X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive always been a huge davidson fan.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
      I will be rooting for Davidson. If KU was playing some other BCS team, I might root for KU. But then again, I might not.

How sweet would it be to have more than one midmajor in the F4?

Xavier has a real shot.
      Don't let Xavier or any other Atlantic 10 team hear you refer to them as being a mid-major. Remember, the teams in that conference blow a head gasket at the mere notion that they are mid-major programs, especially Xavier.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
        Don't let Xavier or any other Atlantic 10 team hear you refer to them as being a mid-major. Remember, the teams in that conference blow a head gasket at the mere notion that they are mid-major programs, especially Xavier.
        It depends on whether you are using the term mid-major as a term of derision, or as a term of classification. When I use the term mid-major, it is just a term of classification to designate a team from a conference other than the big six "bcs" conferences. People who take offense to the term probably see it as a term of derision, rather than as a term of classification.

There should be a better term to use when referrring to non-bcs conference teams in college basketball. Something that doesn't sound as demeaning.

Comment

If KU gets to the final 4, it will have to be the easiest road in history: #16, #8, #12, #10 seeds. Only one BCS team, and probably the last team in the tournament (Villanova).

Comment

KU was in a joke of a regional to begin with. Both the 2 and 3 seeds looked outclassed against Davidson. I've thought all along Wisconsin was way overrated, and I wasn't completely sold on Georgetown as a 2 seed either. It's almost sad to say, but I think we are going to be watching the best 2 teams in that regional tomorrow, Kansas and Davidson. And Go Davidson!!

Comment

Xavier, many times during the game, were so outclassed by UCLA, I wondered if they should have been on the court with them.

Comment

Re: Kansas Basketball

Originally posted by thenightwatchman
                Will you be rooting for KU to take the whole tourney?
                I've spoken to KU fans who will be rooting on Davidson...

Comment

Re: Kansas Basketball

Originally posted by thenightwatchman
                  Will you be rooting for KU to take the whole tourney?

If KU matches up with Satan, I will wear a red suit and carry a pitchfork.

Do you think you are funny? Ooooooo.......thenightwatchman....sooooo scary and witty and thought provoking.

Comment

Nope, not KU. I refuse to cheer for a team whom I know has violated ethics to get where it is.

Would any KU fan argue with the statement that the car dealer in OKC's payment of $5,000 to Darnell Jackson wasn't worth it? Of course it was.

Isn't the shady hiring of Mario Chalmers' father worth it? Of course it was.

Weren't all the enticements given to the Rush family by Tom Grant over the years worth it? Of course it was.

Playing in their 19th straight NCAA Tournament and their second straight Elite Eight is their "punishment" for getting caught cheating. If that is punishment, who needs a reward? They could have increased the $$ amount of the enticements by 20-fold and it would still be worth it until real penalties are handed out.

Nightwatchman, I'm sure you will agree with me that all the cheating was absolutely worth it. You wouldn't be here if KU had been banned from post-season play for the "lack of institutional control" that was cited. The CBS money is way too good to cut corners on cheating.

Remember, the NCAA has to give CBS a show for the $6 billion they paid. Without that money, the NCAA's budget would be decimated and we can't allow that to happen. How would they be able to give themselves first-class accomodations everywhere they go if they had to rely on revenue from FCS football and baseball?

It is of utmost importance to keep the CBS money flowing and if allowing a few schools "like KU" to cheat, then so be it. They know they can spend $5,000 here and a new mini-SUV there and it's totally worthwhile when $1 million per round can be had.

I suppose that's not the answer you were fishing for.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
                      Nope, not KU. I refuse to cheer for a team whom I know has violated ethics to get where it is.

Would any KU fan argue with the statement that the car dealer in OKC's payment of $5,000 to Darnell Jackson wasn't worth it? Of course it was.

Weren't all the enticements given to the Rush family by Tom Grant over the years worth it? Of course it was.

