Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Wins Do You Think the Shox Will Have for The Regular Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerHoops View Post
    I predict struggles for a team with no senior leadership and very little inside presence. 16-15 sounds about right.
    Could those things affect us and cause us to lose more non-conference games than some of us anticipate? Very possible. However, can you explain to me who the eff out of the Valley is going to dominate us? UNI and Illinois State are certainly capable of winning a game...but I don't see that many losses in the Valley.
    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
      Will the NCAA also vacate the recent ass-kicking the Shockers delivered to the Beakers? Or will the NCAA just reverse the score and assign the Shockers with a loss while assigning the Beakers an irrevocable seed of no lower than 2 in the Big Dance??
      Oh they would vacate it in a second. God forbid lowly Wichita State ever beats Kansas, especially in the NCAA Tournament. They must have cheated somehow to do it, so let's just null and void that win. The thinking of the NCAA at it's finest

Comment

I am gaining confidence that my 30+ win projection will prove correct.

Comment

According to this poll, about 40 of us are about to be wrong. And depending on how things go at Arch Madness another 50 people will be wrong. Now 23-4 with 4 MVC games left plus hopefully as many as 3 more games in St. Louis, its almost a guarantee that we will get above 25 wins. 29 wins looks likely. 30 wins looks very possible, given the 41 point win over Illinois State in the last meeting. I'll admit, I did not think the Shocks would win 30 this year, and they very well might.

For the 6 brave Shockernetters who went on record with 30+ wins...you may be correct.
          Last edited by Dave Stalwart; February 12, 2017, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
            According to this poll, about 40 of us are about to be wrong. And depending on how things go at Arch Madness another 50 people will be wrong. Now 23-4 with 4 MVC games left plus hopefully as many as 3 more games in St. Louis, its almost a guarantee that we will get above 25 wins. 29 wins looks likely. 30 wins looks very possible, given the 41 point win over Illinois State in the last meeting. I'll admit, I did not think the Shocks would win 30 this year, and they very well might.

For the 6 brave Shockernetters who went on record with 30+ wins...you may be correct.
            Unless you're counting Arch Madness as regular season games 50 of us are about to be right.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerHoops View Post
              I predict struggles for a team with no senior leadership and very little inside presence. 16-15 sounds about right.
              Bump.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                Unless you're counting Arch Madness as regular season games 50 of us are about to be right.
                Well I do definitely have a hard time calling Arch Madness the "post-season" that's for sure. I mean, I guess to the McDermott family, an Arch Madness trophy is better than a Final 4, so maybe I should look at it differently.

Comment

Well I do definitely have a hard time calling Arch Madness the "post-season" that's for sure. I mean, I guess to the McDermott family, an Arch Madness trophy is better than a Final 4, so maybe I should look at it differently.
                  Pretty sure most people took this poll to refer to the regular season without Arch Madness. That is why 31 was the top number listed.
                  Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Is it possible to tell how I originally voted? The site tells me I voted but I don't see any indication of which option I chose. CRS is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                      Is it possible to tell how I originally voted? The site tells me I voted but I don't see any indication of which option I chose. CRS is terrible.
                      On the far left side of the Poll where the range of wins are, range you voted for should be in italic.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                        On the far left side of the Poll where the range of wins are, range you voted for should be in italic.
                        Thank you. I guessed 26-29 along with 54% of Shockernetters. Not quite a sunshine pumper but pretty close!

Comment

By now I'm thinking something in the range of 31-5 is reachable. 30+ wins in a rebuilding year sounds about right.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                            Agree, but CRAFT is even worse... believe me, I've got it bad.
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              Typically, you start to lose 3 big things as you reach the so-called golden years, your memory, your eyesight and I can't remember the 3rd thing. Thank goodness for Ultra High Def TV. Now if I could just remember what I did with the damn remote.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                I quite like their mac & cheese, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X