Shaq Morris--Shocker X-Factor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaq Morris--Shocker X-Factor?

Today Shaq attacked with lots of points and rebounds by executing under control with finesse. For the Shocks to go where we want to revisit, we need a leader and an X-Factor. We need him to do so on a regular basis, especially against the tougher teams we will face from here. Great passing with 4 assists, 8 rebounds and 24 smackers and played solid D without fouling much. Oh how we need this moving forward often.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
    Today Shaq attacked with lots of points and rebounds by executing under control with finesse. For the Shocks to go where we want to revisit, we need a leader and an X-Factor. We need him to do so on a regular basis, especially against the tougher teams we will face from here. Great passing with 4 assists, 8 rebounds and 24 smackers and played solid D without fouling much. Oh how we need this moving forward often.
    I'm not going to hold my breath, but, it would be nice to see Shaq have a big February. The big fella has 2 games to prove it before we get there to Feb. I believe he can do it.

Comment

Two good games in a row. We will see if he continues for three. Small steps at a time before I trust him to be a difference maker.

Comment

The key is Shaq staying out of foul trouble. He's normally good when he's in the game; he's just had to sit for much of them because of foul problems.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

...the thigh injury was probably a bigger deal then we knew as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Maybe. He's still not what I would call a tough guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              I've noticed that his jumping seems better the last few games, and I too wondered if the thigh injury was a part of it. Kind of like Fred's groin injury last year, where it isn't enough to keep you out of games, but enough to hamper performance just a tad.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I feel the best part of Shaq playing well is we don't have to count on it. Nurger is playing so well. If Shaq disappears again I'm completely comfortable with Nurger getting 25 min at the 5.

Comment

When Shaq is dialed in, he is extremely fun to watch. One of my (many) favorite players.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                    I've noticed that his jumping seems better the last few games, and I too wondered if the thigh injury was a part of it.
                    Noticed that as well! Now if we can just get Duff jumping. Guy does soooooo much right and crazy atheltic...but the hops man. The hops!!! Lol
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by Wuchalk View Post
                      When Shaq is dialed in, he is extremely fun to watch. One of my (many) favorite players.
                      I think he is the most talented Big in the league and one of my favorites too. However, I just don't trust that he will always be dialed in. He's not very tough minded.

Comment

I was wondering about Shaq back at Orlando until I saw tough minded FVV gnawing with stern words of wisdom into his ear. Yes, with a dialed in Shaq, MM, and Willis on our front line, all playing good on a given night together--then it will bite to be a foe of our Shocks. Dial that Shaq switch to full throttle Shaq, lead us to the promised land, and finish strong, one game at a time!!!!!!!
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Went to the game and Shaq appeared dialed in as soon as they announced he was starting.

He played excellent and mostly foul free!

Comment

Comment

Followed up perhaps his worst game ever, with his two best. Who knows if it means anything or means nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X