Kansas Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newshock1234
    KU celebrates like they have already won the national championship when they prolly have had the easiest road to the final four in NCAA tourney history. Beat a 16,8,12,10. IMO UNC will stomp them by about 10-15 points.
    I'm not so sure about that. KU has great match-up advantages against pretty much everyone. Their bigs will be able to contain Mr. All America Hansbrough.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
      Originally posted by newshock1234
      KU celebrates like they have already won the national championship when they prolly have had the easiest road to the final four in NCAA tourney history. Beat a 16,8,12,10. IMO UNC will stomp them by about 10-15 points.
      I'm not so sure about that. KU has great match-up advantages against pretty much everyone. Their bigs will be able to contain Mr. All America Hansbrough.
      na Hansbrough will eat Sasha Kaun alive
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Sasha's played pretty well throughout this tourney. Add Jackson and Arthur to the mix, as well.

Comment

Going into the Tournament I had a Kansas-UCLA final.

Right now I'm thinking I undervalued UNC and Memphis.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
            Would any KU fan argue with the statement that the car dealer in OKC's payment of $5,000 to Darnell Jackson wasn't worth it? Of course it was.
            Blah, blah, blah. Didn't you get schooled enough on this last time?

Comment

Yeah, whatever, he paid the money back. Right. I believe that.

Do you suppose Mr. Chalmers took a pay cut to move to Kansas with his all-star son? Yeah, whatever, I believe that.

Will Mr. Chalmers be the DoBO at KU one calendar year from the day Mario's eligibility expires? Convince me he's there to further his career in coaching and that he'll become an assistant coach somewhere in D1 because of the great job he did doing his "job" at KU.

Go KU. Show us what the penalty is for a "Lack of Institutional Control."

We've already seen the price the football program paid for giving kids answers to tests. Boy, that 12-1 record and the money harvested from the Orange Bowl Money Tree sure was a bitter pill to swallow, wasn't it?

That NCAA crackdown was so painful that it will surely be a deterrent against future transgressions. Right?

Comment

Yeah, whatever, he paid the money back. Right. I believe that.
                There wasn't any $5000 paid to anyone. You are clearly ignorant of the facts. I showed as much last year.

I've also personally seen worse "violations" with WSU players. Truth is that the rules are set up so that it is pretty much impossible not to violate them. I think that's just stupid because when you make everything illegal then you blur the distinction between what's really bad and what isn't.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the actions that led to Jackson's violations. Any reasonable person would have acted the same way.

Chris

Comment

OK, we'll take that one off the board then. You are obviously an expert in KU Cheatology, and God knows, that's a full-time, lifelong job.

However, keep swinging on the rest of the softballs I threw to you:

Do you suppose Mr. Chalmers took a pay cut to move to Kansas with his all-star son? Yeah, whatever, I believe that.

Will Mr. Chalmers be the DoBO at KU one calendar year from the day Mario's eligibility expires? Convince me he's there to further his career in coaching and that he'll become an assistant coach somewhere in D1 because of the great job he did doing his "job" at KU.

Go KU. Show us what the penalty is for a "Lack of Institutional Control."

We've already seen the price the football program paid for giving kids answers to tests. Boy, that 12-1 record and the money harvested from the Orange Bowl Money Tree sure was a bitter pill to swallow, wasn't it?

That NCAA crackdown was so painful that it will surely be a deterrent against future transgressions. Right?

Comment

Great game tonight. I thought KU was going down due to the amazing effort by Davidson, I didn't see that coming. Best game this weekend by far.
                    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Yes, it was an entertaining game, that's what the NCAA Tournament is all about -

Two teams loaded to the gills with Parade HS All Americans destined for the NBA.

Two of the titans of college basketball squaring off. Monster athletes going toe-to-toe on center stage.

Name brand, Hall of Fame coaches earning their multi-million dollar salaries.

The best of two major conferences displaying their wares in front of their tens of thousands of alumni supporters.

Billy Packer is right. We don't need those bothersome mid and low-majors anymore. The greatest, most scintillating matchups are always between the biggest schools with the most money and the highest number of Rivals 10-star recruits.

Give me Memphis and Texas anyday. Let Davidson and George Mason play on ESPN4 in the CBI Tournament. They can't compete with the Bluebloods of College Basketball, they'll just end up embarrassing themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
                        Great game tonight. I thought KU was going down due to the amazing effort by Davidson, I didn't see that coming. Best game this weekend by far.
                        i dont know how you didnt see it coming, Davidson has hung with the best teams in america, Duke, UCLA, and even at UNC. And beat Georgetown and dominated Wisconsin.
                        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

[quote="ISASO"]OK, we'll take that one off the board then.
                          [quote="ISASO"]

Thanks.

Chris

Comment

Glad to see Bill Self get this so called monkey off his back. Kyle Wilson and his family think quite well of him. He supported Kyle throughout his freshman year at Illinois. Many coaches would not have cared to do that.

Comment

From a plausibility standpoint, I don't find it that difficult to believe that Chalmer's dad would take a pay cut to be able to be involved with his son's basketball for the last couple of years he can considering he had coached him his entire basketball life. Being in Alaska and coaching high school basketball would pretty much make it impossible to closely follow his son's college career. I tend to believe that it's not always about money for high school teachers and coaches...

I also don't think it's a stretch to believe that he isn't necessarily doing that job in order to further his own career. It's probably pretty similar to Beasley's mom moving to Manhattan and working at Wal Mart or any number of other situations where parents want to be close to their kids and attend their games. It just so happens that Chalmers had the basketball background to qualify for a low level position with the program instead of working at Wal Mart.

I have no idea where the truth lies on this, but neither do you. It's just not that unrealistic of a logical jump to believe it's on the level. Besides if you are going to cheat, that'd be about the worst way to do it since it would be the easiest way to get caught.

Furthermore, even if it required hiring the dad to get the next Chalmers and paying him some ridiculous (but legal) amount, I would be all for WSU going that route...

Dude, you reek of bitterness...such an unattractive stench.

Comment

Nah, I just like to see the reactions of those who chose to engage in some sprited debate and then to prod the participant further if I find their answers entertaining. Thanks for playing.

The best part is when you can learn something along the way. Chris has proven himself quite knowlegeable and his participation is very beneficial and definitely appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X