer to us as Dayton University. It's officially UD - University of Dayton.

Looking forward to the game. Two great programs. Two great coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyer Visitor View Post
            I laughed when I read this because we too have a pet-peeve when people refer to us as Dayton University. It's officially UD - University of Dayton.

Going to be a good one!

Comment

Dayton fans tend to have a few screws loose, but they are good, passionate basketball fans. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                Odd how we get more respect on the Kentucky boards than on Daytons. Lets play the game and see.
                Kentucky has seen first hand that it doesn't matter that "we didn't play anyone" .. Analytical numbers do mean something. Dayton hasn't ... yet.

Comment

Awesome. Evansville, revisited.

Comment

Originally posted by seskridge
                    I feel like that happens to any team we play. Miami maybe the only one that didn't have more respect for us after playing
                    To be fair to Miami, the media hyped up Fred and Ron soooooo much before that game it was disrespectful to Miami. If you just listened to the coverage before hand, you would have thought WSU was the 3 seed and Miami the 11. Miami did enough to prove they were better.

Comment

In all seriousness, looking forward to a unique matchup. I think this will be one of the best round of 64 games. As long as the winner beat Kentucky, I'll be happy, although I do expect WSU to make things very difficult for the Flyers.

Comment

Dayton fans sound like they have been pretty well won-over by Palm and P5 logic, and sorta sound like Palm Mini Me's. Strange behavior from a fellow "Top Mid-Major" or "High-Major in a MM Conference", but whatever.

Lots of discounting of advanced metrics going on over there. Already have kenpom explained as to why it is useless in regards to WSU. They do need to get to work though, rationalizing why the arithmetic of the remaining three-dozen-some-odd advanced metrics listed at masseyratings are flawed that indicate WSU to be the clearly superior team. A yeoman's task, no doubt, but I'm sure someone can get on it.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                          Dayton fans sound like they have been pretty well won-over by Palm and P5 logic, and sorta sound like Palm Mini Me's. Strange behavior from a fellow "Top Mid-Major" or "High-Major in a MM Conference", but whatever.

Lots of discounting of advanced metrics going on over there. Already have kenpom explained as to why it is useless in regards to WSU. They do need to get to work though, rationalizing why the arithmetic of the remaining three-dozen-some-odd advanced metrics listed at masseyratings are flawed that indicate WSU to be the clearly superior team. A yeoman's task, no doubt, but I'm sure someone can get on it.
                          I hope some of them are on the coaching staff
                          The Assman

Comment

Your Dayton University fan base appears to be the largest collection of a-holes and idiots. Otherwise, best regards.
                            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

They talk about not beating anyone .. yet I look at their schedule .. and meh .. Nothing exciting. Lost to St. Marys. Lost to Nebraska, Lost to UMass, Lost to Northwestern, Lost to VCU. Lost to GW, Lost to Davidson. A bunch of mid seeds and horrible teams. A couple wins over an injured RI team, Vandy, ETSU, Bama, VCU.

Is that REALLY that much better of resume to be talking crap?

Dayton 2-3 in KenPom A Games (Road wins at Bama and RI are the 2 wins)
                              6-3 in B Games

WSU 0-4 In A Games
                              8-0 in B games ...

Also .. I guess Vegas has no idea what they are talking about either ...
                              Last edited by Stickboy46; March 13, 2017, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X