WSU vs UNI game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
    I disagree with both statements, especially number 1. I don't know if anyone keeps the stat but I would bet that he near the top in "hockey assists."

To my eyes it seems you have some kind of axe to grind on this topic. I could be wrong.
    I mean. You can disagree all you want. Number 2 is literally a statistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      I mean. You can disagree all you want. Number 2 is literally a statistic.
      It's a number on a screen. Without context it means nothing.

Comment

• As of right now WSU does not have a point that controls the tempo of the game in any conscious fashion.

Move the ball around the horn? Yeah.

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
          Not sure what it is, but he has quite a few times when he is wide open and either does not get the pass or does not take the shot when he does.
          Listening to the radio broadcast Mike mentioned (and you could hear) Coach yelling at him to shoot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
            Seems that Landry is the only consistent force we have on this team thus far
            Willis is averaging 12 pts & 6 rebounds per game. He's 2nd on the team in FG% despite the fact that he shoots from 15-20 feet regularly. He leads the team in both FTs made and attempted (shoots 75% from the line). Defensively, he is ranked #22 in the nation by KenPom at drawing fouls.

Willis does all this despite being a mere 17 games into his D1 career. Last season he was playing for a community college.

I think Willis deserves to be called a "consistent force". He's been outstanding so far.

#JamarSaysPositiveThingsAboutTheShox

Comment

• Just a point of reference, if you have to hashtag yourself after every "positive" WSU comment, you are either trying too hard or it clearly hit a sore spot when mentioned previously. Or perhaps both.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                Willis is averaging 12 pts & 6 rebounds per game. He's 2nd on the team in FG% despite the fact that he shoots from 15-20 feet regularly. He leads the team in both FTs made and attempted (shoots 75% from the line). Defensively, he is ranked #22 in the nation by KenPom at drawing fouls.

Willis does all this despite being a mere 17 games into his D1 career. Last season he was playing for a community college.

I think Willis deserves to be called a "consistent force". He's been outstanding so far.

#JamarSaysPositiveThingsAboutTheShox
                No doubt about it, and I stand corrected. Willis has certainly exceeded my expectations. I got wrapped up in the bad game he had Sunday which was probably the result of bad officiating and his reaction to it more than his lack of consistency. To be fair, Landry had a stretch where his offense wasn't what I was hoping it would be but he's certainly turned that around.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  Just a point of reference, if you have to hashtag yourself after every "positive" WSU comment, you are either trying too hard or it clearly hit a sore spot when mentioned previously. Or perhaps both.
                  I think it's positively odd that our mascot is something we are supposed to cut down, thresh, and eventually eat.

#boltsaysstuff #whenheshouldbeworking ... #myself

Comment

• Originally posted by boltforge View Post
                    I think it's positively odd that our mascot is something we are supposed to cut down, thresh, and eventually eat.

sorta like a Buckeye?

Comment

• Originally posted by boltforge View Post

I've been known to drink a Nutty Irishman but I positively will not EAT one!

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                        As of right now WSU does not have a point that controls the tempo of the game in any conscious fashion.

Move the ball around the horn? Yeah.
                        That would be a great question for the coaches show. Please call in.

Moving the ball from side to side is controlling the tempo. For you to know Whether it is conscious or not, requires some ability to read minds. I don't know if that is an individual game plan decided each time or not. However I've seen them run clock when ahead and that is controlling tempo. I also usually see them not taking early shots. That too is controlling tempo.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post

Moving the ball from side to side is controlling the tempo. For you to know Whether it is conscious or not, requires some ability to read minds. I don't know if that is an individual game plan decided each time or not. However I've seen them run clock when ahead and that is controlling tempo. I also usually see them not taking early shots. That too is controlling tempo.
                          oklahoma state sure liked it a whole lot too. underwood especially.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post

Is Conner's not penetrating (and kicking) a subconscious trait? It could be. Don't really care. Not everyone can take over a game from the point position, if you understand what I'm saying. You as a Shocker fan should recognize the distinction. GGG's decision to not start him was conscious.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                              Is Conner's not penetrating (and kicking) a subconscious trait? It could be. Don't really care. Not everyone can take over a game from the point position, if you understand what I'm saying. You as a Shocker fan should recognize the distinction. GGG's decision to not start him was conscious.
                              Penetrating and kicking out is not controlling tempo. But no argument from me that it is important and not a strength of CF. Fred could do it all and each if our current PG's have a hole in their game. But overall, the 3 PGs all have a different style and together they are more than average imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                                1. The offense is often completely stagnant when Frankamp is in the game. He doesn't move the ball, and he doesn't break down a defense.
                                2. When, oh when, will folks quit appending things like "with his scoring ability" to every post about Frankamp? He's a 4th year Jr. averaging 4.8ppg.
                                One of the funniest posts of the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X