No announcement yet.

Fred is a Raptor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought someone would have reported this by now. Fred is playing with the Toronto's 905 on ESPNU right now!

Comment

• 23 and 10 in the 3rd

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockersarelife View Post
        23 and 10 in the 3rd
        Finished with 28pts and 14 ast. Amazing winner.
        Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

• Originally posted by RussDaBus View Post
          Finished with 28pts and 14 ast. Amazing winner.
          He apparently got ejected with a second left?

Comment

• Did they win?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              I don't believe so as I was watching and he wasn't even on the court

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawman View Post
                Did they win?
                Yes

Comment

where did you see this?

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                    where did you see this?
                    http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2017/04/27/raptors-assignees-lead-raptors-905-d-league-championship/

Towards the bottom

"Of course, the celebration wasn’t without some added dramatics. Upset that the 905 took an unnecessary shot late in the game, the Vipers didn’t go quietly, and the two sides had to be pulled apart from a shoving match after the buzzer. Even as the 905 separated and tried to begin celebrating, officials had to intervene to get the sides separated. They then reviewed to see if a fraction of a second needed to be put back on the clock, even though it was a 25-point game. Then VanVleet was tossed for trying to dap up his friend Chinanu Onuaku, who was also thrown out (along with Joshua Smith). The whole thing was exceptionally weird."

Comment

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2017/04/27/raptors-assignees-lead-raptors-905-d-league-championship/
                      But an even better part of the article:

"Fred VanVleet once again looked too advanced for this level, scoring 28 points on 10-of-17 shooting and dishing 14 dimes. He also added five rebounds, helped frustrate Morris into foul trouble, and wound up with a plus-25 in 36 minutes. The second the game ended, all he cared about was whether the Raptors were hanging on, which tells you a lot of what you need to know about VanVleet. He was masterful here."
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

"Fred VanVleet once again looked too advanced for this level, scoring 28 points on 10-of-17 shooting and dishing 14 dimes. He also added five rebounds, helped frustrate Morris into foul trouble, and wound up with a plus-25 in 36 minutes. The second the game ended, all he cared about was whether the Raptors were hanging on, which tells you a lot of what you need to know about VanVleet. He was masterful here."
                        Just to be clear, i wasn't trying to trash on Fred. He had an amazing game. Just thought it was comical that he got thrown out of a championship game that they were blowing out the other team with a second left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I watched every move this kid made from the day I met him in late May '12 until he left WSU, and a short year later he still amazes me. He TOYED with this league. That was an EASY 28 and 14. He's incredible, and we were SO lucky to have known him.

Comment

Just to be clear, i wasn't trying to trash on Fred. He had an amazing game. Just thought it was comical that he got thrown out of a championship game that they were blowing out the other team with a second left.
                            I never questioned ya for a second. You were just responding to the people asking about it.

Thanks for posting that link!

Comment

Yes I remember logging into some obscure streams to watch him play AAU or high school ball. Didn't we even start a game thread for one of his club or high school matches? What a blessing he is to WSU.

Comment

Then VanVleet was tossed for trying to dap up his friend Chinanu Onuaku, who was also thrown out (along with Joshua Smith). The whole thing was exceptionally weird."
                                I don't know what this means. Am I really THAT old already?

Comment

Working...
                                X