Which Shockers should be 1st, or 2nd All-MVC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Interesting comparison to the 35-0 team. Frankamp shooting>Baker, Baker > defense over Conner. Shamet vs VanVleet, tough one. VV was great, so is Shamet, I call wash, maybe lean slightly to Shamet. Cotton>Brown. Early > McDuffie but not by a huge amount. Post play was Carter/Coleby/Lufile vs Morris/Nurger/Willis. Current group of posts are far better than the 35-0 team. Bench play was Wiggins while our bench has Smith/Reaves/Kelly. This roster is much deeper.

There was a lot of talk about how Fred VanVleet was a once in a generation type player at WSU then along comes Landry Shamet. The torch has been passed.

The 35-0 team was our best team. I still can't watch the UK game because it will piss me off.

I will say that I was bored and watched the Ohio State game again and believe that this years team is better than that team, just by my eye. I just think that this year's team has gelled together and the talent is higher. This team gas the potential to go deep.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Illinois State coach Dan Muller on Wichita State: "They are a tournament team, without question. I love Landry Shamet. He should be a first team all-league guy. This might be the best team Wichita has had in 3-4 years."

Muller also said he thinks his Redbirds are a tournament team. Illinois State has won 25 games, went 17-1 in Valley and lost just one game all year with top eight in rotation healthy.

Jeff *******, ESPN Insider

Comment

In the last 12 games of the season, after the ISU loss, Shaq got the starting nod, Conner got the nod at the two, Shamet moved to point, and Markis settled in as a stretch 4. Since that time:

Shamet averaged 13 points and 4 assists
        Frankamp averaged 12 points and 3 assists
        McDuffie averaged 11 points and 7 rebounds
        Morris averaged 12 points and 7 rebounds

All of shot better than 50% from the field and 80% from the stripe.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Suellentrop's ballot. http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...135250779.html

Interesting comment about wanting out of COY voting.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            Suellentrop's ballot. http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...135250779.html

Interesting comment about wanting out of COY voting.
            I think that is a pretty solid ballot by Paul considering the restrictions on voting for the team you cover/represent.

The key to how Wichita State and Illinois State players will be treated will depend on how many voters will try to reward the best players on the best teams or ignore a team's overall performance in choosing who they feel are the best players. Historically, the Valley tends to share the wealth pretty broadley.

I think Paul takes his vote pretty seriously and exercises it pretty thoughtfully.

Comment

Frankamp has 10 turnovers in 442 minutes in Valley play.
              A/TO: 5.2
              Stl/TO: 2
              Blk/TO: 0.5
              3PM/TO: 4.1

Comment

Here's another writer (Loyola) revealing his picks. The way he has it written, he picked Loyola players but later goes on to say that other guys move up to take the place since he technically can't pick Loyola players. Example, he has Shamet as his 6th pick, but due to not being able to pick Doyle, Shamet moves up to 1st team....

2016-17 all-mvc awards,all-mvc awards,all-mvc team,featured,mvc basketball,paris lee mvc player of the year

Comment

Here's another writer (Loyola) revealing his picks. The way he has it written, he picked Loyola players but later goes on to say that other guys move up to take the place since he technically can't pick Loyola players. Example, he has Shamet as his 6th pick, but due to not being able to pick Doyle, Shamet moves up to 1st team....

http://thecatchandshoot.com/explaini...awards-ballot/
                  Shamet 6th! HA!

I swear 80% of people around this league wouldn't know good basketball if it jumped up and went 68-4 in their faces.

Comment

Not too terrible. Yes, Shamet is better than the 6th best player, and he didn't even consider Shaq Morris for second team, but did consider Obi Church? Credit for actually getting Shamet and McDuffie on first team and putting Brown on second team with Frankamp. Shamet (FOY) and Willis are on the New-comer team, Nurger is most improved, Kelly is All-bench, and Brown makes his all-defense team.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

I guess he didn't see his DPOY get OWNED by one Shaq Morris on Saturday.
                      Edit: I dont think OWNED is strong enougth...Made him his b!tch? Church probably carried Shaqs bags to the bus for him......
                      Last edited by bighouse; February 28, 2017, 08:57 AM. Reason: !!!

Comment

I don't understand the voting for coach of the year. Sure dandy Dan led a senior laden team to a 17-1 record but Marshall lost 5 seniors two are playing in the NBA. Has no senior getting major playing time and goes 17-1 using 11+ guys many which are freshen and killed dandy Dan the last time they played each other. And pretty much beat the rest of the valley by 19+ a game.

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                          I don't understand the voting for coach of the year. Sure dandy Dan led a senior laden team to a 17-1 record but Marshall lost 5 seniors two are playing in the NBA. Has no senior getting major playing time and goes 17-1 using 11+ guys many which are freshen and killed dandy Dan the last time they played each other. And pretty much beat the rest of the valley by 19+ a game.
                          I think it's pretty reasonable to have Muller and Marshall fairly even. I'd take Marshall based on some of the things you said, including the utter domination the last 5 weeks. Muller should also get some credit for navigating the McIntosh injury. Though he gets negative points in my estimation based on having a bail bondsman on staff so his players can make it to all the games.

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                            Lets face it .. the voters don't like Marshall. There is zero chance he will win the award this year, or most year. He's already disqualified for next year due to returning talent unless he goes 24-0 against his 18 game MVC schedule.

Comment

Marshall will not win next year unless he goes 35-0. The voters like to vote for the coach that exceeded expectations, not the coach that is actually the best coach in the conference. The need to rename the award, Surprising Coach of the Year.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                Lets face it .. the voters don't like Marshall. There is zero chance he will win the award this year, or most year. He's already disqualified for next year due to returning talent unless he goes 24-0 against his 18 game MVC schedule.
                                I know it. It sucks. He should get the COY Bonus anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X