Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Shocker Friends

Time for Round 2 in the Roundhouse!!!!

This will be great for the league and great for college basketball. Two good teams that don't like each other in a top-notch atmosphere. This is the type of game that players from both sides will talk about when they are old and gray. I am glad this will be showcased for the nation to see. I can't wait to watch it. Gotta get something nice on the grill at about 4pm and get ready to watch a great game.

Nobody will give the Redbirds any chance for a myriad of reasons and that's OK. The Shox will be heavily favored and seeking "revenge" and all that. Marshall stopped himself short of saying he looked past Drake last night in the post game interview. That was kinda funny. Of course he looked past Drake and why wouldn't he? But those are things you just can't say on TV LOL.

I am interested to see how Muller mixes his defense. The Birds are easily the best defensive team in this league (and many others). The zone gave the Shox all kinds of trouble last game and I'm sure the Shox have been practicing against that a great deal. But it can be tough to rebound out of the zone and allowing the Shox 2nd chance points will ensure a double digit loss.

Birds will need huge contributions from Evans, Clayton and Madison Williams to have a chance. Those guys have never played in an atmosphere like this where they have been counted on to produce. Neither has Fayne for that matter. Everyone will be leaning heavily on Lee, Wills and Hawkins.

should be a great one. I think it's a close one and I hope it's not decided by the refs.

Good luck---even though you don't need it. :)

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      Good, because we play Saturday.
      He must talking about the Falcons

Comment

Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
        He must talking about the Falcons
        It gets so confusing with all these super bowls on the same weekend.

Comment

I just now finally got it.

Comment

WSU 79
            ISR 74
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Hey there guys,

Well s**t, here we are again, on national TV, with big league implications on the line. This one is bigger than most however, with the way we've both rocketed to the front of the conference. Oughta be a good one for all to see.

Funny how the vitriol gets spewed in both directions tenfold when we are both good at the same time. One of your guys had a hilariously sarcastic post on our board---and he was also spot on correct. Aside from some good teams and several NIT appearances, we haven't done jack s**t since 1998 while you guys have reached, and succeeded, on the big national stage many times. You've been a step above the rest of us. Maybe we're closing that gap now, who knows.

Gonna be tough without Mcintosh. Was gonna be tough with him. We need lots of guys to really step up Saturday, and with the environment they will be in, it's a tall order. Defense has been our M.O. and it's allowed us to find ways to win even when we aren't playing or shooting particularly well. At times we've looked similar to some of Lowery's SIU teams in the mid-2000s...always capable of winning because of defense and rebounding. We'll see how this one shakes out.

Tough one to predict, but I feel we could either steal a squeaker, or you guys pound us by 15. Good chance of the latter, hoping for the former obviously :)

Looking for a fun one to watch!
              I am a diehard Illinois State Redbird fan first, and an MVC supporter, diplomat, and ambassador of good will second.

Comment

We could chant "Uuuuuuber" repeatedly (like airball) every time Hawkins gets a touch.
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                  We could chant "Uuuuuuber" repeatedly (like airball) every time Hawkins gets a touch.
                  I like that
                  You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

How about a representation of Hawkins' license at the end of a fishing pole.

Get it?

It's suspended.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      How about a representation of Hawkins' license at the end of a fishing pole.

Get it?

It's suspended.
                      That might be too Mensa-like...
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

That might be too Mensa-like...
                        Sorry. I'll have to dial it back so as to be understandable by the masses.

Comment

1. There was one, poorly executed sign about pant size for the SIU game. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

2. Any reference to 'suspension' is going to be lost on the entire ISU program and community anyway. They are unfamiliar with the existence of such things.

Comment

Can we station some extra off-duty uniformed officers around the Redbird bench so they feel more at home? I just want to be hospitable.

Comment

Can we station some extra off-duty uniformed officers around the Redbird bench so they feel more at home? I just want to be hospitable.
                              Maybe surround the Turd's side with crime scene tape

Comment

I predict if we win Gurney Palms will use the fact that Mikintosh didn't play against the Shockers at some point before Selection Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X