1st Team:
    Paris Lee - ILS - Sr.
    Jaylon Brown - EU - Sr.
    Milton Doyle - LOY - Sr.
    Alize Johnson - MSU - Jr.
    Landry Shamet - WSU - Fr.

2nd Team:
    Jeremy Morgan - UNI - Sr.
    Deontae Hawkins - ILS - Sr. (Personally, I prefer Mikyle McIntosh but don't think the votes will)
    Reed Timmer - DU - Jr.
    Markis McDuffie - WSU - So.
    One of about 10 other guys (Ingram or Jackson - LOY; Koch - UNI; McIntosh - ILS; Taylor - EU; Miller - MSU; Rodgriguez or O'Brien - SIU, Scott, INS; Brown - BU; Morris or Frankamp - WSU) - Most likely a player from a team not already represented. The rest will be honorable mention.

Comment

I'll bet $100 your prediction on Jaylon Brown and Reed Timmer don't pan out. There are about 5 guys I think make 1st team over J Brown. Drake and Evansville are just so bad, I don't think it matters how good their best player is.

Comment

If UNI finishes 3rd, they prolly get a second team guy

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          I just have to question any rating system that puts Willis ahead of Hawkins, Doyle, and Shamet. Willis puts up ridiculous stats when he plays, but so does the guy he's guarding.
          I laughed out loud.
          rdr
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            POY is probably going to be Paris Lee, and there's really good argument for that. He's going to be tough to beat out.
            Put me down in the dissent column. Lee is a nice player, but ...
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              I'll bet $100 your prediction on Jaylon Brown and Reed Timmer don't pan out. There are about 5 guys I think make 1st team over J Brown. Drake and Evansville are just so bad, I don't think it matters how good their best player is.
              You may well be correct. I was just trying to make a prediction by projecting how I think Valley voters will go this year. It is very hard to guage how Valley voters will factor team success or lack thereof into individual awards. Sometimes is seems like they do and at other times not so much.

Based on my work in the Pick 'Em contest this year I would be a fool to bet real money on anything.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 20, 2017, 03:29 PM.

Comment

1st team
                Landry Shamet - FOY
                Markis McDuffie
                Paris Lee
                Alize Johnson - NCOY
                Jeremy Morgan - POY

2nd team
                Conner Frankamp
                Shaq Morris
                Mikyle McIntosh
                Sean O'Brien
                Milton Doyle

HM
                Zach Brown - DPOY
                Deontae Hawkins
                Mike Rodriguez
                Aundre Jackson
                Brenton Scott
                Jaylon Brown
                Darral Willis

All Defense Team
                Zach Brown - DPOY
                Markis McDuffie
                Paris Lee
                Obediah Church
                Thik Bol

All Bench Team
                Rauno Nurger - 6MOY
                Aundre Jackson
                Daouda Ndiaye
                Rashard Kelly
                Random Dude

Jeff Rutter COY (3G would get my vote but think Rutter will get it)
                Last edited by WheatShock; February 20, 2017, 01:48 PM. Reason: Added Lee to All Defense Team. What was I thinking.
                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Just no for Jeremy Morgan as POY.

If McDuffie and Shamet are first team, then Hawkins is 2nd or better.

Lee is the active steals leader in the NCAA. He will make all-defense.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Just no for Jeremy Morgan as POY.

If McDuffie and Shamet are first team, then Hawkins is 2nd or better.

Lee is the active steals leader in the NCAA. He will make all-defense.
                    I think he or Paris Lee will win POY. Whether or not it should go to someone else I think one of the 2 will win.

I'm trying to be half ass accurate here although I admit some bias towards WSU. We probably won't get 4 players on the 1st and 2nd teams even though we deserve to. ISUr probably deserves 3 spots but may have to settle for 2. I don't think Valley voters are going to give 7 or 8 of 10 spots to 2 teams, they will spread the love as usual.
                    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

I would absolutely love to see 2 Shockers on each of the 1st team and 2nd team. I would also be very surprised if that would happen.

I think Coach Rutter at Drake for COY may be a bit of stretch at his point. No doubt Drake is an improved team under Coach Ritter but the fact remains he is 6-14 in the 20 games he has coached so far. The fact that Drake has lost 8 of their last 9 kind of indicates the league may have adjusted to his differenct style. Sure he is much better than the disaster that preceded him but you are not exactly rewarding excellence with that pick.

Even Barry Hinson was 22-10 and 11-7 last year when he won COY and that caused quite a bit of consternation around here.

I think COY is a two-horse race between 3G and Dirty Dan and if they both finish at 17-1 in Valley play my money is on Dirty Dan by a kick to the grapes.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        I think Coach Rutter at Drake for COY may be a bit of stretch at his point. No doubt Drake is an improved team under Coach Ritter but the fact remains he is 6-14 in the 20 games he has coached so far. The fact that Drake has lost 8 of their last 9 kind of indicates the league may have adjusted to his differenct style. Sure he is much better than the disaster that preceded him but you are not exactly rewarding excellence with that pick.

Even Barry Hinson was 22-10 and 11-7 last year when he won COY and that caused quite a bit of consternation around here.
                        Honestly I didn't know who else to pick. I won't pick Muller (although he may get it), and Marshall will probably have to go 18-0 to win again.
                        Last edited by WheatShock; February 20, 2017, 02:21 PM.

Comment

What I "think" will happen:

First team
                          Lee (POY)
                          Hawkins
                          McDuffie
                          Morgan
                          Doyle

Second team
                          McIntosh
                          Shamet
                          Brown
                          Johnson
                          Scott
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                            Honestly I didn't know tho else to pick. I won't pick Muller (although he may get it), and Marshall will probably have to go 18-0 to win again.
                            Okay. Your list is who you would pick. Not who you think the Valley voters will pick. Which means, of course, that you list is 100% accurate on that basis.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 20, 2017, 02:18 PM.

Comment

What I "think" will happen:

First team
                              Lee (POY)
                              Hawkins
                              McDuffie
                              Morgan
                              Doyle

Second team
                              McIntosh
                              Shamet
                              Brown
                              Johnson
                              Scott
                              One of the problems we have as Shocker fans is that Zach, Markis, Rashard et. al. made so many of the better players on opposing Valley teams look less than ordinary when they played the Shocks.

One of the guys we did not make look ordinary this year was Aundre Jackson. I would think he would be the odds-on favorite to win the Sixth-Man Award. Rauno and Rashard should definitely be on the all-bench team. But again they might face a share the wealth problem.

Rauno should also be in the running for captain of the all-improved team with Rashard receiving some consideration for that team as well.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 20, 2017, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Jacobson for COY, kept hearing about the last 0-5 start to a winning record in the league was in the 20s, plus they'll beat the turds Saturday.

They should call it the "Coach not named Gregg Marshall of the Year"

Comment

Working...
                                X