• nm
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Guess...

winning.png

Comment

• After one of his incredible blocks during the Cincinnati game (I think it was the one where he swatted right to MM), he immediately put his head down and started sprinting on offense.

I was blown away. That's such an incredible sign of growth. He didn't flex, he didn't say anything to the other team, he just put his head down and got to work.

Comment

• forevershockerfan
          forevershockerfan commented
          Editing a comment
          Like a runaway freight train at Mt. Shaqmore.

• Shaq needed to lead us tonight versus Tulane and he sure did. He had 25-points, 9-RB, and 2 blocks (I thought 3 on a clean block called a foul). How about his 10-13 on free throws? I'll hang up and listen. Shaq also played under control with only 2 fouls with around 30 minutes on the hardwood which is where we need him to be. Shaq also made his only 3-pointer attempted tonight. I like it. We like this alot.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Has Shaq fouled out of a single game this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
            Has Shaq fouled out of a single game this year?
            Yes. 3: ND, OSU, and Arky St.

Comment

• 60Shock
              60Shock commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, Shock Talk, I guess I had wiped those out of the old memory.

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
            Shaq needed to lead us tonight versus Tulane and he sure did. He had 25-points, 9-RB, and 2 blocks (I thought 3 on a clean block called a foul). How about his 10-13 on free throws? I'll hang up and listen. Shaq also played under control with only 2 fouls with around 30 minutes on the hardwood which is where we need him to be. Shaq also made his only 3-pointer attempted tonight. I like it. We like this alot.
            In my mind Shaq has officially reached stud status. Not that anybody cares what I think. But I say that because that was a sneaky 25 points last night. I'm so used to his abilities now. Also, I so hope we can watch him continue his play at the next level. Would be so cool to see him rise to the highest level. My NBA goggles are foggy and crooked, but I can see it. Can you?

Comment

• forevershockerfan
              forevershockerfan commented
              Editing a comment
              My doubts on Shaq being drafted, but neither was Fred or Ron. Let's just say Shaq has a future somewhere in basketball and where that is somewhat depends on how important that is to him IMO. It is very tough to make the Bigs but Shaq can make money somewhere for sure. We need him to finish here with his best efforts which should land him with first or second All Conference awards. No matter what happens, he will be watched and followed by us here on SN. He developed a ton and really has come to play his final year here.
              Last edited by forevershockerfan; February 22, 2018, 12:05 PM.

• Shaq is way too short to be a center in the NBA. The NBA is all about outside shooting and spreading the floor. Not sure if it fits his strengths, but there are plenty of undersized power players that have carved out careers, all it takes is a team with that need.

Comment

• His athleticism, skill, and strength/girth will give him a shot at the NBA. I expect he will be on a summer league team and get a camp invite. The challenge after that point will be making a roster.
              You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Shaq deserves some SN luv after his double/double of 21 points and 10 rb in 23M. Had big help from Duff who had an epic performance with 26 points and 4 assists in 25M. Willis and Kelly got on the glass detail with 8 and 7 rebounds. These 4 bigs are bringing it down the stretch when stakes are sky high.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
                  ShockingButTrue commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agreed.

Even though their D is "down" this year, they're rebounding at an elite level and blocking shots at an elite level also. I'll take the trade off in a high stakes game in the month of March.

• The AAC player of the week was Raynere Thornton of Memphis.
                He averaged 18.5 ppg and 4.5 rpg

Shaq was on the American honor roll.
                He averaged 23 ppg and 9.5 rpg.

No offense to Mr. Thornton and that big win they had against Houston, but I think we all know who the real player of the week was. Must have a rule against giving out back to back POW awards?

Comment

• I'm glad to see Shaq get back to being a dominant rebounder. I felt that he had become this by the end of last year but we hadn't seen it much this year until the last week and a half.
                  Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• You must be kidding? Mt. Shaqmore played 38 minutes in the Shocker overtime win? 19 points (Now that is huge in an overtime win), 9-RB (Now That is glass cleaning), 3 blocks (now That is rim protection), 3 assists (Now That is sharing the rock) and 1 steal (Now that is a precious Shocker possession needed in a close game), with only 2 fouls (now That is smart defense in a game we need all 38 minutes from Shaq). Great overall production and leadership from Shaq.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                      You must be kidding? Mt. Shaqmore played 38 minutes in the Shocker overtime win? 19 points (Now that is huge in an overtime win), 9-RB (Now That is glass cleaning), 3 blocks (now That is rim protection), 3 assists (Now That is sharing the rock) and 1 steal (Now that is a precious Shocker possession needed in a close game), with only 2 fouls (now That is smart defense in a game we need all 38 minutes from Shaq). Great overall production and leadership from Shaq.
                      Shaq’s bringing it home...

Comment

• Best senior year post player from the Turgeon/Marshall era? Miller/Hall/Stutz/or Shaq? With Shaq’s offense greater than or being equal to Miller and Stutz, his defense would no doubt be better esp as rim protector. Only Hall’s defense would be considered better but lacking the offensive dominance and versatility.

Comment

Working...
                        X