Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
    Am I reading correctly that rose is gone to the cavs?
    Yep, and making less than half what Baker will be getting.

Of course there is that thing about winning an NBA championship with LeBron. That can make up for a cut in salary.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• It seems like Lebron has really good luck with *leftover* Knicks so this may be a good move for Rose.

Comment

• As far as winning a championship, as long as the Warriors are still intact I don't see that as anything but a pipe dream.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
          As far as winning a championship, as long as the Warriors are still intact I don't see that as anything but a pipe dream.
          But...now that they have Rose...

Oh, wait! What am I saying?
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• 3,210 likes, 38 comments - ronbaker620 on July 31, 2017: "Grandpa spoilin his grandkids!"

Sure hope Ron didn't make Grandpa pay the bill....

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxHailGGG View Post
              https://www.instagram.com/p/BXO0Ekhg...by=ronbaker620

Let me say this about that. This is what we grandpa's do at times like this. They lay the bill down, usually beside grandpa. We can't hear so good, (What--I CAN'T HEAR U!!!) and for sure we can't see the fine print to interpret the jargon of the pending bill.

It is true!!! We squeeze Abraham until he has a permanent wave. We may need a lil help from our friends but 'that all depends' if you ya know what I mean. Pay the bill you say? Time out, and this may take a spell, BUT I will be right back if ya know what I mean. Okay, it's all good. Where's the bill because I find "the bill" buswax is to be the easiest part of this whole gig at times like these situations that are far from rare indeed and That is a good thing, even if one of them plays with the best of the best.
              Last edited by forevershockerfan; August 1, 2017, 07:56 PM.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXO0Ekhg...by=ronbaker620
                I’ll confess that outside a few Thunder games that’s I attend, I rarely watch the NBA. I tune in to watch the Finals each year but that’s about my extent. Seriously though, do NBA players have time to exercise like they do in college? I remember when Baker looked more like linebacker Clay Matthews where now he looks more like long-distance runner Steve Prefontaine. Anyone know how it works at that level?
                Last edited by ShoxMTXE; August 1, 2017, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxMTXE View Post
                  I’ll confess that outside a few Thunder games that’s I attend, I rarely watch the NBA. I tune in to watch the Finals each year but that’s about my extent. Seriously though, do NBA players have time to exercise like they do in college? I remember when Baker looked more like linebacker Clay Matthews where now he looks more like long-distance runner Steve Prefontaine. Anyone know how it works at that level?

Seems as if he's training at a personal training studio now. Looks to be seem new age type stuff in there

Comment

• Incase some of you don't know, he is training with Bret Michael a former shocker himself. Brett has started his own strength training business here in Wichita, along with his current job as strength coach for Sunrise. That's where that video is from.

Comment

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...161384323.html
                      Seems as if he's training at a personal training studio now. Looks to be seem new age type stuff in there
                      I’m not the most knowledgeable about this stuff but don’t those seem light for a pro? My wife had some walking weights that look heavier than what he’s using. I figured he’d stay with the squatting and cleaning like our guys do.

Maybe New York wants something different out of him but I’d figure if this Brett guy came from WSU, he’d do more things he did while he was here. Isn’t Sunrise still a feeder school? I’d figure the exercises would be more alike then different. Maybe that’s why I like college basketball more than professional - more physicality with the big exercises they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxMTXE View Post
                        I’m not the most knowledgeable about this stuff but don’t those seem light for a pro? My wife had some walking weights that look heavier than what he’s using. I figured he’d stay with the squatting and cleaning like our guys do.

Maybe New York wants something different out of him but I’d figure if this Brett guy came from WSU, he’d do more things he did while he was here. Isn’t Sunrise still a feeder school? I’d figure the exercises would be more alike then different. Maybe that’s why I like college basketball more than professional - more physicality with the big exercises they do.
                        I'm no exercise science expert, but the exercises is the videos appear to be focused on isolating very specific leg muscles and the weights are less about providing maximum resistance as providing the right amount of resistance without destroying the balance of the person trying to do the exercise. I'm sure he is doing plenty of standard weight lifting with heavy weights, but using the heaviest weights is not appropriate to every exercise. Further, if you are trying to develop less frequently used muscle groups, heavy weights can be counterproductive. In developing those muscles you are often intentionally trying to relax your more developed muscles and let the other muscles do the bulk of the work, but with heavy weights it becomes harder to not have your more developed muscles shoulder the load, which works out those muscles, but doesn't provide the benefit of developing under-used muscles that was the point of the exercise.
                        Last edited by The Mad Hatter; August 2, 2017, 03:57 PM.
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• I’ll be damned. Thanks for explaining that. I learned something new today so whoever said old dogs can’t learn new tricks is wrong. Huh! Huh! Huh!

Comment

• try to do a one legged squat and see how much weight you can do. It's hard enough to do with no weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                              I'm no exercise science expert, but the exercises is the videos appear to be focused on isolating very specific leg muscles and the weights are less about providing maximum resistance as providing the right amount of resistance without destroying the balance of the person trying to do the exercise. I'm sure he is doing plenty of standard weight lifting with heavy weights, but using the heaviest weights is not appropriate to every exercise. Further, if you are trying to develop less frequently used muscle groups, heavy weights can be counterproductive. In developing those muscles you are often intentionally trying to relax your more developed muscles and let the other muscles do the bulk of the work, but with heavy weights it becomes harder to not have your more developed muscles shoulder the load, which works out those muscles, but doesn't provide the benefit of developing under-used muscles that was the point of the exercise.
                              This ...
                              The place he's at is USA Martial Arts and Fitness. They do "Kick-Boxing bootcamps" that I've done before. A lot of it is similar to cross-fit type exercises. There are different ways to build muscle. Straight heavy lifting is good for bulking up. This type of training is better for targeting muscles with can help with agility and explosiveness.

Comment

• I prefer 12oz curls…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X