Shocker Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
    Kinda wish they could pack out a student section for this, but I know that's been discussed ad nauseum.
    I'm actually kind of annoyed/mad with the sparse crowd at Shocker Madness tonight. Fans and students included.

If we want to be considered a top-tier program we need to pack that place completely, or at least 90%. It looks horrible to recruits when fans and students won't even show up to the first public event of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fafhrd Mouser View Post
      Nurger looks much improved. Appears stronger.
      That's a broken record every year... Want and need to see more

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Actually 6 assists and 4 rebounds by Daishon was not bad but you can tell he is still feeling his way learning 3G's system.
        I think your election is rigged. Ain't no way he had 6 assists. Recount demanded.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
          I'm actually kind of annoyed/mad with the sparse crowd at Shocker Madness tonight. Fans and students included.

If we want to be considered a top-tier program we need to pack that place completely, or at least 90%. It looks horrible to recruits when fans and students won't even show up to the first public event of the season.
          Agreed. The events are improved from years past, but something has to change if we want to show we're ready for that next level. Not gonna act like I have the answers but I'm sure we could find them in trying to mirror some of the elements of other program's equivalent. We are way behind and I'd love to take that next step.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
            Where did you get stats from?
            Yea that's a good stat line for any one

Comment

Agreed. The events are improved from years past, but something has to change if we want to show we're ready for that next level. Not gonna act like I have the answers but I'm sure we could find them in trying to mirror some of the elements of other program's equivalent. We are way behind and I'd love to take that next step.
              Need more hype... More hip hop... More edge and bravado... Own the moment..make people know that men's basketball means business

Comment

• CF was much more aggressive as a point guard.

I thought a lot of guys showed well:

MM
                RK
                DW
                DS
                AR
                RN
                LS

Comment

Where did you get stats from?
                  Paul Suellentrop

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                    I think your election is rigged. Ain't no way he had 6 assists. Recount demanded.
                    You need to e-mail Paul Suellentrop. He apparently is the one who stuffed the ballot box.

Comment

• Nice looking pay by many guys in the scrimmage. There are some skilled players on this roster. We may see a deep bench like Gregg's first few seasons here.

Reminder: Shocker Madness is a scrimmage ... there will never be a big crowd for it.
                      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        You need to e-mail Paul Suellentrop. He apparently is the one who stuffed the ballot box.
                        He must have gotten an assist on every 3 pointer because there was little penetration on his part.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• PG/SG: Landry
                          SG/PG: Frankamp
                          SF: Brown
                          PF: Willis
                          C: Shaq

6th: McDuffie
                          7th: Daishon
                          8th: Nurger
                          9th: Kelly
                          10th: Reaves

I know a lot of people would criticize me for not putting McDuffie in the starting lineup but think about the logic behind it. A long starting core with some good defense tires out their first five and send MM in once their guys are tired. He can still get starter minutes, while boosting the offense of the second line. I'd say ZB has about the same defensive abilities if not better than MM so it makes sense to have him tire out their forward before sending in Duff. Made sense in my head at least.

Comment

• If Reaves or Keyser steps up we have a pretty solid 4-guard rotation I think.

Comment

• If McDuffie played to the point of exhaustion every time he went in it still wouldn't be enough minutes to satisfy me.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                                If McDuffie played to the point of exhaustion every time he went in it still wouldn't be enough minutes to satisfy me.
                                A-G-R-E-E-D

Comment

Working...
                                X