Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Clearly a foul on Rashard.

#Janssen'd
    And a travel as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
      And a travel as well.
      You're thinking of a different #Janssen'd moment.

Comment

You're thinking of a different #Janssen'd moment.
        I figure that, if Rashard was on the floor, holding the ball, he was probably traveling, whether anyone realized it or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
          I figure that, if Rashard was on the floor, holding the ball, he was probably traveling, whether anyone realized it or not.
          Nicely done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
            I want to know what Rauno is about to do in this photo. Probably none of my business.
            Would appear to be a "Wu's your daddy" moment. :)
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
              I want to know what Rauno is about to do in this photo. Probably none of my business.
              "Bennett, your mom wanted me to tell you she's sorry for missing breakfast with her baby this morning. Oh, and she wants to send you this message about your play lately."

Comment

• Seems that Landry is the only consistent force we have on this team thus far and he is living up to the accolades he received as a four star recruit. He has had some off nights scoring, but his overall play has been strong.

Rauno had a terrific game and I'm amazed Shaq has yet to step up and meet his challenge. Perhaps the infamous UNI flopstyle kept Shaq from being the effective force we've all come to appreciate but his lack of consistent productivity is going to lead to more time on the pine and that's troubling.

Conner had a nice game and I'm starting to warm up to the idea that he will never be the lights out three point deadeye I thought we were getting when he transferred. Like everybody else on this team, Conner has his role and he has probably settled into that role earlier than many of us have recognized or accepted ourselves.

It looked to me like Willis was a bit frustrated with the way the UNI bigs were playing him and he got way too aggressive on the offensive side of the ball. He just can't lower his shoulder like that and has to find a more subtle way to move his defender back as he moves to the basket.

You guys have commented enough on the officiating but wow, what a fiasco. The game at Koch will be a much different affair, of that I'm sure. While I believe UNI will get better as the season wears on, I just don't see them coming into our house and imposing their will on us as they did last year. We'll sweep this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                  Conner had a nice game and I'm starting to warm up to the idea that he will never be the lights out three point deadeye I thought we were getting when he transferred. Like everybody else on this team, Conner has his role and he has probably settled into that role earlier than many of us have recognized or accepted ourselves.
                  He's certainly a mystery. Mike and Bob said such before the game. They reported that it is a mystery because CF has on occasion, made numerous shots in a row during live practices. Somebody said that it is difficult to get in this type of zone unless a player is taking a lot of shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                    He's certainly a mystery. Mike and Bob said such before the game. They reported that it is a mystery because CF has on occasion, made numerous shots in a row during live practices. Somebody said that it is difficult to get in this type of zone unless a player is taking a lot of shots.
                    Conner may be one of those players that gets better with more attempts. That explains 3G telling him to look for his shot more often as much as anything. I also wish he could disengage the ol brain & just let it fly.
                    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

Rauno had a terrific game and I'm amazed Shaq has yet to step up and meet his challenge.
                      oh, stop. you are not

Comment

• His "role" is to run the offense not be the offense. He has
                        performed his role well. He plays hard and he plays smart.
                        The team is looking better than most expected going into
                        the season in part because of his solid, consistent, unselfish
                        play. I credit him greatly for accepting the role that has been
                        given him........a lot of players with his scoring ability would
                        not.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                          His "role" is to run the offense not be the offense. He has
                          performed his role well. He plays hard and he plays smart.
                          The team is looking better than most expected going into
                          the season in part because of his solid, consistent, unselfish
                          play. I credit him greatly for accepting the role that has been
                          given him........a lot of players with his scoring ability would
                          not.
                          1. The offense is often completely stagnant when Frankamp is in the game. He doesn't move the ball, and he doesn't break down a defense.
                          2. When, oh when, will folks quit appending things like "with his scoring ability" to every post about Frankamp? He's a 4th year Jr. averaging 4.8ppg.

Comment

1. The offense is often completely stagnant when Frankamp is in the game. He doesn't move the ball, and he doesn't break down a defense.
                            2. When, oh when, will folks quit appending things like "with his scoring ability" to every post about Frankamp? He's a 4th year Jr. averaging 4.8ppg.
                            I disagree with most of #1. He doesn't drive and break down the defense, but the ball moves very well with him in the game.

Comment

I disagree with both statements, especially number 1. I don't know if anyone keeps the stat but I would bet that he near the top in "hockey assists."

To my eyes it seems you have some kind of axe to grind on this topic. I could be wrong.

Comment

• Greg is certainly not the only coach that benches a player after fouls early in the game. Seems to be the standard now days.

Personally, I like our ball movement when Conner is directing it more than others. Not sure what it is, but he has quite a few times when he is wide open and either does not get the pass or does not take the shot when he does.

Comment

Working...
                                X