Dayton Message Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nwflyer View Post
    It's all good. Fan message boards are for fun. But if you are going to revel in the disappointment of a massive underdog like LaSalle, a #13 seed in the 2013 tournament, a team that has made the tournament once in the last 25 years, a team that still plays basketball in a gymnasium, then someone like me(just me personally - not the entire Flyer fan base), might be guilty of trying to post a clever response.

Enjoy the excitement and anticipation of the NCAA tournament. Out of here ...
    Perhaps you missed the link WuDrWu provided for reference. Their fans sure weren't acting like any of the things you just described.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Perhaps you missed the link WuDrWu provided for reference. Their fans sure weren't acting like any of the things you just described.
      it went from being happy and excited to play UK to holy **** what a beating. Not "man we were off", but a "they are beating us like red headed step child". Thats what I love about that thread.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
        You can always visit him in the pit inside ShockRef's basement.
        ok, I laughed there!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by nwflyer View Post
          It's all good. Fan message boards are for fun. But if you are going to revel in the disappointment of a massive underdog like LaSalle, a #13 seed in the 2013 tournament, a team that has made the tournament once in the last 25 years, a team that still plays basketball in a gymnasium, then someone like me(just me personally - not the entire Flyer fan base), might be guilty of trying to post a clever response.

Enjoy the excitement and anticipation of the NCAA tournament. Out of here ...
          Attached Files

Comment

• Slightly off topic, but some interesting WSU - Dayton trivia. When riding homef from the MVC tournament I was doing some google searches on WSU football schedules. Apparently one of our most played non conference opponents in the 60's was... Dayton. I didn't know they ever had a football team. Of course their fans probably didn't realize we had one either. We've probably played them more in football than basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
              I also still say they probably haven't seen a defense like ours either. They seem to think they will score like normal. Good luck with that... Lol
              Amazing how every year our tournament opponents are befuddled how their teams just had an off shooting night against us. What a coincidence, year after year, after year. Our valley-proofed defensive intensity travels, and Kenpom ratings are legit.
              Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

• If i'm not mistaken I believe the biggest problem was the attitude with which the LaSalle players approached the game. They were talking about how they never even heard of Wichita and someone made some off hand comment about thinking of a sand"wich". Kind of the same vein as the ku player that slept through the Wichita game before they played Wichita.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  If i'm not mistaken I believe the biggest problem was the attitude with which the LaSalle players approached the game. They were talking about how they never even heard of Wichita and someone made some off hand comment about thinking of a sand"wich". Kind of the same vein as the ku player that slept through the Wichita game before they played Wichita.
                  - Which 'Wich (sub shop)
                  - Kelly Oubre
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    If i'm not mistaken I believe the biggest problem was the attitude with which the LaSalle players approached the game. They were talking about how they never even heard of Wichita and someone made some off hand comment about thinking of a sand"wich". Kind of the same vein as the ku player that slept through the Wichita game before they played Wichita.

Vintage FVV.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Rollo View Post
                      If you're going to the game we need to meet and compare our Golden whistles over a beer.

Here, I'll show you mine if you....ohhhh, never mind. This is a G-rated site. Regardless...nothing but the best for UDPride's best!

I freaking love this guy. Can we keep him?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                        We will see him around quite a bit when we are all in the AAC together this fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                          Are you going to feed him, and take care of him, and be responsible?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                            Are you going to feed him, and take care of him, and be responsible?
                            What are you, my mama?

Ha!

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                              I like this Rollo character. He brings entertainment.

Do you think we can sign him during the upcoming free agency period?

You can't afford my greatness. Then again, neither can UDPride. Then again II, I don't need the money. Then again III....send me your cheerleaders and I'm yours forever!

But leave her at home...

King Rollo the Throbber....OUT!
                              Last edited by King Rollo; March 15, 2017, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Rollo View Post
                                I am a benevolent King. Loved and respected by all.

No....but I do haveth a keen interest in Royal opposing cheerleaders...but who doesn't?!

King Rollo the Swag....OUT!
                                I don't oppose cheerleaders. At least, not anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X