No announcement yet.

16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My math is sketchy, but did Whisky take 2/3 of their shots from behind the arc?

That's a recipe for winning....
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      My math is sketchy, but did Whisky take 2/3 of their shots from behind the arc?

In the first half, they kind of got lulled into it. Creighton was playing great defense in the paint(strange as that may seem) they doubled everyone. When Wisky started locating shooters on the perimeter, they hit like eight in a row to swing an eight point deficit to a six point lead. From that point they fell in love with the shot the rest of the first half, but from that point on they missed a bunch. The second half, they worked the ball down low, but Creighton once again attacked the man with the ball. Wisky tried to close the gap late firing treys, but missed.

This Creighton team is a lot more athletic then I've ever seen. I'm still not sold on McDermott coaching them, but if he does, they could be very good. I really predicted a 20-point beatdown in this game, I was wrong.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
        My math is sketchy, but did Whisky take 2/3 of their shots from behind the arc?

Wisconsin was really physical. In the rebound department, Wisky owned both the offensive and defensive glass. That said, they were reduced to playing a lot of suburban horse.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
          Wisconsin was really physical. In the rebound department, Wisky owned both the offensive and defensive glass. That said, they were reduced to playing a lot of suburban horse.
          You just can't beat CU at that game. They own it.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
            In the first half, they kind of got lulled into it. Creighton was playing great defense in the paint(strange as that may seem) they doubled everyone. When Wisky started locating shooters on the perimeter, they hit like eight in a row to swing an eight point deficit to a six point lead. From that point they fell in love with the shot the rest of the first half, but from that point on they missed a bunch. The second half, they worked the ball down low, but Creighton once again attacked the man with the ball. Wisky tried to close the gap late firing treys, but missed.

This Creighton team is a lot more athletic then I've ever seen. I'm still not sold on McDermott coaching them, but if he does, they could be very good. I really predicted a 20-point beatdown in this game, I was wrong.
            How many did Grant Gibbs score?
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              He's at Indian Hill CC regaining two years of eligibility. He'll be a redshirt junior next year.

Comment

Didn't he join the Navy?
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                  This Creighton team is a lot more athletic then I've ever seen.
                  From what @MoValley John: said, it's obvious Grant Gibbs was a DNP. Maybe he broke a hip or something.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• KU trying to choke again. Per usual.

Edit: I stand corrected. Big shot by Mason.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                      KU trying to choke again. Per usual.

Edit: I stand corrected. Big shot by Mason.
                      Too bad I missed 'em tonight. Really wanted to watch 'em... Not!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                        Too bad I missed 'em tonight. Really wanted to watch 'em... Not!!!
                        I think I was sleeping during their game.
                        Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                          From what @MoValley John: said, it's obvious Grant Gibbs was a DNP. Maybe he broke a hip or something.
                          That makes sense. Although...while making my sales route through Mesa I could've sworn I seen him strolling around "Leisure World" the other day.
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                            So WSU beat Long Beach by 37 while #5 UNC won by 26 the exact same week?
                            I think the 49ers could of played The Tar Heels closer than even the score indicated, but they had to take a Central Time Zone swing to get to us, and then within 48 hours had to tip off on East Coast time. LBS is better than that score revealed obviously.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post
                              I think I was sleeping during their game.
                              I know I was sleeping during the Beaker's game.

Comment

• What I learned from last nights games: Wisconsin is overrated, Michigan State is overrated, Duke had injured players.

Comment

Working...
                                X