No announcement yet.

16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wake Forest officially the worst defensive team to ever receive an at-large.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
      Wake Forest officially the worst defensive team to ever receive an at-large.
      I pray someday KU will hire Danny Manning. Dear Eight Pound, Six Ounce, Newborn Baby Jesus.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        I pray someday KU will hire Danny Manning. Dear Eight Pound, Six Ounce, Newborn Baby Jesus.
        I see what you did there... Lol
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• NIT attendance for first round games was pathetic - largest crowd 5,533 Georgia Tech victory.

California and Monmouth games failed to draw 1,800 - just WOW!

Comment

• I watch the Cats sometimes, and I don't care for Weber, but Kellogg is an absolute idiot and he blew Manning and his pathetic team the entire time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
              Bruce is a distraction to watching this. Strange dude.
              The things he says that you can hear are the most 3rd grade Y level comments possible....strange, indeed!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                I watch the Cats sometimes, and I don't care for Weber, but Kellogg is an absolute idiot and he blew Manning and his pathetic team the entire time.
                Clark Kellogg is terrible and Wake Forest isn't much better. They got in over ILS?

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                  Danny has served his use to KU, as of 1988....

Comment

• To be fair, KU's big guys have been significantly worse since Manning left. When he was there as an assistant, KU could really develop big guys. There's been a big drop off since he left.

Comment

• Well WF plays very bad defense at all positions but they do like to score.

Comment

• I have no love for Danny purely because of his KU ties, but he's done a great job (in large part with other people's talent) at each stop so far, overachieving at both WF and Tulsa in terms of how quickly he got them both back to the Dance. I don't think he's done job hopping yet, but if he puts down roots in Winston-Salem it will be interesting to see if he can find sustained success. By all accounts he is a good guy and a "players" coach.

Wake Forest and NC State are tough jobs since they alternate between 3rd and 4th fiddle in the state despite sky-high attendance when the teams are decent/good and similar expectations from the donor base. That said, there is more leeway at Wake Forest and I think it is a much more palatable gig than NCSU given the Pack's AD and propensity to run off decent coaches who make the Tournament regularly but can't get them into a F4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                          I have no love for Danny purely because of his KU ties, but he's done a great job (in large part with other people's talent) at each stop so far, overachieving at both WF and Tulsa in terms of how quickly he got them both back to the Dance.
                          Did he really overachieve and get WF in the Dance, or does he happen to be coaching at an ACC school?

What I've seen of WF looks like a classic NIT 3 seed.

Comment

• Based on last night's performance, WF had no business being in the Dance, and while K-State could at least make an argument, I think both of those teams would have been beaten senseless by the Redturds.
                            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              Did he really overachieve and get WF in the Dance, or does he happen to be coaching at an ACC school?

What I've seen of WF looks like a classic NIT 3 seed.
                              I mean sure they were decidedly blah as far as Tournament teams go, but they are light years ahead of where Bzdelik parked them.

Same thing could have been said for Tulsa last season under Haith. Complete joke of a bid, but it still counts.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                                To be fair, KU's big guys have been significantly worse since Manning left. When he was there as an assistant, KU could really develop big guys. There's been a big drop off since he left.
                                They've gotten a lot better at physical violence and doing drugs with minors though.

Comment

Working...
                                X