No announcement yet.

Which Shockers should be 1st, or 2nd All-MVC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shamet > Lee is becoming pretty obvious.

Unfortunately, MVC voters are not great at obvious.

Comment

Shamet finishes the 18-game Valley schedule 4th in the league (and the only guard in the Top12 listed) shooting 56% from the field.
      1st in 3pt FG% (51.8) while also shooting the most 3PA.
      He was 4th in assists, at 3.9 (leader with 4.9), but lapped the field with a 3.7 A/TO (remember he's a freshman that transitioned to PG in January, holy crap)
      19 TOs in 18 games as the primary ball-handler.
      And don't even look at his advanced stats.

Comment

Shamet is the POY without question. Best player on the best team (nobody argues that outside Normal) and has the superior statistics.

Comment

The way Shamet closed the season, he is the MVC PoY. We're used to VanVleet and Baker, and now we're watching Shamet. We do have a pretty solid base for comparison. If Shamet were a Sr on another team, I'd be thrilled (and relieved) to see him getting out of the Valley.

McDuffie didn't appear to have the type of year everyone was expecting. Everyone was expecting him to dominate the Valley, and he didn't do that. Then you look at the stat sheet and he had a much better year than appearances from watching indicated.

It wouldn't bother me to see McDuffie, Morris, and frankamp on 2nd team. I think McDuffie deserves a 1st-team slot. Frankamp and Morris weren't consistent through the entire Valley season, so there's a legitimate reason for putting them on 2nd team.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            The way Shamet closed the season, he is the MVC PoY. We're used to VanVleet and Baker, and now we're watching Shamet. We do have a pretty solid base for comparison. If Shamet were a Sr on another team, I'd be thrilled (and relieved) to see him getting out of the Valley.

McDuffie didn't appear to have the type of year everyone was expecting. Everyone was expecting him to dominate the Valley, and he didn't do that. Then you look at the stat sheet and he had a much better year than appearances from watching indicated.

It wouldn't bother me to see McDuffie, Morris, and frankamp on 2nd team. I think McDuffie deserves a 1st-team slot. Frankamp and Morris weren't consistent through the entire Valley season, so there's a legitimate reason for putting them on 2nd team.
            Shamet will win FOY. He should win NCOY, but will lose to Johnson. He should win POY, but will lose to Lee. Still, it's going to be the most decorated year for a WSU freshman in decades (ever?).

McDuffie lead the team in scoring and rebounding. He will get a spot on first or second team.

Morris will just miss the second team IMO, as will Frankamp. Doesn't matter though. These four are going to destroy the MVC and the college basketball world in epic fashion next year.
            Livin the dream

Comment

WSU plays such a balanced game going 10-11 deep strong. Even so, we still did well on individual stats in Valley play. Below are some of those stats in which some will know your socks off. These just came off the Official MVC Basketball Site and includes all 18 Valley games. These are when we fell into a top 12 finish in the Valley and what place our individual Shockers finished.

3-pt. fg pct. 1.-Shamet-.518-43-83----2. Frankamp-.506-41-81----At one time before an injury, Austin was the leader in this category if I remember correctly.

3-pts made--1. Shamet---43 2.--CF-41

FG Pct.-We do great as a team here----4th-Shamet 8th.- Willis 10th. Duff 11th.--Shaq.

Assist to turnover Ratio--Shamet was first place as easy as pie on this one 1.-LS-71 assists to only 19 turnovers for 3.7 Ratio--Wow--and he's only a Freshman!!!!!!!!!!!

Defensive Rebounds--9th--Duff 12th--Shaq

Offensive Rebounds--7th. Machine Gun Glass Cleaner Kelly

Blocked Shots---7th.--Willis with 16 8th.--Shaq with 15--Yes, we like rim protection on this Squad.

Free Throw %---Let's call the next Coaches Show to see if we ever work on these throws in practice--but wait--I'll hang up and listen--4th.--Shaq.--.852 5th. Duff--.838.. Can somebody tell me if this site has this one incorrect as stated in Valley Play? I thought LS, and CF would be in this. UPDATE--There seems to be errors on this site because Go Shockers .Com Site has LS FT % at .821 and CF at .813 in Valley games and this should have placed them in the top 12 or so too. Next Season LS and CF could both be .900 or more? I'll hang up and listen.

Steals--9th--a tie--Conner Frankamp-- Was this supposed to happen, because he had 20 steals in 18 games? 11th.--(a tie)Duff-for 19

Assists--4th--Shamet with 71 and 12th.CF with 52.

In conclusion, you up the minutes played by Shocker leaders and we move on up in several categories. However, we win by playing up to 11 and our foes never know which Shock will errupt in any given game. Thus, we better be seeing lots of Shockers doing very well in various MVC Awards.
              Last edited by forevershockerfan; February 26, 2017, 08:54 AM.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                These four are going to destroy the MVC and the college basketball world in epic fashion next year.
                Hopefully this year and next. There have been some comparisons of this team to 35-0 and while don't quite buy that, I jizz in my pants when I think about returning almost every key piece and adding a legit 7' too.

Comment

Interesting comparison to the 35-0 team. Frankamp shooting>Baker, Baker > defense over Conner. Shamet vs VanVleet, tough one. VV was great, so is Shamet, I call wash, maybe lean slightly to Shamet. Cotton>Brown. Early > McDuffie but not by a huge amount. Post play was Carter/Coleby/Lufile vs Morris/Nurger/Willis. Current group of posts are far better than the 35-0 team. Bench play was Wiggins while our bench has Smith/Reaves/Kelly. This roster is much deeper.

There was a lot of talk about how Fred VanVleet was a once in a generation type player at WSU then along comes Landry Shamet. The torch has been passed.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

Free Throw %---Let's call the next Coaches Show to see if we ever work on these throws in practice--but wait--I'll hang up and listen--4th.--Shaq.--.852 5th. Duff--.838.. Can somebody tell me if this site has this one incorrect as stated in Valley Play? I thought LS, and CF would be in this. UPDATE--There seems to be errors on this site because Go Shockers .Com Site has LS FT % at .821 and CF at .813 in Valley games and this should have placed them in the top 12 or so too. Next Season LS and CF could both be .900 or more? I'll hang up and listen.

My guess would be that there is a minimum amount of times that you would have to appear at the line to qualify for the list and they must not have taken enough.

Comment

Originally posted by bunck View Post
                      My guess would be that there is a minimum amount of times that you would have to appear at the line to qualify for the list and they must not have taken enough.
                      Bet you are correct because Austin was 12-23 for .522 on threes and was no longer leader of that list after his last injury and actually was the leader on our team and probably the whole Valley but did not have enough attempts? Impressive sharp shooting of our guards and Mr. Smith got hot yesterday versus them Bears on 3's as well. Indeed, these 4 guards are all keepers.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Shamet clearly the best player and newcomer, but will lose out to Lee and Johnson respectively.

Lee is a good player, but not as good as Landry. He is a senior on a team that's having their best season in two decades; He will get the nod.

Johnson has been fantastic, but he's not as good as Landry. Johnson is on an improving team due to his success, and has won the most NOWs since Dougie; he will get the nod.

Landry "SHOULD" sweep the awards, but the MVC loves to make every other team feel better (and other coachs hate to award WSU everything, even if they deserve it).
                        The Assman

Comment

I think Muller gets COY. Gregg deserves it more though.

Comment

Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
                            I think Muller gets COY. Gregg deserves it more though.
                            I agree on both

Comment

When are the announcements made?

Comment

I think it's Tuesday. Should start seeing some people post their votes. ISUb posted his

Comment

Working...
                                X