WSU vs UNI game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
    Penetrating and kicking out is not controlling tempo. But no argument from me that it is important and not a strength of CF. Fred could do it all.
    He makes an outstanding back-up point guard.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
      He makes an outstanding back-up point guard.
      You are free to be disparaging (and that is what you are doing with your words of back up). I think that we have numerous players with good skills who do not start the game. Nurger, Reaves, Frankamp and others all are good players who don't begin the game playing. CF started the second half and several play starter minutes. Coach is trying to get the best from all. I'm glad CF is on the team and hope Ggg can continue to get him to assert himself more offensively.

Comment

• I really like our platoon system at the point. Daishon and Conner both have their deficiencies, but their strengths and weaknesses are juxtaposed in a way that makes adjustment on the fly difficult for the other team. They will each have matchups and opponents' style which benefit them down the stretch, and both are incredibly valuable to the team.

It's the first platoon in a long time I've generally been happy with and wish to see continue.

Comment

You are free to be disparaging (and that is what you are doing with your words of back up).
          That's quite a misleading estimate. He is a backup. Not only that, but I believe he is a good backup (of value) too.

Comment

That's quite a misleading estimate. He is a backup. Not only that, but I believe he is a good backup (of value) too.
            He's a backup that would start for every other Valley team (minus ISUr ... Lee is good)

Comment

Gregg says he has 10 starters but you can describe our players any way you want. Unlike any of our other players who don't start the game on the court, Conner's minutes haven't dwindled at all. Maybe he is the sixth man.

Comment

Gregg says he has 10 starters but you can describe our players any way you want. Unlike any of our other players who don't start the game on the court, Conner's minutes haven't dwindled at all. Maybe he is the sixth man.
                I mean, this just isn't factual. Frankamp was averaging 24.7 mpg thru the Bahamas. He's averaging 18.9 since then. I'd say a 23% reduction in minutes over an 11 game period is significant enough to contradict your claim.

He did have a good first half last night.
                Last edited by Cdizzle; January 12, 2017, 01:33 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  I mean, this just isn't factual. Frankamp was averaging 24.7 mpg thru the Bahamas. He's averaging 18.9 since then. I'd say a 23% reduction in minutes over an 11 game period is significant enough to contradict your claim.

He did have a good first half last night.
                  My statement is certainly True. His minutes have not DWINDLED. He is currently THIRD on the team with 21.2 minutes following only MM and LS. He is still the leading Point Guard with 21.2 minutes to DS who has 18.9 minutes. We will see when (perhaps if) Daishon overtakes him.

Comment

• CF had limited minutes mid season, but lately has had as many or more than DS.

In the game that was close CF would have had more if the game was in doubt, but we went deep...

Comment

• What's the threshold for DWINDLING? I guess I'm just not enough of an expert on that. I assumed losing nearly a quarter of one's minutes would qualify. But I do know what they say about assumptions. Over the same time periods, Smith's minutes played have gone from 15 to 21. Reaves and Shamet have remained very steady. This isn't rocket science, especially in that it actually is a zero sum game.

Comment

• Dave Dahl said something the other night on the pre-game show about looking at an individual player over the last 5 to 6 games to get a feel for how a player is performing. I did this for both Conner and Daishon for the last 6 games. The results for the last 6 games are as follows:

Conner averaged 20.7 minutes per game and Daishon 19.5 and according to KenPom's offensive rating Conner is averaging a 125 rating and Daishon 115 over the last 6 games. Both of these numbers are excellent.

I think we are very fortunate to have both of these players as they provide completely different looks for an opponent to prepare for.

Comment

• Dave Dahl also likes to say "in 3 out of the last 8 games, so-and-so is shooting 82% from 3." There is more than one reason I can't listen to the pregame any more.

Comment

Dave Dahl also likes to say "in 3 out of the last 8 games, so-and-so is shooting 82% from 3." There is more than one reason I can't listen to the pregame any more.
                            You mentioned some valid facts that others believe demonstrate part of the story but it is an incomplete story designed to support your narrative. I and it appears that others agree, Show facts that support our belief that both players are valuable and the differences in Daishon's game to Conner's are not as smaller than you would think. We may just have to agree to disagree. Different styles but mostly positive results.

Comment

Dave Dahl also likes to say "in 3 out of the last 8 games, so-and-so is shooting 82% from 3." There is more than one reason I can't listen to the pregame any more.
                              I have been bothered by that as well.

To his credit he justified it fairly well Wednesday.

Comment

You mentioned some valid facts that others believe demonstrate part of the story but it is an incomplete story designed to support your narrative. I and it appears that others agree, Show facts that support our belief that both players are valuable and the differences in Daishon's game to Conner's are not as smaller than you would think. We may just have to agree to disagree. Different styles but mostly positive results.
                                Jamar... is that you in there?

Comment

Working...
                                X