Austin Reaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
    Need to cut bait on the kid and wish him well. His shoulders are probably a degenerative issue that will not get better. If he chooses to risk his health somewhere else, so be it, but I seriously doubt this is a health issue that will get better.
    Need to cut bait on KC Shox and **** him well. His dumbass brain is probably a degenerative issue that will not get better. If he chooses to risk his dumbass brain somewhere else, so be it, but I seriously doubt his dumbass brain issue will get better. Troll that you Asshat.

Comment

• I always took kc's post with a grain of salt until the last couple of months. Always thought Fever was a little harsh on the guy but after a comment on cutting the kid loose after an injury is way over the top. Fever do what you do best.

Comment

• This is what my wishes are. I'm hoping Austin gets well soon and his minutes played keep increasing. We speculated before the Season started that it would be next to impossible to keep this Freshman off the court. What a treat AR is to have as a Shocker and Coach Marshall said he is fun to coach and always eager to learn. Austin is a winner and that's the bottom line!!!!!!!
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
          I always took kc's post with a grain of salt until the last couple of months. Always thought Fever was a little harsh on the guy but after a comment on cutting the kid loose after an injury is way over the top. Fever do what you do best.
          Real classy of a program to cut a kid from a scholarship and education because he got injured

Comment

• My daughter played with something similar. Never had surgery so I'm pretty sure not as severe as reeves however her shoulder would pop
            Out from time to time. From her reaction you'd think she were done. But after a Day or two she was right back to playing. It got to the point she'd pop
            It back in sit out for awhile and play in the same game.
            Like I said I'm not comparing her situation to reaves but hopefully he will be ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
              I always took kc's post with a grain of salt until the last couple of months. Always thought Fever was a little harsh on the guy but after a comment on cutting the kid loose after an injury is way over the top. Fever do what you do best.
              With both barrels!

Comment

• Willis was asked something like who he thought might be a player that will surprise people this Season. He mentioned Austin Reaves. It touch my heart when Willis saw AR laying on the floor in pain holding his arm and quickly picked him up off the floor and safely to his feet. Our Shockers always have each others back and we have class acts in the Marshall Plan.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                  Based on Reaves reaction, he is likely done for the year. Hopefully he can get a MRS and a full year off will let his shoulder get back to 100%.

Reaves has had surgeries on both on both shoulders. I hope this isn't an issue he'll have to deal with all of his playing career. Those problems seem to compound on each other, once the first one happens.

I hope I am wrong and it was just a cautious/scared reaction and that he will be fine in a short period of time. Unfortunately, he knows what that injury feels like and he reaction seemed to reflect that.

Shocker Nation loves you Austin and is rooting for your successful/speedy recovery!
                  In no particular order, my comments (all of which is obviously opinion, except for my last point, which is a fact):

-I was at the game and didn't happen to be watching at the exact moment it occurred, but I am willing to bet he dislocated his shoulder. The reason that I say that is because his reaction was an exact duplicate of a former teammate of mine that had the same thing occur during a game - sitting upright, motionless, in a lot of pain, pointing to his shoulder, and explaining that it needed to be popped back in.

-Just as I was about follow my teammate's instructions and "lift up at the elbow and punch it into my body", the trainer got there... thank God. It was nasty - a dimple in the shoulder joint right in the middle of the deltoid muscle. Respect for Austin's pain tolerance on that note.

-Distraught is the only word that comes to mind about what my reaction was (and what everyone's should be - more on that later). I basically paced back and forth on an entire empty row at the top of the stands with my hands on my head. I've been telling coach and former player friends of mine to watch this kid, and it breaks my heart that he has this setback.

-As far as long term... I agree with @Dan: that he needs a ****load of upper body muscle and that comes with age. However, I also know from about a half dozen different conversations with athletes over the years that once it happens - even with surgery - it is still a recurring risk. Hopefully the technology is better and improving.

-I do think it's encouraging that he (presumably) got it popped back in and rejoined the team. I think I saw the Michigan State trainer run into the tunnel after our trainer and Austin - nice gesture.

-@KC Shox:, you should be ashamed of yourself. And this is coming from a guy who actually appreciates your contrarian viewpoint over the years. An apology is in order.

Good News

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                    Need to cut bait on the kid and wish him well. His shoulders are probably a degenerative issue that will not get better. If he chooses to risk his health somewhere else, so be it, but I seriously doubt this is a health issue that will get better.
                    You should seriously consider banning yourself from SN again.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• @_kai_ @RoyalShock @DUShock: It's long past due for this turd to get flushed. If you don't have the toughness to do it permanently, at least for several months or so. What's the point of moderation if this kind of disgusting bullish*t is allowed to be posted here? There has been nothing of substance that has come from his typewriter as far as I can ever remember. Being the narcissist, attention-seeking ***** he is, is one thing. But acting like a wormy, insensitive toad about injuries not once but TWICE within a week is BEYOND defensible.

Do what should have happened a while ago and can this turd.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• KC is on my ignore list; while I wish Kai would ban the pr**k their action is less important to me now.

Comment

• I know I don't post much on this board but if something is not done about KC shox blatant disrespect for this teams players I can no longer see myself being an active member here due to the disrespectful rhetoric.
                          Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• KC needs to go follow UMKC his comments are over the line.

My prayers are with Austin.

Comment

• Any real updates on his injury... For people who actually care for his well being

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                                Any real updates on his injury... For people who actually care for his well being
                                Per Paul S. Dislocated shoulder. Second time it's happened while at WSU but unsure what recovery time table looks like.

Edit: if you meant KC Shox's mental injury, that one is permanent. No recovery.

Comment

Working...
                                X