Playing in their 19th straight NCAA Tournament and their second straight Elite Eight is their "punishment" for getting caught cheating. If that is punishment, who needs a reward? They could have increased the $$ amount of the enticements by 20-fold and it would still be worth it until real penalties are handed out.

Nightwatchman, I'm sure you will agree with me that all the cheating was absolutely worth it. You wouldn't be here if KU had been banned from post-season play for the "lack of institutional control" that was cited. The CBS money is way too good to cut corners on cheating.

Remember, the NCAA has to give CBS a show for the $6 billion they paid. Without that money, the NCAA's budget would be decimated and we can't allow that to happen. How would they be able to give themselves first-class accomodations everywhere they go if they had to rely on revenue from FCS football and baseball?

It is of utmost importance to keep the CBS money flowing and if allowing a few schools "like KU" to cheat, then so be it. They know they can spend $5,000 here and a new mini-SUV there and it's totally worthwhile when $1 million per round can be had.

amen, my feelings exacting, that is one of the reason i dont root for KU. That and they just refuse to play us.
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Of all Kansas schools with major NCAA infractions, WSU (with seven) leads both KSU and KU. Therefore, with your "viotated ethics" statement, you shouldn't be a WSU fan either. I understand why WSU fans wouldn't like KU, but to say you don't like KU because we have NCAA infractions is to ignore the history of WSU basketball. Sorry.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Originally posted by Indy23

Of all Kansas schools with major NCAA infractions, WSU (with eight) leads both KSU and KU. Therefore, with your "viotated ethics" statement, you shouldn't be a WSU fan either. I understand why WSU fans wouldn't like KU, but to say you don't like KU because we have NCAA infractions is to ignore the history of WSU basketball. Sorry.
                          you guys have the most recent infractions
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234

Of all Kansas schools with major NCAA infractions, WSU (with eight) leads both KSU and KU. Therefore, with your "viotated ethics" statement, you shouldn't be a WSU fan either. I understand why WSU fans wouldn't like KU, but to say you don't like KU because we have NCAA infractions is to ignore the history of WSU basketball. Sorry.
                            you guys have the most recent infractions
                            So if WSU got a major infraction tomorrow, you wouldn't be a WSU fan anymore? Please. I hope you have more loyalty than that. For me, it was sad to see KU get the violations it did, but I my loyalty didn't drop. Because of our errors, we lost scholarships in football and men's basketball for several years. In that same time period, we've won an Orange Bowl and have gone to two Elite Eights. 99.8% of programs would be so lucky to be on probation and have that success.

Again, I understand why WSU fans would hate KU, but to say it's because of NCAA violations is not a good reason.

Edit - Newshock if you're being sarcastic that's cool. Every program cheats. USC bought Reggie Bush's parents a house. Harvard just got caught. Kentucky got secondary violations because of a message board poster. It happens. You just hope you have some compliance procedures in place that limits the really bad stuff.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Because of our errors, we lost scholarships in football and men's basketball for several years. In that same time period, we've won an Orange Bowl and have gone to two Elite Eights. 99.8% of programs would be so lucky to be on probation and have that success.
                              I'm not going to get into the rest of the argument, but this statement doesn't make any sense. The fact that KU cheated and made an Orange Bowl and 2 Elite Eights in spite of probation is, if anything, a huge sign that the punishment was far too light.

By your own statement, most programs on probation would be lucky to accomplish this, which suggests that the cheating was so productive that the punishment was not enough to stop KU from reaping the benefits from it.

This was essentially ISASO's argument in the first place (i.e. that the weak punishment was not enough to stop KU from gaining success by cheating), and you have made his argument for him.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Jim Ryun East High, Bob Timmons head coach at East decides to go to KU and become head track coach and Ryun decides to go to KU.

Darnell Valentine Heights High School, Lafyette Norwood head coach at Heights, becomes and assistant at KU and Darnell decides to go to KU.

Danny Manning, they give his dad a job and he decides to go to KU.

You have the Chalmers connection now.

I am sure that there are many others.

They are worse than slime.
                                Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X