Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShoxHailGGG View Post
    Flows through the veins Black & Yellow does. Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. Clouded this boy is. Very Clouded.
    Stop being "clouded" my friend. And stop being fearful. Rise up! Love yourself first and be the man you know you truly are. God Bless!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Some of these topics take strange tangents but this is really weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
        Some of these topics take strange tangents but this is really weird.
        @ShoxHailGGG: I got my EYE on YOU.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I don't think there's ever been a stranger and less likely thread jack than jacking a thread about Baker to note how fragile and rail he looks.

Yeah, Baker has really slacked off on his conditioning. He's so weak by now that the Knicks can only use him to set screens on NBA power forwards. They wouldn't dare have him try to screen a 300 pound 7'2" post player - or would they?

Think about this for a moment. The Knicks can legitimately use their point guard to screen power forwards.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            @ShoxHailGGG: I got my EYE on YOU.
            I've seen that eye:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              I don't think there's ever been a stranger and less likely thread jack than jacking a thread about Baker to note how fragile and rail he looks.

Yeah, Baker has really slacked off on his conditioning. He's so weak by now that the Knicks can only use him to set screens on NBA power forwards. They wouldn't dare have him try to screen a 300 pound 7'2" post player - or would they?

Think about this for a moment. The Knicks can legitimately use their point guard to screen power forwards.
              To be honest, I don’t watch a lot of NBA games so I can’t speak to his ability to set screens against top NBA power forwards. If that’s true, than I’m impressed and maybe there is some value to the type of training and work he does. I personally think he looked smaller, but maybe that’s with the NBA requires now. One things for certain, if this is what he’s doing to produce those types of results, I imagine more players are doing the same. Call me a traditionalist, but I always thought the stronger your leg press, bicep curl, and bench was, the better player you are. Maybe our guys should do less of these traditional exercises for more of what Baker does? If it’s good enough for an NBA Pro, I can’t imagine 3G would want anything different.

Comment

• As a Senior at Wichita State Ron was listed at 6-4, 210.

The 2017-18 NY Knicks roster lists Ron at 6-4, 220.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxHailGGG View Post
                  Maybe our guys should do less of these traditional exercises for more of what Baker does? If it’s good enough for an NBA Pro, I can’t imagine 3G would want anything different.
                  And how do you know "our guys" which I assume you mean Shocker men's basketball team members aren't doing more of what Ron is doing?

Historically, training methods evolve and change overtime as the understanding of athletic training changes and improves and becomes much more sport specific. Traditional does not mean state of the art.

Comment

• Based on current available data, I would state with confidence that both current and past WSU basketball players and current and past Ron Baker are doing exactly what they should be to be relevant at the highest level of their respective fields.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      And how do you know "our guys" which I assume you mean Shocker men's basketball team members aren't doing more of what Ron is doing?

Historically, training methods evolve and change overtime as the understanding of athletic training changes and improves and becomes much more sport specific. Traditional does not mean state of the art.
                      Look at our mass monsters? They’re the complete opposite of Baker. They HAVE to be doing something differently our recruiting strategy is different then it once was.

Comment

• Do we have a an open your mouth and remove all doubt situation here?

Comment

Do we have a an open your mouth and remove all doubt situation here?
                          Quite possibly. Could be the reason I’m having ‘Dofo’ flashbacks…
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            Quite possibly. Could be the reason I’m having ‘Dofo’ flashbacks…
                            Were you wearing the 3-D glasses I gave you to observe the eclipse with?

Comment

Were you wearing the 3-D glasses I gave you to observe the eclipse with?
                              Yes, and thank you very little...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Ron may be emaciated but he is still being Ron.

Campers at Rolling River Day Camp in East Rockaway were eagerly running around on Aug. 11 as they followed their counselors to meet special guest Ron Baker, a point guard for the Knicks.

Comment

Working...
                                X