Fred is a Raptor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
    I'm sure he would want to be somewhere where his play actually affects the outcome of the game. It's nice he is on a winning team now, but it has to be tough only getting in the game when the outcome has already been decided.
    Yep. Only a select few want the NBA just to win and make money.

Comment

• sidenote: gregg popovich is the best basketball coach in america. kinda by far. all of his peers would attest to that, coach k first of all, roy williams seconding it, bill self too. fvv belongs in san antonio.
      Last edited by another shocker; May 5, 2017, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• Freddie looked pissed tonight. Just my uneducated take, but I don't think he cared for losing, nor for being inserted into a game that didn't matter again. He played angry. Good for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
          sidenote: gregg popovich is the best basketball coach in america. kinda by far. fvv belongs in san antonio.
          He is quite similar to what would be considered the polar opposite of Dwayne Casey.
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Freddie looked pissed tonight. Just my uneducated take, but I don't think he cared for losing, nor for being inserted into a game that didn't matter again. He played angry. Good for him.
            I agree. It looked like he might have had some hopes to get into the game when it mattered tonight with Lowry out. That didn't happen, even though he's continually proven himself to be better than the Wright kid that keeps getting any minutes available before mop up time.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

gregg popovich is the best basketball coach in america. kinda by far. all of his peers would attest to that, coach k first of all, roy williams seconding it, bill self too. fvv belongs in san antonio.
              With Parker out for the playoffs with an injury, his return questionable given his age, and a high payroll, the Spurs could use an inexpensive extra PG next year.

Comment

sidenote: gregg popovich is the best basketball coach in america. kinda by far. all of his peers would attest to that, coach k first of all, roy williams seconding it, bill self too. fvv belongs in san antonio.
                Agree with everything you posted but such an outcome is too much to hope for isn't it? Or is it?

Comment

• Like I said, it has to be tough to not get called upon to affect the outcome of a game.

Comment

sidenote: gregg popovich is the best basketball coach in america. kinda by far. all of his peers would attest to that, coach k first of all, roy williams seconding it, bill self too. fvv belongs in san antonio.
                    I think Pop is a good coach, and we have a mutual friend that speaks highly of him so I'll take that at face value. No idea whether he's the best coach out there - he bumped Bob Hill out of the way right after the season they lost David to a back injury that later turned into the #1 overall pick that later turned into Tim Duncan. Healthy Dave and young Tim makes it a little easier to win.

RC and staff deserve credit for finding Parker and Ginobili abroad and they all deserve credit for having a first class culture and team first organization.

As far as Fred, I've been thinking and saying he's a perfect fit for the Spurs for 3 years. Last year I thought he was better than Patty Mills straight up and someone on here strongly disagreed.

But he is.

Although I will admit to a little bias for wanting a reason to have Fred down here.

Comment

• IMO I think New Orleans would be a perfect place for him. Could you imagine Fred running the pick and roll with both Cousins and Davis... If you don't get slightly aroused thinking about that you might be dead. Right now the starter is Jrue Holiday with Time Frazier as the backup. He could play serious minutes there and possibly start. Perfect mesh of playing time and potentially being on a winning team.

Comment

• Thunder would work great for either Fred or Ron. Take some of the stress off Russ' shoulders so they don't blow every lead when he leaves the game.
                        The Assman

Comment

• Fred in in the 1st quarter
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• In again, bad miss on a 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
                              In again, bad miss on a 3.
                              And then makes up for it with a beauty from deep

Comment

• Like it or not, this is crunch time.

Comment

Working...
                                X