LSU lost at Alabama 72-90
    Michigan State lost at Purdue 63-80
    Maryland-Eastern Shore lost to North Carolina Central 69-82
    South Carolina State defeated Copping State 84-79
    LBSU took UC Santa Barbara 66-48
    South Dakota State defeated IPFW 97-89
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• There is no defense being played in Stillwater tonight. 90-87 OU with 4 to go.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Final OSU 96 OU 92.
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
          Final OSU 96 OU 92.
          This is probably the best outcome for us. A home loss to OU would have tanked OSUs RPI. They need to stay in the Top 50 or even get to Top 25.

Comment

• Just wow on that team up north. Lucas not fouled, jump ball or no call. They get 2 free throws. Other end Jackson clearly leans over and bodies up, nowhere near straight up, the Baylor shooter, aaaannnnddddddd no call.

What a joke.

Ask Bill Self if he wants to see us in his bracket. We sure as hell won't fold like these weak Big12 teams do. We beat them. Sleeping or not.

Comment

• South Carolina is going to lose to Vandy

Comment

• There are a lot of potential points to grab in the polls based on the results this week. St. Mary's could still add to that pile of points up for grabs if they lose to BYU. I have to think we are positioned to grab our fair share of those available points.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                  It's better for us that SMU won. Houston was in a position to climb back on the bubble with a win.
                  Not above us, so I was pulling for them. Houston's best non-con win is either Rhode Island or a SWAC team. They lost by 20 to LSU. They also lost to Harvard. And an acceptable loss at Arkansas. If they won today, and their last 4 (10 straight) they might have pulled even with a team behind WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                    This board has rose colored glasses when it comes to the Jailbirds of the B12, including me at times, but they obviously know how to finish. Like it or not.
                    Unless they play a team that doesn't tinkle down their leg at literally every opportunity. You know, like an upper-division Valley team or something.

There's no denying that KU is a good and often great team.

There's also no doubt that the other Big12 teams collectively are the biggest bunch of choke artists ever assembled in one league.
                    Last edited by Cdizzle; February 18, 2017, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• Did anyone see the airballed dunk in the Zona/UW game?

Need UCLA to hold on against USC so the Trojans don't steal any votes on Monday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        Unless they play a team that doesn't tinkle down their leg at literally every opportunity. You know, like an upper-division Valley team or something.

There's no denying that KU is a good and often great team.

There's also no doubt that the other Big12 teams collectively are the biggest bunch of choke artists ever assembled in one league.
                        What worries me is they are trial tested in late game stress...and winning. Call the opponents out for pissing it away or bad calls. They have that experience. We don't. As much as I like our team, we have no idea how we will react in late game drama once we get to March. I hope we can handle it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                          What worries me is they are trial tested in late game stress...and winning. Call the opponents out for pissing it away or bad calls. They have that experience. We don't. As much as I like our team, we have no idea how we will react in late game drama once we get to March. I hope we can handle it.
                          Don't need it if you just blow everyone out. Let's just do that.

They also have experience getting AFH officiating and tinkle-syndrome opponents. You find considerably less of both of those things in the NCAA tournament, regardless of what experience you accrued throughout the season. Probably has something to do with the disparity between the seeds they get and the tourney results they net.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            Did anyone see the airballed dunk in the Zona/UW game?

Need UCLA to hold on against USC so the Trojans don't steal any votes on Monday.
                            USC getting blown out, down 22 in the last 5 minutes. Not really knocking the Trojans, but they struggled to put away MSU winning by 8 in December. They aren't giant killers. They ARE in before WSU though. 89-65

St Mary's pounding BYU 69-52.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                              South Dakota State defeated IPFW 97-89
                              SDSU's Mike Daum with FIDY ONE.

Comment

• #23 Maryland at #11 Wisconsin
                                #24 Butler hosts DePaul *sigh*
                                #20 Creighton hosts Georgetown

Unranked, not receiving any votes, Illinois State hosts Loyola

Could be a very interesting day

Comment

Working...
                                X