No announcement yet.

WSU Versus Evansville Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm.. i wonder if marshall remembers that ue won at wichita state on senior night in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
      hmm.. i wonder if marshall remembers that ue won at wichita state on senior night in 2013.
      I'll bet he does. I do.

Comment

February 20th Quotables: Gregg Marshall

Some great qoutes this week. You can tell 3G is in a pretty good place right now. Let's hope it stays that way.

Comment

Right now the depth and unselfishness of this team is unique.
          So many players contributing. If all 10-11 play angry on D and
          on the boards they will be tough for anyone anywhere. Probably
          about a 24 point line. Were due for an off game. 79-64

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            February 20th Quotables: Gregg Marshall

Some great qoutes this week. You can tell 3G is in a pretty good place right now. Let's hope it stays that way.
            I agree with JR in that I can't believe he's been here 4 years. I hope he and Zach have a great night.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

This game is pretty much the Shockers' 10+ vs the Aces' 2.

Jaylon Brown (28) and Ryan Taylor (17) combined for 45 of the Aces 65 points in the 82-65 loss to the Shockers in Evansville included 28 of Evansville's 32 points in the 2nd half. Are there two teams that go about their business more differently than the Shocks and the Aces. Of course, the Aces may have no other choice.

Hopefully, the Shocks won't repeat the first 16 minutes of play in Evansville at which point they trailed 32-19, had shot 7-23 (30.4%) including 1-4 treys, 4-8 from the line and were outrebounded 12-17. At that point the Shocks rallied behind Rauno, Landry and Austin to close out the half on an 11-1 run to pull to within 3 at 33-30. The Shocks then came out in the 2nd half and dominated the Aces despite Brown's and Taylor's histrionics.

Not sure if the Shockers were suffering a hangover from the Illinois State loss and I don't now what flipped the switch with 4:00 minutes to go in the 1st half at Evansville but the Shocks have pretty much ridden rough shod over the rest of the Valley since then especially in the friendly confines of Koch Arena. Hopefully, that's an indication that they have figured it out and are locked in and loaded.

Looking forward to seeing the game plan 3G and staff will use agaisnt Evansviille. Brown and Taylor have put on a lot of additional mileage since the game in Evansville. The Shockers should be able to wear the Aces down as they have most Valley teams lately.

Hats off to J.R. and Zach5.

Comment

Coach said the ISUr game was personal. The way we throttled UNI, I am thinking that one was too. He will find a way to make this one "personal" as well and we will inflict much pain on the pimps.

Comment

97-45.

JR and Bush score 15 each.
                  Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Coach Marshall offered generous praise for both of these Seniors tonight and that was great to hear. They deserve our best tomorrow night and will receive it. They always followed their roll and did their part to make our Team and our Program better. See ya'll there.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Vegas opens at -19.5.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Hoping JR and Zach each get at least 5 min a piece. I'll gladly take the Over

Shox - 91
                        Pimps - 58

Comment

Evansville is not good. We will win by a lot, unless we get Evansvilled.
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Could it be that first and foremost, Evansville gets Evansvilled by their own doing. But then, they also get the Shock Treatment and the boot for daring to sweep us on Senior night back in 2012/13. The aftermath will remind us of the fanbases of the 4 teams we defeated at the Dance, all proclaiming what a bad night they had against us, not grasping that our stingy D. and our high Octane O had daunting causes and effects to their demise.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Spin92
                              Marty 62

Comment

Holsinger - Ansinger - Coalsinger - whatever Amish-singer resides in Evansville for God's sake - 56

Zach Bush and JR Simon - 92
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X