Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    You missed the point.

For me personally, I'd watch a Hawaii-BYU game over an NBA game any day of the week. I won't even acknowledge an NBA game until the end of May.
    Is that the most likely game to result in a fist fight? I think it might be.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
      You don't think NBA teams employ tactics?
      Of course they do.

?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Of course they do.

?
        I'm just curious how one draws the conclusion that college is a more tactical game than the NBA?
        Last edited by pie n eye; October 5, 2016, 01:31 PM.

Comment

I'm just curious how one draws the conclusion that college a more tactical game than the NBA?
          One generally has to be more tactical when

a) planning and executing a defense
          b) planning and executing against a defense

Comment

• Originally posted by SirShoxAlot View Post
            How do you play selfish baseball? This sentence makes zero sense to me.
            There is a lot of non-selfishness to good baseball. Sacrifice bunts, sacrifice flies, just by definition. Hitting behind the runner to advance to scoring position. Giving up yourself on the basepath to allow teammate to score. Taking good pitches to hit so that a runner can steal. Just a few examples.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• What I'd like to see is a team comprised of NBA playing the current brand against the same NBA players playing and executing as a team (like with a 30-second clock instead of 24). But comparing a crappy NBA team with 27-30 year old all-stars against a great college team with 18-21 year olds going to school is not and should not be a valid comparison.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                What I'd like to see is a team comprised of NBA playing the current brand against the same NBA players playing and executing as a team (like with a 30-second clock instead of 24). But comparing a crappy NBA team with 27-30 year old all-stars against a great college team with 18-21 year olds going to school is not and should not be a valid comparison.
                The 24 second shot clock has been around for like 60 years now. You would prefer a game with a final score of 19-12?

Comment

You would prefer a game with a final score of 19-12?
                  Yes. That is exactly what he said. 31 points in 48 minutes. That is the goal.

Comment

• Fred said it himself, in one of the links in his NBA thread, that they are two different games. I watched the entire game last night to see Ron play. The Knicks play was terrible, pre-season or not, and I doubt that I will watch another NBA game until the playoffs. Too many other enjoyable things in life to waste my time with the NBA. YMMV
                    One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                      the Royals still play TEAM baseball in a league of Stars
                      Originally posted by SirShoxAlot View Post
                      How do you play selfish baseball? This sentence makes zero sense to me.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

And how does this relate to the original question?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

NBA defense is harder than you acknowledge. From Larry Brown, the only title winning coach in both NCAA and NBA: " “When you’re at a college game, in the second half you probably have to make two or three decisions late. In a pro game you probably make 30. And you times that by 100, and then times that by 30, and there’s a huge, huge difference."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            You missed the point.

For me personally, I'd watch a Hawaii-BYU game over an NBA game any day of the week. I won't even acknowledge an NBA game until the end of May.
                            No, I think I get your point. You're a college fan, not so much a basketball fan. And that's ok. But don't kid yourself into thinking the play in college is better. It just isn't. It's different. I think I could take the last player signed for each team and beat the Villanova Wildcats from last year. And I can't coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              [Insert joke about letting the hot chick have our balls]
                              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I watched a Drake game the other day, they are terrible and don't play defense. College basketball sucks.

That's the anti-NBA argument applied to college basketball with the bonus that you can replace Drake with probably at least about a hundred other college teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X