Shocker Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
    If McDuffie played to the point of exhaustion every time he went in it still wouldn't be enough minutes to satisfy me.
    He made everything look easy today

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
      PG/SG: Landry
      SG/PG: Frankamp
      SF: Brown
      PF: Willis
      C: Shaq

6th: McDuffie
      7th: Daishon
      8th: Nurger
      9th: Kelly
      10th: Reaves

I know a lot of people would criticize me for not putting McDuffie in the starting lineup but think about the logic behind it. A long starting core with some good defense tires out their first five and send MM in once their guys are tired. He can still get starter minutes, while boosting the offense of the second line. I'd say ZB has about the same defensive abilities if not better than MM so it makes sense to have him tire out their forward before sending in Duff. Made sense in my head at least.

Allow me to be the first of the many.

McDuffie is starting. You're WAY overthinking it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

It's preseason, what else do I have to do with my free time??

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
          If Reaves or Keyser steps up we have a pretty solid 4-guard rotation I think.
          I was impressed with Reaves for a true freshmen with only a couple of weeks of practice under his belt due to injuries

Comment

• AR!

That is all! :)
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Oh, there is more. :)

AR is destined to be a team leader; you can tell he has it!
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• It may take some time for the team to put it all together this year, but I can virtually guarantee that at some point in the next two seasons, we will be a problem on a national stage.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                  He must have gotten an assist on every 3 pointer because there was little penetration on his part.
                  Maybe. 3G said point guard play was just OK. Austin was pretty sloppy with the ball. Daishon had it tipped away from behind once or twice.

Comment

• I like that we have 5 home games (including the exhibition) before heading to the Bahamas. We should have some sort of identity by then.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• I don't have a problem with McDuffie coming in off the bench. That way he can be used at either the 3 or the 4, depending on what the need is that night. Then he gets 30 minutes. If the starters can handle the pressure of knowing that if they're off, they're out and the guy coming in for them isn't going to sit down much, that would be some motivation.

I can even see where McDuffie could come in if the 5 was the spot he was subbing for. Move a 4 to the 5. There are a lot of options and they're available early. McDuffie can get his minutes, but he gets them in areas where they help the team the most on that particular night.

Let opponents try to game plan for that!
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                        It may take some time for the team to put it all together this year, but I can virtually guarantee that at some point in the next two seasons, we will be a problem on a national stage.
                        Don't be too big for your britches.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Pretty sure the best player in the Valley is not starting the game on the bench this year. But then again, he could when player of the year and 6th man?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Don't be too big for your britches.
                            I bet Barry hates his boss right now.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I know its been said on here earlier, but this event for this program just doesn't fit, I'm not sure if it ever has but at this point Shocker Madness doesn't justify the product WSU puts on the court. Where are the students? Why not do this event on the weekend? Its all about the little things and there are a lot of little things that are missing from this night and its a shame that the Athletic Department doesn't put forth a better effort to make this happen. When I think back to the atmosphere for ESPN Game Day and the fun items they had it shows that it can be done at WSU and the fans will participate. I know that was national TV and it was before a big game but with the right sponsors and the right activities around the scrimmage it can and should be better. I hate to point to NE KS but they do it right and it doesn't mean we have to copy what they do but our teams deserve better.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                                Connor better second time around with 24
                                Made 36 of fifty attempts plus seven extra points for the two-point balls, if I counted right.
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X