Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Thanks for the added info.
    Booker got injured (strained left adductor), while guarding FVV (non-contact injury).
    The Assman

Comment

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I looked up a video. So, Fred "caused" the injury by Booker bumping/riding on Fred while FVV was bringing the ball up FadedCrown?

• FadedCrown
      FadedCrown commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes ShockTalk

• NM
    Last edited by wusphlash; December 8, 2017, 10:24 PM.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• +/- wise, it might appear that Fred had on off night in Toronto’s 116-107 win over Memphis, but jump on twitter to see the rest of the story. Apparently Fred entered the game with 2:58 remaining in the third and Toronto trailing by one... and didn’t come back out until he lead Toronto to a W. When it mattered most, he was the go to PG tonight.

Again, I highly encourage you to jump on Twitter and see the high praise he’s getting from fans; they can’t get enough of Fred!

Comment

•  

Comment

•  

Comment

• FVV has scored in double figures in 3 straight now and has averaged 9.9 ppg over his last 10 games (6.6 ppg for the year).

His shooting percentages continue to improve and his peripheral stats are outstanding. Could not be on a better trajectory.

Just awesome stuff.

Comment

• link issue

Comment

• I just ran into Fred at the mall in Scottsdale. Man what a cool dude, was happy to see him, wished him the best. Was too bashful to grab a pic with him tho.

I'm gonna go to the game tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
                  I just ran into Fred at the mall in Scottsdale. Man what a cool dude, was happy to see him, wished him the best. Was too bashful to grab a pic with him tho.

I'm gonna go to the game tomorrow.
                  That's awesome to hear! Celebrities are people, too, and are entitled to bad days... but I always enjoy hearing about pleasant celebrity encounters.

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

That's awesome to hear! Celebrities are people, too, and are entitled to bad days... but I always enjoy hearing about pleasant celebrity encounters.
                    Indeed! He conducted himself as a humble, very approachable person. In my surprise, I simply said "Fred?!" which could seem rude on my part, but Mr.VanVleet approached me and shook my hand. I congratulated him on all his success, offered a bit of my fan history, and wished him the best. He thanked me, shook my hand again.

Makes me extra proud for Shocker Nation, he's really got a great head on his shoulders.

Comment

• My 10 year old grandson's favorite NBA player is Kyrie Irving but now that Kyrie is no longer with he Cavs my wife asked me who he was playing for now and what I thought we should get him for Christmas.

We settled on this:

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        My 10 year old grandson's favorite NBA player is Kyrie Irving but now that Kyrie is no longer with he Cavs my wife asked me who he was playing for now and what I thought we should get him for Christmas.

We settled on this:

I love Fred's logo. When I first saw it, I immediately thought of the image below. Not sure our 'younger' Shockernetters know what it is? My wife says I'm weird and need help. :)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                          1972Shocker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Seems like I heard something recently that vinyl was making a comeback. That said I just say your wife sound like a very intelligent person and I have to agree with her assessment. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        Not sure our 'younger' Shockernetters know what it is? My wife says I'm weird and need help.
                        Ha! And when I first saw your record thingy, I thought of these ...

Tracers.jpg

Not sure the younger Shockernetters will know what those are either. But if you flicked your wrist just write you could get extra distance!
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• WuDrWu
                          WuDrWu commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm way too old....didn't even have to think about it because my mental fatigue only affects the last 30 years or so...everything before that is still ok.

• Sacramento trailed 96-88 after a jump shot by Bogdan Bogdanovic with 2:28 remaining, but a step-back 3-pointer by Fred VanVleet with the shot clock expiring gave Toronto a 99-88 edge with 1:38 left.

"It was big," DeRozan said of VanVleet's shot. "We needed a bucket at that time. It shifted the momentum to kind of seal it for us and run away with it after that."

Expert recap and game analysis of the Toronto Raptors vs. Sacramento Kings NBA game from December 17, 2017 on ESPN.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                          1972Shocker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Nice line for Fred. 3-4 from the field for 7 points 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 turnover and +10 in 22 minutes.

• 6th man of the year?????

Comment

Working...
                        X